Browser: up and down arrows work in standalone but not when used as ableton plugin. - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Browser: up and down arrows work in standalone but not when used as ableton plugin.

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

DjWillMcGlone

Browser: up and down arrows work in standalone but not when used as ableton plugin.

Postby DjWillMcGlone » Sat May 16, 2015 6:48 am

It is a minor issue I am having but is there a way to select samples (in browser) using the arrow keys when used as an ableton plugin? It works perfect as standalone app but when ever i run it in ableton live 9 it does not allow me to use the arrow keys and I have to click the down arrow and mouse click each sample.

Pete22

Postby Pete22 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:50 pm

Having the same issue did you ever fix this mate

DjWillMcGlone

Postby DjWillMcGlone » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:20 pm

Nope nobody ever responded. :( I still would like to know if this can be done.

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:32 am

In Sonar you press a keyboard icon at the top of the window of the VST which then passes input to the VST.
Maybe Ableton has similar functionality, or log this in ableton forums.

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Re: Browser: up and down arrows work in standalone but not when used as ableton plugin.

Postby Paul_fx » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:40 am

DjWillMcGlone wrote:It is a minor issue I am having but is there a way to select samples (in browser) using the arrow keys when used as an ableton plugin? It works perfect as standalone app but when ever i run it in ableton live 9 it does not allow me to use the arrow keys and I have to click the down arrow and mouse click each sample.

WE disable keyboard support in host applications - in many cases the key commands intefere with the host application operaiton

Tobypearce

Re: Browser: up and down arrows work in standalone but not when used as ableton plugin.

Postby Tobypearce » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:52 am

I understand why it's a good idea to disable keyboard when used as a host.

Still, the up and down arrow keys in particular would be useful, for the reason the OP mentioned.

Can just these be enabled please (perhaps in Geist 2)?

forumk

Postby forumk » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:13 am

Anyone using GEIST inside Studio One. Arrow keys are working fine.

Return to “Geist”