Disable synth engines but still allow MIDI out? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Disable synth engines but still allow MIDI out?

Support forum for Tremor

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

peterdines

Disable synth engines but still allow MIDI out?

Postby peterdines » Fri May 24, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi, is there a way to disable the synth engines and just use the MIDI sequencer to send patterns out to another plugin? All the mute buttons I've tried stop the MIDI out. I guess I could turn down the master or channel volumes but then the synth engines are still consuming CPU.

If you currently can't do this with Tremor I'd like to make it a feature request... especially if we could disable engines individually. That would allow more flexible and efficient use, selectively replacing some sounds with triggered external sounds from Geist, Drumspillage and whatnot with no extra CPU overhead, but still using the completely awesome Tremor sequencer.

leoelzein

Postby leoelzein » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:56 am

+100

I came here to post the same request... Tremor's sequencer is a lot of fun and sometimes I use it to sequence Microtonic, it's a shame that I have to deal with the CPU load of Tremor's 8 synth engines when all I want is to use its sequencer.

Simple On/Off button would do...

But then again, maybe this feature already exists, and I don't know where to find it.
That's what you get when you don't read the manual... I'll dig to see if it's currently possible and report back

leoelzein

Postby leoelzein » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:16 pm

.... it's not possible

kingtubby

Postby kingtubby » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:59 pm

nvm

Return to “Tremor”