FR's here please!! - Page 3 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

FR's here please!!

Support forum for Tremor

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

MatoMat
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:22 pm

Postby MatoMat » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:50 am

After extensive use of tremor, i found this idea would even inrease its sonic capabilities :

----> more sync option of the lfo please. For instance the one implemented in diva is perfect in that regard...
no way actually to sync global lfo...for instance....or no way the "de"trigg the usual lfo for second instance.
Edit...i meant trigger...

:roll:

User avatar
Puppeteer
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:06 pm
Location: Perth, West Oz
Contact:

Postby Puppeteer » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:08 am

Here's my feature request.

Additional Mute and Solo Buttons (or an option or right click) that makes them persistent across patterns. The mutes that are saved with patterns are OK, but having a set of mutes/solos that survive the pattern change would be more useful, particularly for live work or interactive bounces.
The Puppeteer
Godlike Productions

Image

Kickflip
Posts: 797
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:24 pm

Postby Kickflip » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Puppeteer wrote:Here's my feature request.

Additional Mute and Solo Buttons (or an option or right click) that makes them persistent across patterns. The mutes that are saved with patterns are OK, but having a set of mutes/solos that survive the pattern change would be more useful, particularly for live work or interactive bounces.

They're already there, just click the 'Kits' button and there's a mute/solo button on the strip for each inst.
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music
http://www.soundcloud.com/kickflip

Circuit Bent Madness
http://www.bogus-noise.co.uk

User avatar
Puppeteer
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:06 pm
Location: Perth, West Oz
Contact:

Postby Puppeteer » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:04 am

Awesome, thanks. I spend 99% of my time on the synth pages, and didn't realize the mute was different.

Thanks
The Puppeteer

Godlike Productions



Image

Gonga
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:00 am

Postby Gonga » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:44 pm

After working with Tremor for a while I discovered that as far as I can tell, control of oscillator pitch isn't possible with the keyboard and pitch wheel. This is a big disappointment for me. I really like to play individual voices with the keyboard, pedal, and pitch and mod wheels. I realize that Tremor would have the full capabilities of an 8-voice synth if set up this way, but so what? This limits the usability of Tremor for my purposes in a very, very basic way. I can't use any of the sounds I've spent many hours creating in this way - as single expressive voices - the way most other synths can. I will keep using it for now because I like everything else about it, but I fear over time I may find little use for it because it can't work in this important way.

User avatar
Puppeteer
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:06 pm
Location: Perth, West Oz
Contact:

Postby Puppeteer » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:56 am

Not sure if this is possible, but can one (or both) of the LFO's have an option to make them free running for the engine (ie global only to that engine rather than retrigger on note on). Currently I have to use one of the 2 global LFO's or graphs to do panning, for example, and it would be better to use an engine LFO for that.

Ideally have 3 option for each LFO - retrigger on note on, retrigger on pattern loop, free running.

I find I rarely use the LFO for modulation as they are now.
The Puppeteer

Godlike Productions



Image

User avatar
Rory_FX
Posts: 2495
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:56 pm
Location: FXP:MCR

Postby Rory_FX » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:02 am

Gonga wrote:After working with Tremor for a while I discovered that as far as I can tell, control of oscillator pitch isn't possible with the keyboard and pitch wheel. This is a big disappointment for me. I really like to play individual voices with the keyboard, pedal, and pitch and mod wheels. I realize that Tremor would have the full capabilities of an 8-voice synth if set up this way, but so what? This limits the usability of Tremor for my purposes in a very, very basic way. I can't use any of the sounds I've spent many hours creating in this way - as single expressive voices - the way most other synths can. I will keep using it for now because I like everything else about it, but I fear over time I may find little use for it because it can't work in this important way.


Tremor isn't a synthesizer in the traditional sense, and you shouldn't look at it as one. We did briefly discuss allowing chromatic playback of Engines, but it opens up a catering size cans of worms - how to deal with polyphony, legato, portamento, MIDI channels, the sequencer, etc etc. Best to keep products focussed rather than trying to be everything to everyone otherwise they become unwieldy and difficult to use.

Of course, we'd love to see a synth with a cloud oscillator too, but that's another product (maybe). Tremor is a drum synthesizer.
Last edited by Rory_FX on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rory_FX
Posts: 2495
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:56 pm
Location: FXP:MCR

Postby Rory_FX » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:05 am

Puppeteer wrote:Not sure if this is possible, but can one (or both) of the LFO's have an option to make them free running for the engine (ie global only to that engine rather than retrigger on note on). Currently I have to use one of the 2 global LFO's or graphs to do panning, for example, and it would be better to use an engine LFO for that.

Ideally have 3 option for each LFO - retrigger on note on, retrigger on pattern loop, free running.

I find I rarely use the LFO for modulation as they are now.


The whole point of the Global LFOs is that they are free-running so you're using them exactly as designed. Is the problem that there aren't enough?

User avatar
Puppeteer
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:06 pm
Location: Perth, West Oz
Contact:

Postby Puppeteer » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:08 pm

Partly. If there were more global LFO's, that would be one solution. At least 1 per engine, though I could easily use 4 or 5 per engine. The other part is that the current engine LFO's have limited use. As they are they are really only useful at very high rates. By their nature, drum sounds are short, so LFO's don't get a chance to oscillate unless the rate is set high. As they are, at low rates they act more like crude envelopes.

For some sounds, like snares, claps and stutter effects, the fast lfo rates are fine, but it's more useful often to create movement by slowly modulating pan, amplitude, filtr or pitch. This is where the slower LFO i useful.
Having an option to trigger the LFO on phrase start would be more useful in most instances, I feel.

Maybe that makes it clearer.
The Puppeteer

Godlike Productions



Image

User avatar
Rory_FX
Posts: 2495
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:56 pm
Location: FXP:MCR

Postby Rory_FX » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:43 pm

I see your point. I like the idea of retriggering LFOs on pattern start.

Don't forget that the graphs can be put to good use for longer modulation, they even have LFO style shape presets.

User avatar
Puppeteer
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:06 pm
Location: Perth, West Oz
Contact:

Postby Puppeteer » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:23 am

Yeah, graphs are cool. I could do with a few more of them too. Say 4 per engine :P.

Seriously, I've normally used all 4 graphs and both global LFO's by the time I'm half way through the second engine.
The Puppeteer

Godlike Productions



Image

User avatar
Rory_FX
Posts: 2495
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:56 pm
Location: FXP:MCR

Postby Rory_FX » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:50 pm

Wow. I would be very interested to hear such modulatory chaos :D

User avatar
Puppeteer
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:06 pm
Location: Perth, West Oz
Contact:

Postby Puppeteer » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:26 am

Here's the beginning of one song. Have only done half the base pattern programming and none of the variations yet, but you get the picture.

http://godlike.com.au/fileadmin/downloads/fxpansion/presets/tremor/Underverted.zip

Most of the modulation has been used up in the closed hihat and the clap.

Enjoy
The Puppeteer

Godlike Productions



Image

User avatar
Rory_FX
Posts: 2495
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:56 pm
Location: FXP:MCR

Postby Rory_FX » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:28 am

Cool, thanks for sharing. I thought there were a couple of places where the global modulations were making so little difference to the sound that you could have saved using up a graph/lfo, but maybe you ears are more sensitive to subtle changes than mine.

Anyway, point taken. More global modulation. It's unlikely to happen in a Tremor 1 update, but definitely something we'll bear in mind for Tremor 2, if and when it comes.

dbone
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:07 am

Feature request: Swap drum engines

Postby dbone » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Sorry if it's been mentioned previously... consider it a bump:

It would be great to have the option to "Swap" drum engines along with Cut/Copy/Paste/Reset.


Return to “Tremor”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests