CONNECTING PATTERNS ?? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

CONNECTING PATTERNS ??

Support forum for Tremor

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

designlarry

CONNECTING PATTERNS ??

Postby designlarry » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:00 am

I am just learning the sounds and the sequencer in Tremor. After I was finally happy with a pattern I made , I copied it to pattern 2, 3, and 4, and added a few more crashes and few extra sounds on each pattern. Now, How do I connect the four patterns.?? I am reading about MIDi triggering. That sounds way to complex. I just want to play pattern 1, then 2, 3, 4, then repeat. I would call that chaining the patterns together. Is there an easy way to do that? THanks

Lawrence_fx

Re: CONNECTING PATTERNS ??

Postby Lawrence_fx » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:55 pm

designlarry wrote:I am just learning the sounds and the sequencer in Tremor. After I was finally happy with a pattern I made , I copied it to pattern 2, 3, and 4, and added a few more crashes and few extra sounds on each pattern. Now, How do I connect the four patterns.?? I am reading about MIDi triggering. That sounds way to complex. I just want to play pattern 1, then 2, 3, 4, then repeat. I would call that chaining the patterns together. Is there an easy way to do that? THanks

Heya, patterns can be triggered from MIDI note values of C-1 up to B0, which covers the 24 pattern slots available. These patterns can be triggered via. either the piano roll/MIDI sequencer in your DAW, or via. an external MIDI controller.

designlarry

Postby designlarry » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:21 am

OK, Thanks, with a MIDI device connected, that device will trigger the pattern. That actually makes sense.

designlarry

Postby designlarry » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:31 am

MIDI, great idea. i just downloaded the Tremor manual. :oops:
Looks like I will be reading for a few hours, to connect my PUSH2 to control Tremor.
Then I should have all of the MIDI control I need.
Thanks again for your reply. That's what I needed, a MIDI connection.

designlarry

Postby designlarry » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:01 am

Update, I am using the MIDI input from my Yamaha MX synth to trigger Tremor. I am trying to trigger/switch patterns, but when I hit C on the synth, I get the kick drum. C# = snare etc. How do I change from triggering drum sounds, to changing patterns. In mapping mode, nothing seems to work, I'm not able to assign anything.

paulyb

Postby paulyb » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:36 pm

FWIW:
I've been using my AWESOME Tremor for a long time and just decided to "chain" some patterns - something I've wanted to do for a long time and just never got around to it. - too bad they didn't include a "song" functionality, eh?

I used the previous commenter's suggestion and set up a 2 Bar MIDI Track in a Tremor instance in Ableton LIVE. Then I sent one C-1 MIDI note in bar 1 and one C#-1 MIDI note in bar 2 (note length doesn't matter). My Tremor plugin clock is slaved to the LIVE host so when I start the LIVE transport, the MIDI info triggers pattern 1 and then 2 and loops as LIVE does.PERFECT As far as triggering notes or patterns in Tremor, I'm not sure about the info your Yamaha is sending, or the application you had in mind, so...
hope this helps ;o

Return to “Tremor”