Integrating triplets within straight patterns - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Integrating triplets within straight patterns

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_fx, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

iiuuii

Integrating triplets within straight patterns

Postby iiuuii » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:27 am

Existing threads
viewtopic.php?t=7577216
>"You can't combine triplets and straight notes in one pattern?! On a drum machine?!"
viewtopic.php?t=7580966
>"sometimes I use engine 2 as a triplet grid. and do all my triplet hi hats or snares kicks, etc on that engine. If thats too complicated and at times it can be then just use your DAW."
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=7574893&p=73885&hilit=triplets#p73885
viewtopic.php?t=7576278
>Drew_fx » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:15 am
"I think its a good request, but don't see it getting into Geist v1.0 due to how the graphic rendering works. I'll put it into our tracker as a feature request"
viewtopic.php?t=7578408
viewtopic.php?t=7575180

Hey fxpansion

Triplets need to be integrated within a straight pattern. It's just bad implementation, the workarounds are unworkable, forums users are suggesting using the daw instead, which is one step away from leaving geist sequencer altogether.

Another workaround for programming 1/8T alongside 1/16 is to slow the note length down to 1/4 and use the 'repeat' function to switch between 1/8, /16, 1/8T, 1/16T divisions. But each division has to run for an entire quarter note duration, which means fast short duration division edits aren't possible

Triplet within straight patterns are part of mainstream rhythm programming nowadays. Its not niche, you hear chart tracks doing it all the time . The FR has been around since 2010. This just needs to be do-able.

thanks

Return to “Geist”