FR's here please!! - Page 4 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

FR's here please!!

Support forum for Tremor

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

peterdines

Postby peterdines » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:46 pm

I've been dissecting the wonderful patches Simon Stockhausen created for Tremor, many of which include tuned and pitched elements. I'm more convinced than ever that Tremor needs at the very least a snap-to-grid mode for the graphs to control pitch. It would make it so much easier to unleash the full capabilities of the instrument.

I'm thinking what might work well is a key combination drag mode in the graph, so that when command-alt (or whatever) is held down, the values are quantized to an invisible grid as you mouse them in. Plus a similar key combination mode in the modulation view for setting mod depth of the graph on the pitch control, so the mod depth has detents at what would be one or two octaves up or down.

It would also be great if each synth engine could have a different fundamental pitch in each pattern.

Nakszynski

Postby Nakszynski » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:37 pm

Per note delay as an additional drag edit would be nice

cyaoeu

Postby cyaoeu » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:59 pm

I really like the sequencer, so having a sequencer mode with more lanes would be cool and would allow you to program external (VST) drums in Tremor. Having a mode that makes the kit mixer section smaller, automatically sets the kit volumes to 0 (or add midi passthrough when muted) and adding 8 lanes that output or so would make programming real drums easier. Also being able to change the midi mapping for the notes in Tremor would be useful. One can always dream, right? 8)

taifun

Postby taifun » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:59 pm

*I would really like to have a much clearer indication of velocity in the sequencer, ideally an optional percentage (that you can turn on/off as desired) shown in the blocks in the sequencer.

*When switching drum sounds I sometimes fly out of my chair because the mixer's fader position for that particular engine jumps, it would would be real nice to be able to lock the position of the fader as you go through different patches.

*A swing on/off option for each sequencer track would be nice.

*Make the graph parameters such as slew midi cc assignable.

*The ability to copy and paste parts of the graphs, i.e. being able to select a range and copy that.

*I think something needs to be done for the amp attack stage. Not every sound needs an immediate attack, but when you bring up the attack time a little you already hear the volume rising up too audibly in my opinion. So it would need to have more fine settings in the very short attack times, or an (optional, scaled according to attack time?) adaptation of the curve somehow for these short attack times.

*I would really need to insist on this last thing: it would be very interesting to be able to tune the filter seemlessly to a certain frequency. I like to make kicks by using the resonance of the filter only, it sounds brilliant. But it is too bad that I can't tune it to the exact frequency I need. Especially in the low frequencies, for example 0.3 Hz can make quite a difference you know. It is so frustrating not being able to get it right, because it sounds SO good :)

If anything, please implement the perfect filter tuning and the mixer fader lock, the rest would be great too of course.

taifun

Postby taifun » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:06 pm

Nakszynski wrote:Per note delay as an additional drag edit would be nice
µ

I'd say you can perfectly simulate that by assigning a graph's values to the delay mix parameter. Of course it means you need to sacrifice a graph specifically for this :)

peterdines

Postby peterdines » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:19 pm

I'd like to see an option for the graphs that makes them only modulate a parameter if a beat falls on the same step as a graph value. Otherwise for sounds with long tails I have to be careful that the following steps have the same pitch when doing pitch modulation, or I get different notes after the attack. Ya know what I mean? Whether or not a beat falls on a graph step should latch its value. Would be handy for lots of other parameters, not just pitch. This would also make it nicer to have graph sequence lengths different than drum sequence lengths for more polyrhythmic variation.

(I still really want those free running per-voice LFOs too!)

peterdines

Postby peterdines » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:29 pm

While I'm on a roll, Tremor could also use a better patch and preset browser... having to drill down through those menus is a pain. The backwards and forwards arrows don't quite cut it.

Recuest

A couple of new requests

Postby Recuest » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:18 pm

I really like the fact that you can see the notes when setting the pitch for an oscillator. However, although you can create sine waves with the sub osc, I think it would be really neat to be able to select a sinewave as a main oscillator (so you can see the correct pitch and modulate it accordingly).

Also, when browsing through the presets and your saved sounds it would be awesome if you could preview them instead of loading them one at a time.

Important one for me: It would be awesome if you could select different types of noise for the noise osc... (like massive but NOT sampled!) so we could easily make more realistic cymbal sounds etc...

Finally it would also be nice to have an option to have a self updating window that displays the wave shape (zoomable with ms) so you can see the final sample (this should be available for individual pecussions obviously)

Kickflip

Re: A couple of new requests

Postby Kickflip » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:46 pm

As I'm getting back into sound design, I'm finding more and more that I want a preset picker on the synth page. On the Kit page it's great for building up a kit at once, but while designing a range of sounds, I want to quickly go between different sounds and different versions, and having to go to the kit page each time slows me down a bit.

Actually, if the kit page became it's own horizontal strip, and then you could individually show/hide the Pattern Editor, the Synth Editor, and the Kit Editor, that would be awesome :D

Recuest wrote:It would be awesome if you could select different types of noise for the noise osc... (like massive but NOT sampled!) so we could easily make more realistic cymbal sounds etc...

I had wondered about this too... the noise source can really change the character of a sound!
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music
http://www.soundcloud.com/kickflip

Circuit Bent Madness
http://www.bogus-noise.co.uk

CTRLS

Re: A couple of new requests

Postby CTRLS » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:40 pm

Recuest wrote:I really like the fact that you can see the notes when setting the pitch for an oscillator. However, although you can create sine waves with the sub osc, I think it would be really neat to be able to select a sinewave as a main oscillator (so you can see the correct pitch and modulate it accordingly).

+1 or let the sub oscillator have more flexible tuning. you could, for example, have a single dial or so instead of the octave selection switches.

Recuest wrote:Important one for me: It would be awesome if you could select different types of noise for the noise osc... (like massive but NOT sampled!) so we could easily make more realistic cymbal sounds etc...

yes this would be great, but +1 for a noise sample (like in ableton's operator). sometimes it's nice to have that option if you dont want the highend of your attack wandering all over the place.

i know this is fairly lazy but it would be great to have a way to be able to trigger several voices from the same midi note. i'm getting some really cool (and quick!) results by separating the attack and decay of kicks. same with hihats and detailed percussion hits. did i miss something obvious or is this not possible yet?

taifun

Postby taifun » Wed May 01, 2013 3:25 pm

Hey, it slipped my attention that the sub osc generates a sine wave, I'll definitely be getting some use out of that tip :) +1 for making a sine osc available in the regular osc section though!

What I would like to see added in the oscillator section is a sample and hold oscillator (if possible modelled after the s&h osc that you have in Attack, you know the plugin I mean). I've found that this works miracles for creating certain sounds/elements of sounds that are otherwise very laborious to make.

trw32

Save As dialog should remember last save directory

Postby trw32 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:32 pm

It'd be great if the Save As dialog for Drums, Kits and Presets each remembered the last save directory. I don't use "My Documents\FXpansion\Tremor\Presets\..." for my sounds, but every time I save something the dialog resets to that directory, so I have to re-navigate to my preset directory.

That or there could be an option to specify where you keep your preset library.

CTRLS

Postby CTRLS » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:45 pm

I have some suggestions for the envelopes that would make them more flexible:

-It'd be great if you could switch the hold section to come after the decay, as well as before like it is now.
-I also feel like the attack range is waaaayyy too wide. It's much more important to be able to fine tune the softness of the attack then it is to make super long fades on a drum machine i'd say.
-It would also be great to have a delay stage before the attack like the tempest . a track delay control like they've got in ableton would perhaps be even more handy, as suggested earlier.

taifun

Postby taifun » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:41 pm

I think the comments of trw32 and CTRLS make perfect sense. I have also commented before on the resolution of the attack on the volume envelope not being accurate enough. I would like to see as many small increments as possible in the first few milliseconds of the attack slider. This makes a tremendous difference in shaping the attack stage. As the attack parameter is now, as soon as you set it slightly higher than the lowest value, the volume seems to audibly 'ramp up', which is pretty useless. Perhaps it also has to do with the curve shape of the attack? Anyway, dear FXpanders, fix this please :)

Anatolyj_B

Postby Anatolyj_B » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:51 am

- MIDI Assignable for general WET/DRY MIX slider (in Synth FX and Master FX sections).
Honestly, was surprised that it is not assignable, quite an important thing.

(v1.0.1 build 1)

Return to “Tremor”