Playing Tremor sounds on MIDI keyboard interrupts parameter change? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Playing Tremor sounds on MIDI keyboard interrupts parameter change?

Support forum for Tremor

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

UltimateOutsider

Playing Tremor sounds on MIDI keyboard interrupts parameter change?

Postby UltimateOutsider » Wed May 22, 2013 4:53 pm

Just bought Tremor last night and am pretty excited about it. I keep having this problem when programming sounds, though, which is rather frustrating, and doesn't make sense.

I was running Tremor as a plugin from Cubase 6.5 64-bit. While programming sounds in Tremor's Synth view, if I auditioned the sounds on my MIDI keyboard, it interrupted my ability to drag a parameter while tweaking it.

For example, say I was adjusting the filter cutoff, and was triggering the synth from my MIDI keyboard while dragging the Cutoff control in Tremor to listen for the right sound. Each time I triggered the sound, Tremor would stop letting me drag the Cutoff parameter. I'd have to click the Cutoff knob again and start dragging it to change the value again.

This was a 100%-of-the-time thing, and I don't think I've ever experienced this sort of thing with a synth plugin. Is there a reason Tremor doesn't want me to keep tweaking a parameter while I'm playing notes? And is there a way to make Tremor stop?

Tom_FX

Tremor Parameters

Postby Tom_FX » Thu May 23, 2013 11:21 am

Hi,

It may be worth checking that the parameter that you are dragging is not being affected by any of the mod slots which could be triggered by your keyboard (such as the velocity mod slot).

Does this happen with all of your controls?

Tom

UltimateOutsider

Postby UltimateOutsider » Thu May 23, 2013 2:51 pm

Hello, it appears to have been the "Selection Follows MIDI" option that was causing the problem. I did not even consider that could have been the issue since I was just playing the same note over and over on my keyboard, not changing notes. So the UI was never visibly changing, even though Tremor was apparently committing my changes and resetting the UI on every note.

Anyway, it's working fine now, and from now on I'll just leave Selection Follows MIDI off unless I know I need to use it.

Thanks! I really love this synth, by the way.

trw32

Postby trw32 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:07 pm

I was having this problem, too, and also tracked it down to "Selection follows MIDI".

It'd be great if, with "Selection follows MIDI" On, triggering a synth via MIDI didn't interrupt parameter changes as long as the triggered synth was already selected.

Return to “Tremor”