heavy rock song by me - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

heavy rock song by me

Post links to your tracks here for feedback and kudos

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

lowroller

heavy rock song by me

Postby lowroller » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:43 am

Finished this a few days ago. I'm using BFD 1.5 with the original library and XFL, which I got late last year. It's mostly XFL, with a few cymbals from the original library. I played everything and programmed most of the drums (and tweaked some stuff from the groove library)

I'm still coming to grips with mixing on headphones (sennheisers) and old stereo amp and speakers (pioneer, haha). It's an improvement over past mixes I've done.

http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=105115 or http://users.on.net/~lowroller/minus-zero.mp3

Enjoy, and feel free to let me know what you think :)

ryan_fx

Postby ryan_fx » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:44 pm

Nice.

You should check out BFD2, as it may come with some drum kit pieces that you would love (stock).

For a midi programmer like yourself, you may find that BFD2 will speed up your workflow and creativity.

Good job though!

Best,

ryan_fx

lowroller

Postby lowroller » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:04 am

might be a while before I can afford new software though, since I'm cash strapped at the moment :(

Eomack

Postby Eomack » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:20 pm

Sweet mix and drums.How do u get the song to be downloaded and playing in my Windows Media Player?It sounds so much better.Is a payed site u have to join in order to use this feature of listening to one's song?

lowroller

Postby lowroller » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:18 am

If you clicked on the second link it's a direct link to the file that's hosted on my webspace. It's an mp3 and I guess it opens in your default mp3 player on your comp.

Thanks for checking it out and glad you dig it.

Eomack

Postby Eomack » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:58 am

Thanks for info.Was wondering this song recorded in high end studio?with real guitars and amps?And BFD just for drums?If not I have to say wow,and what program/plug-ins/effects for recording?Any UAD-2 Plug-ins?Just sounds so polished and ready for distruting for sales.

lowroller

Postby lowroller » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:31 am

I didn't use any real amps. I was living with the folks at the time and can't record a mesa dual rectifier at home. Even if not for the noise factor all the rooms sound like crap. I used amplitube 2 modern rectifier settings which I played around with till I thought they sounded decent. The bass was done with guitar rig 2 using a combination of the ampeg looking speaker (fridge) and the swr looking 8 speaker thing. I have a digi002 which I plugged the guitars straight into. I'm not sure if a DI would improve the sound as I don't own one so I'm curious if anyone reckons I should use one.

Anyway, that's all off the top of my head. As much as it's the best sounding mix I've done so far I can still pick plenty that I'm not totally happy with. It also happens to be the last thing I've done in a long while. I really should get onto doing something new.

UAD-2 Plug-ins? I don't know what those are.

Return to “Showcase”