Geist - 1.1.1.8 - Public Beta - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Geist - 1.1.1.8 - Public Beta

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

schmidi

Postby schmidi » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:37 pm

Try this: in Geist's browser you see the bar that should say "name" with an arrow on the right side above where your samples should be displayed vertically. Directly next to that there is another arrow (directly above the black up/down browser slider). L Click this 2nd arrow and a menu should come up which allows you to set what is viewable within the browser. The very bottom option is "view all". Try selecting this and see if it helps.

metalvib

Postby metalvib » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:15 pm

schmidi wrote:Try this: in Geist's browser you see the bar that should say "name" with an arrow on the right side above where your samples should be displayed vertically. Directly next to that there is another arrow (directly above the black up/down browser slider). L Click this 2nd arrow and a menu should come up which allows you to set what is viewable within the browser. The very bottom option is "view all". Try selecting this and see if it helps.

No cigar.

The problem isn't viewing files in the browser. I'm simply not able to drag content from the browser to the Content or Favourites. I've got several packs for Geist, neither show up under Content, where they used to be. And since dragging the folders back in place doesn't work either, this beta is not for me. I'm definately re-installing 1.1.1.4 now!

schmidi

Postby schmidi » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:13 pm

Ahh, you know I had this problem before 1.1.1.8 At this moment only Analog Mayhem expander shows in my "content" section, even though all my other expanders are in the same Windows folder.

What I had to do was direct the Geist browser to that area in Windows, R click the expander, and say "set as favorite".

Sorry you're having troubles

metalvib

Postby metalvib » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:06 am

schmidi wrote:Ahh, you know I had this problem before 1.1.1.8 At this moment only Analog Mayhem expander shows in my "content" section, even though all my other expanders are in the same Windows folder.

What I had to do was direct the Geist browser to that area in Windows, R click the expander, and say "set as favorite".

Sorry you're having troubles

I guess I should report this as a bug, but even though drag-and-drop of folders work nicely in 1.1.1.4 (and previous versions), I've had some issues where all of the folders in Content and Favourites were gone. It's easy enough to just drag and drop the folders back in place, but would be nicer if the content didn't disappear all the time.

Btw. I reverted to 1.1.1.4 now and I can drag and drop again. Didn't test the r-click and "set as favourite".

Kayvon

Postby Kayvon » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:46 pm

Hi, I'm getting two bugs in 1.1.1.4 so I'm thinking of upgrading to 1.1.1.8

Both these are in standalone mode, not used enough in a DAW yet.

No1 Bug which is most annoying is after I've sampled something into the sample editor and try preview looping it (to tell if it loops properly so I can export it) I get a kind of stutter which is like a duck in volume and timing. Often happens once every loop if it's an average bar long and changes place in the loop with every subsequent repetition. I can sometimes get away with looping a single hit and it doesn't come round till after a couple of repititions.

No2. Bug is that when using the Japan filter on a layer in pad edit I can't select some modes. I try clicking them but it just goes to the next one.

Anyone know if updating to 1.1.1.8 will solve these?

My system is a Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook running OSX Lion 10.7.5 with 4 gb of RAM. Soundcard is a Steinberg CI2.

Cheers

PS first post here and I'm loving Geist, it's getting me back into production! For some reason I didn't gel with Guru but Geist is nice and user friendly.

Also not sure if this is the best/correct place to post this please move if needed cheers.

Grind4Beatz

Re: 1bar count-in in GEIST?

Postby Grind4Beatz » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:42 pm

needlz1906 wrote:1bar count-in in GEIST?

I asked about a long time ago with no reply....... Nobody care about things until it effects them.

KhalilG

Geist 1.1.1.8 Crash (64-bit)

Postby KhalilG » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:55 am

I just had Geist crash on me after I did the following:

1. I created a beat in Engine 1 and saved it as a preset.
2. I attempted to save the kit and after I clicked save Geist crashed.

Windows 7 64bit, Geist 1.1.1.8 (64bit), Standalone mode. Additional information is below.

Edit: I see that the kit was saved. So the crash may have occurred immediately after I saved it or while I was attempting to close Geist. I'll post an update if it occurs again.

monk_volcano

FR:more velocity options and ability to automate env params

Postby monk_volcano » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:09 pm

Hey guys.. just a couple of request.

Mapping velocity to multiple parameters GREATLY enhances the organic qualities of a drum sound.. it seems like a serious omission in my mind.

Also, not being able to automate the amp envelopes is a real bummer. .. I have to hav that for my hats!

Thanks for your time.

monk_volcano

Postby monk_volcano » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:23 am

oops I didn't mean to post that in this thread... sorry guys!

mabian

Postby mabian » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:13 am

Hello,

just asking if 1.1.1.8 is out of beta now and officially released (asking because 1.1.1.8 is proposed as download without any beta notice)?

Thanks,
Mario

dimlemona

Postby dimlemona » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:06 pm

Hey just updated to 1.1.1.8

It sadly got the same problem in logic like in version 1.1.1.4

Here a quote off what Im talking about:
dawn_lenno wrote:
Drew_fx wrote:
Please download this build from your user-area and give it a go on your system; let me know if there are any squeaky wheels!

Hey,

I have a bug in Logic 9.1.8. Everytime I reload a project with geist in it, engine 6 fades zu 0. Preparing a new default doesnt solve the problem.

Edit: I found out something new: When I close such a project directly without saving it. And reopen it again, everythings okay... :shock: weird stuff...

Add: This bug only occurs when I got the mpd32 geist mapping set as default preset.

dimlemona

Postby dimlemona » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:22 pm

Just found another bug in logic: When I load Geist with multioutput and use the little + to create AUX Channel Strips for the subouts, something goes wrong with the midi mapping and I can only play Engine 1 with my mpd/keyboard, no matter which midi channel I use (1-8; also 9)

But I already got a workaround: When the first aux channel strip is made by hand, everythings working finde. And after I done one of it by hand I can use the + again without problems.

dimlemona

Postby dimlemona » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:20 am

In Reaper none of my posted bugs is showing up:) Bye bye Logic^^

1.1.1.8 works fine for me without logic;)

Return to “Geist”