Geist 2? Will it ever happen.. - Page 9 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Geist 2? Will it ever happen..

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:14 am

As this is currently is Geist 2:

On your UI I think the order should be change from:

Pads, Pattern, Scenes, Song, Sampler
to:
Sampler. Pads, Pattern, Song,
(You could also reverse the order if you like)

And put "Scene" to the extreme right as it's really just utility. Maybe rename it "Triggers" as "Scene" confuses me. You could argue you could do the same with "sampler".

By default Pads will be selected of course.

The hierarchy would make far more logical would it not? Big fish on the left, little fish on the right (or vice versa if you reverse it).
Haven't seen the sub-menus, have something similar... hopefully you get my thought process..

Have a think about it please... It will help my brain figure out the relationships with these tabs better anyway.

Cheers...

vespesian

Postby vespesian » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:15 pm

CakeAlexS wrote:As this is currently is Geist 2:

to:

And put "Scene" to the extreme right as it's really just utility. Maybe rename it "Triggers" as "Scene" confuses me. You could argue you could do the same with "sampler".

The hierarchy would make far more logical would it not? Big fish on the left, little fish on the right (or vice versa if you reverse it).
Haven't seen the sub-menus, have something similar... hopefully you get my thought process..

Have a think about it please... It will help my brain figure out the relationships with these tabs better anyway.

Cheers...

Actually, I would prefer that "patterns" and "scenes" remain adjacent to each other, as they are so functionally linked (I use them constantly).

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:51 pm

CakeAlexS wrote:As this is currently is Geist 2:

to:

Cheers...

vespesian wrote:Actually, I would prefer that "patterns" and "scenes" remain adjacent to each other, as they are so functionally linked (I use them constantly).

Well it's all functionally linked. I'm thinking of hierarchy here, making things easy to understand as far as workflow and signal path is concerned. Right now it can be confusing esp for newbies (like me).

If you use patterns and scenes together most of the time, they don't need to be next to each other do they? It's still only one click away in any scenario.

Maybe the ultimate answer if allow us to define the order in preferences, I still think what I'm requesting has some logic to it n'est pas?

Cheers..

emef

Postby emef » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:20 pm

any chance you guys are putting portamento in geist 2?, that's something i often wish geist 1 had... as well as a wider browser

Rajahp

Postby Rajahp » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:09 pm

Paul_fx wrote:
masterjoe wrote:And please don't forget to add the following to Geist 2:

- improved sample loop mode which supports a release AFTER the loop

On my list, but there are other things i need to hit before that

- piano roll mode for patterns so that Geist-hosted multi-sample instruments become possible!!

Wont happen im afraid. But this one has been discussed to death previously, so lets leave it at that...

Please reconsider the Paino-roll... It is all that is missing in the original Geist to give any music production a run for their money... basslines, melodies, etc... And it is a breeze to set up a 'set'...

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby Paul_fx » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:09 am

emef wrote:any chance you guys are putting portamento in geist 2?, that's something i often wish geist 1 had... as well as a wider browser

Portamento where? Between layers? Between pads?

Please reconsider the Paino-roll

not happening in Geist 2 I'm afraid.

You need to wait and see the changes that have been made in house. No point in debating things that have long since changed...
:lol:

emef

Postby emef » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:54 am

Paul_fx wrote:
emef wrote:any chance you guys are putting portamento in geist 2?, that's something i often wish geist 1 had... as well as a wider browser

Portamento where? Between layers? Between pads?

yeah between pads, i often set up non drum sounds on an engine and it would be nice to have portamento as i use that feature a lot with other synths and samplers, i love a bit of glide on a sound

could portamento be part of the choke mode on an engine?

masterjoe

Postby masterjoe » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:50 pm

Will there be some elite team again that does intense testing (maybe even now with the alpha version, why not) so that they get Geist 2 for free or even more?

( My platinum trophy from BFD2 already has a lot of dust on it :lol: )

Hope so... would really like to help and get it for free - low on budget right now *sigh*
HW:
Core i7-3930K 3.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, RME AIO, GeForce GTX 970, Axiom 61, Oxygen 49, Korg padKontrol
SW:
Win10 Pro x64, Studio One Pro, Bitwig Studio, BFD 3.x, Geist 1.x + Geist 2.x, zillions of other VST plugins

abstractcats

Postby abstractcats » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:39 pm

Gui, looks great! :mrgreen:

konfront

Postby konfront » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:59 am

for the most part, i've acclimatised quite well to Geist1 and all it's quirks. i do like the suggestion of changing the cursor behavior on pattern mode though. can't wait for transmod integration and new fx to be included.

i usually drag patterns i've made on geist to the arrangement window of ableton or the timeline of logic or pt because i find syncing the patterns with the other elements of the session easier. my problem is when i have patterns on multiple engines and i have set outputs on Live for the diff tracks (kik, snare, loop, etc.) when i drag a pattern from another engine there is no output. it seems that only engine 2 goes out to Live.

hope somebody has had experience with what im talking about.

Tobypearce

Re: Geist 2? Will it ever happen..

Postby Tobypearce » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:41 am

Hi there,

It's great to see that Geist 2 soon come.

A couple of things that would be superb:

1) Using keyboard arrows to audition sounds in browser. As far as I can tell in Geist 1, there's no keyboard shortcut for the browser's selection arrows. When auditioning multiple hits (e.g. scrolling through different claps), there really should be a way to do this with the keyboard.

If I've missed how to do this in Geist 1, I'd love somebody to show me the way.

2) Import drum kits. I know Geist isn't massive, so sample libraries tend not to come with Geist template kits. It's such a shame. I just love Wave Alchemy samples, and they often have kits for next, Maschine, ESX24, Ableton, Halion. (Actually I bet more people use Geist than some of these.) Is there any way you can get Geist to open any of these other formats?

SFZ is open format, so even if it could open these it would be a big help.

FluxMachina

Postby FluxMachina » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:49 am

Hey FX

Could I please be considered for any beta program for Geist2.
Thanks. :)

Forsland

Postby Forsland » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:46 am

Hi all!

I really love Geist, it's been my go-to sampler for a while, but I still have to go back to Ableton's sampler for the ability to loop a sample back and forth. I would love to see this type of loop mode implemented in future updates of Geist and/or Geist 2.

Sorry if this already has been requested, this is my first post :mrgreen:

FluxMachina

Postby FluxMachina » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:36 pm

2nd that! It would be great for instrument samples/pads. Please don't underestimate the potential for this to be an idea generator:
https://youtu.be/5Bu7BVgx9QQ

Design wise I would be happy if it looked exactly like Tremor but I know you guys have something nice up your sleeves so will wait and see what happens.

dimlemona

Postby dimlemona » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:36 pm

I would like a possibilty to mix 1/16 with 1/16T in one pattern easy. I know it can be done per shift but thats very uncomfortable...

Return to “Geist”