How do you route a midi track to an Etch track in Sonar? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

How do you route a midi track to an Etch track in Sonar?

Support forum for Etch VST/AU/RTAS

Moderators: Drew_fx, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

aries

How do you route a midi track to an Etch track in Sonar?

Postby aries » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:01 pm

I see in :-

http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7577443

its stated that "The problem is, it's quite a rare thing for an effect to accept midi across multiple channels, so I don't currently have anything to test this with. But Etch can be used perfectly in hosts like Cubase, Sonar, Studio One, and Pro Tools, so I am suspecting an Ableton Live incompatibility."

I have tried to route a midi track to an Etch track in Sonar, but cannot see how to do it.

How do you do it?

Thanks

Genghis

Postby Genghis » Wed May 02, 2012 4:40 pm

Hmmm... I spent some time trying to figure this out yesterday as well and I can't get it to work. I tried configuring Etch as a synth and configuring it as a time based effect and neither one seemed to make it available for MIDI input. I'm on SONAR X1 Expanded.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

vespesian

Postby vespesian » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:13 pm

I do it sonar x1d exp. the usual way - insert into fx bin, insert midi track, choose etch as the out. But - it's kind of wonky in sonar - at least one of the presets (the side-chained wobble thingee...sorry, forget the exact wording) throws the driver out, and crashes sonar, as does deleting it from whatever track, if you're any kind of side-chaining anything. In this case, I actually have to reboot - not just restart - sonar. Too bad - it's a great plug-in.

joscuzz

Postby joscuzz » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:30 pm

I have Etch working with MIDI input in Sonar X1 Producer. I configured Etch as a synth via the plugin properties page, and as Vespesian says:
nsert into fx bin, insert midi track, choose etch as the out
However, I have 4 MIDI tracks setup: Channel 1 = LFOs - Channel 2 = Pitch - Channel 3 = Filter 1 CutOff and Channel 4 = Filter 2 CutOff. Etch will respond to data received from these channels in Sonar but you must choose the relevant MIDI channel inside your controller to jam out and record the parts.

The problem I'm experiencing in Sonar is similar to the one highlighted by Vespesian, and that is: The audio drivers freak and Sonar crashes at any attempt to place a sidechain signal through Etch. Any suggestions for a work around? Or, if there's something being overlooked I'd appreciate a nod.

Thanks.
Wipe the dust from the mirror of your mind.

Return to “Etch”