Cubase 5 and above
How to use Etch's sidechain inputs in Cubase 5 and above.
1. Open your mixer view, and right click the background.
2. Choose 'add track' and choose 'group channel'.
3. In the window that pops up, click the drop-down menu under 'configuration'.
4. In the menu you've now got open, go to More... and choose the 'quadro' type.
5. Click the 'add track' button to confirm this track addition.
6. Now in the Cubase main menu bar, go to the devices section, and choose 'VST connections'.
7. Go to the tab called 'Group/FX'.
8. The quadro group you added will be in the list. Right click it.
9. Go to the 'add child bus' sub-menu, and you'll see 'Stereo' and 'Stereo (Ls Rs) - add both of these.
10. Add Etch as an insert effect to the Group track, in the Cubase mixer.
11. Now from within your Cubase mixer, you can route any track to these child-busses. Anything you send to the first child-bus will go to the main Etch inputs. Anything you send to the second child-bus will go to Etch's sidechain input.
It is also worth mentioning that if you double-click the bus names in the VST Connections page, you can rename them. Suggested names would be 'Main' for the first child-bus, and 'Sidechain' for the second child-bus.
Last edited by Drew_fx
on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.