Welcome to the Etch forum! - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Welcome to the Etch forum!

Support forum for Etch VST/AU/RTAS

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Drew_fx

Welcome to the Etch forum!

Postby Drew_fx » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:34 pm

Hi,

Welcome to the Etch forum. As you may have guessed, Etch is our new filter plugin. A few things to be aware of:

Some hosts do not allow all methods of routing audio/midi into Etch. For instance, in Logic, you can use Etch either as an insert effect, which means you cannot route midi to it, or as a midi-controlled-effect on an instrument track, which means you cannot route audio into the sidechain input. You should use Etch in whatever way you wish to get the task done, but please be aware that it may not always be possible due to host limitations.

Etch uses 2x oversampling as its default. When oversampling is turned on, this is upped to 4x. If you feel the filter isn't quite as bright or crisp as you'd like, try turning the oversampling on. This is saved per-preset however, so you will need to re-save your preset for the change to be retained.

We have see Etch fail the AU validation scan in Logic. This doesn't always occur, but if it occurs on your machine, go to the AU Manager and rescan Etch, and this should make it validate.

DANGER

Postby DANGER » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:58 pm

Any chance to auto set oversampling on during rendering?

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:13 pm

DANGER wrote:Any chance to auto set oversampling on during rendering?

Tis a good request. Will see what occurs!!

science101

Swing low sweet Etch?

Postby science101 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:05 pm

Is there swing time anywhere for the LFOs? I loaded up my Korg M1 and I'm already making huge morphing trance pads and modulating the output to make a gate with the demo... very nice warm sound - just missing a little bit of swing :)I suppose I could gate with Cyphers FX... i will go experiment!

Science 101

Square LFO and Morph swing?

Postby Science 101 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Should I read the manual lol - But is this the same as swing timing?

Beardedone

Postby Beardedone » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:20 pm

I am really not sure what I'd use Etch for. It looks like fun and some great noises can be produced, but I don't see a musical use for it other than in electronic type music which isn't my bag. Would Etch have any application in non-electronic music such as Jazz or acoustic stuff?

Cheers,
Gordon

kneecapped

Big big problems with etch on presonus 2.05

Postby kneecapped » Fri May 18, 2012 10:37 am

Can someone tell me if im mad or not,but etch crashes a lot in the new presonus 2.05,when i open the envelope sidechain function then close it again the envelope follower shuts of all signal flow and wont even allow standard envelope module to work,plus ive followed all the vids on sidechaining and i cannot for the hell of me get the sidechain function to work in the new presonus,ill open up an audio channel with a synth audio file then send that to bus channel with etch,i then want to use drums to sidechain that so i set up another send from the drum channel to the sidechain input of etch,but alas nothing,as soon as i swithc to sidechain kaput nada zilch zero,and to make things worse when i flip back to envelope mode even that wont function correctly,with or with out anything routed to it,im using an m audio audiophile sound card and the new presonus thats it,no theres nothing wrong with my computer no theres nothing faulty all my other software runs great,just cant get etch to do what i need it to do..very instable yet on the video the its sidechained on presonus?is there any exceptions to the rule here?is it an older version of presonus or a soundcard thats suitable?i really wish i could get some help here!

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Mon May 21, 2012 9:22 am

kneecapped - could you contact support directly? We'll need information about your system. (a number of us use Studio One here so it should work fine)

Return to “Etch”