Tremor Bug Reports - Page 4 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Tremor Bug Reports

Support forum for Tremor

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Bathrobe

Postby Bathrobe » Thu May 03, 2012 10:13 am

I have 8 tracks in studio one 2.05 sending midi notes to the 8 tremor engines.

The patterns in Tremor are empty.

When i want to bounce these tracks the resulting clips are empty.

Nig

Postby Nig » Sun May 13, 2012 11:40 pm

Nig wrote:
hogberto wrote:Frequently when I have opened Tremor as an AU within Logic (9.1.4, running on a Macbook Pro 10.6.7) and I select a preset, when I press play in Logic I just get a loud pop or crack and no sound.

I then can't get any sound out of Logic and have to either get rid of the instance of Tremor or quit and re-start Logic.

I am having this problem a lot too. When I load Tremor it will play sounds ok but as soon as I select a preset all sound out of Logic stops and my Soundcard meters are stuck at maximum. I get a click every few seconds then. Quite annoying.

Using Logic 9.1.6 on OSX 10.6.8

Was there ever a solution to this? I'm still having this problem, I have tried multiple buffer and sample rate settings and it still happens.

Kickflip

Postby Kickflip » Tue May 15, 2012 7:53 pm

Nig wrote:
Nig wrote:
hogberto wrote:Frequently when I have opened Tremor as an AU within Logic (9.1.4, running on a Macbook Pro 10.6.7) and I select a preset, when I press play in Logic I just get a loud pop or crack and no sound.

I then can't get any sound out of Logic and have to either get rid of the instance of Tremor or quit and re-start Logic.

I am having this problem a lot too. When I load Tremor it will play sounds ok but as soon as I select a preset all sound out of Logic stops and my Soundcard meters are stuck at maximum. I get a click every few seconds then. Quite annoying.

Was there ever a solution to this? I'm still having this problem, I have tried multiple buffer and sample rate settings and it still happens.

Are there any other plugins in the project? I used to get the pop followed by silence bug *loads*, but it was long before Tremor was around. I can't remember full details but I think it happened when there were a lot of plugins loaded, over time it seemed like it might've been something to do with memory.
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music
http://www.soundcloud.com/kickflip

Circuit Bent Madness
http://www.bogus-noise.co.uk

kingski

Postby kingski » Thu May 17, 2012 12:14 am

Using Tremor in ReaperX64/win7-64. Swing only works when playback is started on a bar. Starting playback anywhere within the bar causes a straight feel, no matter what the swing setting.

I assume this is a bug, unless I'm missing something.
thanks....EK

Nig

Postby Nig » Fri May 25, 2012 11:10 am

Kickflip wrote:Are there any other plugins in the project? I used to get the pop followed by silence bug *loads*, but it was long before Tremor was around. I can't remember full details but I think it happened when there were a lot of plugins loaded, over time it seemed like it might've been something to do with memory.

Hi, sorry for my late response. No I have tried this on empty projects and it still happens. Don't have the problem with any other plugins

Puppeteer

Postby Puppeteer » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:21 am

The FAT filters on the synth channels seem to be a bit confused.

For example, the NCH2 and NCH4 filters have the same plots as the BP2 and BP4 filters, even though they sound different. They sound like Peaking filters, not notch filters, and the Peaking filters sound like the bandpass equivalent. Am wondering if the modes got messed up here somewhere, because these filters sound different to what I expect.

Eg - This doesn't look like a 4 pole notch.

The Puppeteer
Godlike Productions

adamjmurray

S+H always retriggers

Postby adamjmurray » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:00 am

According to the manual:
The S+H function is driven internally by a series of pulses called a clock, the speed of which is dictated by the Rate control. When a clock pulse occurs, the dedicated internal noise signal is 'sampled' - its current value is 'snapshotted' - and held constant at the sampled value until the next clock pulse, when the process repeats.

Seems there is a bug with the S+H modulation source. If I make the rate slow (say 8+ bars), it doesn't actually sample at that rate because it seems to sample a new value every time the synth engine is triggered.

As far as I can tell, S+H with a slow rate behaves the same as the RND modulation source. So I don't see the point of allowing the rate to be that slow. I don't think any envelope is long enough that you can get any use out of slow rates for S+H.

What I expect to happen is it samples only when the S+H rate dictates it should sample, as stated in the manual. So I could have a few notes at one S+H value, and a few more notes at the next S+H value. This could be useful in some situations. Otherwise, I'd use RND or a fast S+H rate.

It would be cool if this got fixed/improved in a future version of Tremor.

Puppeteer

Postby Puppeteer » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:36 am

I put a feature request in to have the LFO's be global per engine (or per loop) rather than per note as they currently are. I agree the LFO's are of very limited use as they are at the moment.
The Puppeteer

Godlike Productions

pendejo

Postby pendejo » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:16 pm

Nig wrote:
Nig wrote:

I have the exact same problem. Come on FXP, fix your code...!

Spinflux

Removing a modulation in the Master FX section doesn't work.

Postby Spinflux » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi, I have a global LFO 1 on some parameter in one of the fx slots in the master section. When I want to remove this modulation by rightclicking on the parameter, clicking Removing Global LFO1 from fx parameter does not remove the modulation. Also, choosing Remove all modulation from fx parameter does not remove the modulation!

64 bit Tremor stand-alone.

Please reply, because this seems a bug.

Regards,
Robin

Spinflux

Mod ring lags when using delay effect

Postby Spinflux » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:28 am

Hi, take an engine and use Delay as one of its three FX. Now press Play and use the dials in the FX section, the little black triangle (from the modulation ring) lags or freezes. Press stop, all is OK again (resetted?), but this is not intended I hope. Also, when using Delay and playing, this phenomenon 'grows' and affects other dials in the whole engine too. This is no fun. Using Delay becomes a showstopper. Try it for yourself. (And see the animated GIF below)

Please Fxpansion, elaborate on this.

Robin

peterdines

Postby peterdines » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:21 pm

Here's a weird one. If I'm adjusting a knob with the mouse when I hit a note on my MIDI controller to hear what it sounds like, the knob freezes - I have to release the mouse button and click again to move the control.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm on an iMac with a magic mouse, using the Maschine mark I controller.

jalcide

Postby jalcide » Mon May 06, 2013 2:17 am

a simple timing offset, in milliseconds, both positive and negative, for each of the 8 channels.

ASch

Re:

Postby ASch » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:19 pm

kpsiegel wrote:If you try to rename a pattern the name does not stick.

It's a pain, but if you really want to, the preset config file is in XML format, you can find it in the Preset folder with the name "xxx.tremor" where "xxx" is your preset name. Open it in a good program editor like Notepad++ and edit the pattern names directly in the config file, being very careful not to mess with the format.

You will find blocks

<StepPattern name="StepPattern1" ...>
<FixedString name="PatternName" string="Pattern1" />
</StepPattern>

You can safely edit the string value "Pattern1" to say what every you want that pattern to be called. Save the config file and then reopen the preset in Tremor and you have the updated names. Not ideal, but until they release a fix I think it's your only option.

I don't mean to state the obvious, but please don't open the preset config files in an editor like Word!

forumk

Pattern names / renaming doesn't work

Postby forumk » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:46 pm

I am using Windows 10 - Studio One V3. Tremor 1.0.3.0 64bit.
When i try to rename a pattern it want stay as mentioned above years ago (2012 ?) I made a gif to show what i mean.

Tremor 01.gif
Tremor 01.gif (732.26 KiB) Viewed 6933 times

Return to “Tremor”