Tremor Bug Reports - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Tremor Bug Reports

Support forum for Tremor

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

scuzzphut

Postby scuzzphut » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:33 pm

Tremor has a bug which misses the first beat of a pattern when the host is set to loop a single bar.

Tested in FL Studio 10 (Works!) , EnergyXT 2.6 (Bug)and Cubase 4 L (Bug).

To Reproduce
Press play - allow to loop.
Last edited by scuzzphut on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

musikmachine

Postby musikmachine » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:08 am

Tremor demo has crashed Cantabile and Maschine. I've got the crash logs but don't know where to send them if someone can tell me.

Science

Antone else having offline rendering problems in Cubase 5?

Postby Science » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:16 pm

It only seems to be when I render loops with a swing setting all channels start late?... looking forward to the patch :D

gwok

VST Timing Issues

Postby gwok » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:27 am

On osx, tested on 2 computers, 1 SnowLeopard, other Lion, in Ableton and Reaper - newest versions of both.

Timing on all systems is not accurate, and sounds out of time with other instruments that are dead on the beat. Timing is offset by 3-10 ms.

g

jstorerjet

Postby jstorerjet » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:43 am

using latest version of Logic Studio 9.1.3?? not sure but its the newest update at any rate.
when i line up a midi note to cue a pattern on say bar 4.1.1 tremor is not playing the first note that should come there. I have to line up the pattern change at like 3.1.90 to ensure the first note is hit. i am guessing this is not intended behavior.

jstorerjet

Postby jstorerjet » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:30 pm

hoping for the patch soon :) this bug makes working with an otherwise good piece of software extremely obnoxious!!

kpsiegel

Postby kpsiegel » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:49 am

If you try to rename a pattern the name does not stick.

DAW is Sonar X1c Expanded 64 bit running in Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. Not sure it matters. VST version of Tremor.

Create a pattern in pattern 1. Name that pattern "Intro." Go on to pattern two and edit it. Name that pattern "Verse 1" for example. Cannot get the pattern names to reliably stay the same if a pattern is edited and then I switch back to a previous pattern.

kpsiegel

Postby kpsiegel » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:55 am

Tremor not responding properly in Matrix view of Sonar X1c.

Create several patterns. In the midi track associated with tremor use the piano roll view to enter notes that allow patterns to be selected among the 24 patterns. In my case I had 3 patterns created and the notes were C-1, C#-1, D-1 to walk up and down the pattern selections. Pattern restart and latch modes were off for each of the created patterns.

When playing back the track created in the piano roll view Tremor worked as expected. It took the midi notes as a proper trigger to start the pattern playback and all worked fine.

Take the midi clips created and paste them into the cells in matrix mode. Start a cell in matrix mode by clicking on it and then latching it. You can see the cell is playing and you can see that Tremor is receiving midi because the midi receive icon is getting lit up when the note is received. There is no audio output though. Tremor is just not playing at all. It should play without any issues. The exact same cells were then routed to two different soft synths and they played the notes without any issues at all.

kpsiegel

Postby kpsiegel » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:56 am

Mixer settings should be sticky across kits

When I go to audition a bunch of different kits I don't want my mixer volume levels changing. It is jarring! Mixer levels should be independent of the kits.

kpsiegel

Postby kpsiegel » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:57 am

Output routings need to be sticky.

When flipping between kits I don't want to have to remap the outputs for the engines. I really want to use a default mapping which in my case sends each engine to a separate track. Having to do this remapping each time I change a kit is not good. Please fix this!

kpsiegel

Postby kpsiegel » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:59 am

This is a UI improvement request...

It is far too easy when entering patterns to enter values in the cells on either side of where you are editing. This is especially true if you are doing a velocity edit drag. Is there any way that you can make a focus on a given cell so that you don't create new entries by doing simple edits of velocity/repeat count/probabilty? It would really help.

phraggle

Postby phraggle » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:32 pm

kpsiegel wrote:Output routings need to be sticky.

When flipping between kits I don't want to have to remap the outputs for the engines. I really want to use a default mapping which in my case sends each engine to a separate track. Having to do this remapping each time I change a kit is not good. Please fix this!

+1 for this. It's the same issue as in Geist. Gets old fast.

hogberto

Postby hogberto » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:04 pm

Frequently when I have opened Tremor as an AU within Logic (9.1.4, running on a Macbook Pro 10.6.7) and I select a preset, when I press play in Logic I just get a loud pop or crack and no sound.

I then can't get any sound out of Logic and have to either get rid of the instance of Tremor or quit and re-start Logic.

dschreiberjr

Postby dschreiberjr » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:44 pm

kpsiegel wrote:This is a UI improvement request...

It is far too easy when entering patterns to enter values in the cells on either side of where you are editing. This is especially true if you are doing a velocity edit drag. Is there any way that you can make a focus on a given cell so that you don't create new entries by doing simple edits of velocity/repeat count/probabilty? It would really help.

+1 for this. When I edit with a velocity drag, I find that my cursor often accidentally falls over to the next cell and I start inadvertently editing that cell. This is particularly true when the adjacent cell is empty. Falling into it will create a new event. I see the logic here, but it has been more annoying than helpful.

Maybe making the threshold zone a bit smaller would help alleviate the issue. I like being able to click and drag all the way across to make edits/create events. Right now, as soon as you fall into the next cell your edits start affecting that. Maybe the cursor should have to fall more towards the center of the cell rather than anywhere in it....? This would give the user a little more room for error.

dschreiberjr

Postby dschreiberjr » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:48 pm

hogberto wrote:Frequently when I have opened Tremor as an AU within Logic (9.1.4, running on a Macbook Pro 10.6.7) and I select a preset, when I press play in Logic I just get a loud pop or crack and no sound.

I then can't get any sound out of Logic and have to either get rid of the instance of Tremor or quit and re-start Logic.

I have a similar issue in Cubase 6.0.5 on 10.6.8. A pop or crack isn't always observed, but no sound occurs frequently. It usually happens after opening a fresh instance of Tremor in a session. It will also occur in sessions where an instance of Tremor is saved in the project. Instead of just silence, sometimes a partial event will come through the output. Deleting or editing events doesn't solve the issue. Sometimes closing the instance and opening a new one will solve the issue. Sometimes it doesn't, and when this happens, restarting the DAW is required.

Return to “Tremor”