Why do the BD´s in Tremor sound so distant? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Why do the BD´s in Tremor sound so distant?

Support forum for Tremor

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

putte

Why do the BD´s in Tremor sound so distant?

Postby putte » Mon May 20, 2013 8:37 am

Hi there. :)

I really dig Tremor for just everything it offers, but one thing makes me wonder.
The bassdrums sound very distant to me, and I can´t seem to find a way to make them more upfront, more direct.
I´m not talking about "in your face", as I prefer soft and warmish BD´s.

Is it just my perception or ist it just me not being able to handle this properly? :)

Cheers,
putte

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Thu May 23, 2013 11:35 am

Hi Putte,

It's difficult to know exactly what you mean by distant. Check there's no reverb or delay on the kick drum channel perhaps?

Stromkraft

Re: Why do the BD´s in Tremor sound so distant?

Postby Stromkraft » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:06 am

putte wrote:Hi there. :)

I really dig Tremor for just everything it offers, but one thing makes me wonder.
The bassdrums sound very distant to me, and I can´t seem to find a way to make them more upfront, more direct.
I´m not talking about "in your face", as I prefer soft and warmish BD´s.

Is it just my perception or ist it just me not being able to handle this properly? :)

Cheers,
putte

Probably the latter. ;-)

You don't describe if it is in the mix it sounds distant or if you experience this when you are only listening to the bass drum? If the latter work on the attack of the amp and/or filter envelope.

Return to “Tremor”