CPU requirements - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

CPU requirements

Support forum for Tremor

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

Synthbob

CPU requirements

Postby Synthbob » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:11 am

Hi,

Tremor struggles (unusable unfortunately) with Ableton and my i7 Quad core M620 2.67GHz laptop.

Is my machine underpowered? It's a good 4 years old but unsure how much better the newer processors are to what I have currently.

Thanks in advance
Rob

Stromkraft

Tremor works reasonably well on a 2.2ghz Core2Duo

Postby Stromkraft » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:06 pm

Considering I can use it on a 2.2ghz Core2Duo in Live 9.1.x, I'd say you better check out other issues as well, like your audio interface.

I do have issues with very demanding sets, in case I have to split the set into two tracks and freeze one of them or alternatively freeze the one. That's not very often and typically I can use 1 or 2 Tremor tracks in drum racks, played via the DAW, so no internal Tremor patterns and a few heavy tracks like Razor or something else, audio tracks plus 10+ audio effects plug-ins, before I need to start to think about freezing. But for some patterns I may need to do this earlier.

I have an RME Babyface and I had serious issues with my older interface, so that's one reason I suggest to check that out.

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:48 pm

Synthbob, your machine should be more than good enough. What buffer size are you running your soundcard at? I suppose very low sizes might struggle a bit, but I wouldn't have thought so.

Synthbob

Postby Synthbob » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:05 pm

Thanks guys, good to know. I recon I'll re-install the o/s and see how we go. CPU usage seems fairly consistently high regardless of my buffer settings (M-audio fastrack). But just knowing it should be ok gives me heart.

In other news, I'm thinking about running tremor on a tablet to make a dedicated hardware(ish) drum machine. Anyone had any experience with this? A touchscreen controlled tremor.....hmmmmmm.

Wondering how powerful the tablet would need to be and if touchscreen controls would actually work ok.

Cheers
R

Return to “Tremor”