XY sending / receiving MIDI ? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

XY sending / receiving MIDI ?

Support forum for Etch VST/AU/RTAS

Moderators: Drew_fx, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

bdhm

XY sending / receiving MIDI ?

Postby bdhm » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:40 pm

hi,

I can not fined a way to automate / control the XY CONTROLLER in LOGIC-PRO.

Is there a trick ?

Thanks!
bd

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:25 am

Sure, hit the midi learn button. A long green oblong will appear on the top and right hand sides of the XY pad. Select one and send the desired midi control change. Repeat for the other.

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:27 am

Actually there does appear to be a bug. XY is not reporting host automation, so MIDI learn is the only way at present. We'll get that fixed.

bdhm

Postby bdhm » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:17 am

Hi°
thanks for your reply.

Looking forward for this bug fix !

Best wishes,
bd

New Loops

Postby New Loops » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Rory_FX wrote:Actually there does appear to be a bug. XY is not reporting host automation, so MIDI learn is the only way at present. We'll get that fixed.

In Reaper I can't record automation with the "Envelope gain" or the "XY pad"!

Really need to have this please. :P

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:36 pm

Hi,

OK, it turned out that the XY Pad cannot be reported back to the host due to technical limitations. The VST spec can't handle two controls being sent to the host at once, so the XY Pad remains unable to automate.

The Envelope Gain seems to be working fine here in 1.1.0.0. What version are you using faun2500?

New Loops

Postby New Loops » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:08 pm

Hello, I can live without x/y (although a shame) but the beta crashes in Reaper x64. See my post on this forum.

Thanks,

Also, I can selected the envelope gain from the list in Reaper so that is not a problem anyway.

Kickflip

Postby Kickflip » Sat May 31, 2014 11:31 pm

I've just been messing with trying to automate the XY Pad for some nasty neurofunk bassness, and found this thread when I realised I couldn't...

I'm wondering if it'd be possible to revisit this one? It's possible to both automate and record from the XY Pad in CamelPhat 3, so it's definitely feasible! I'm guessing some sort of interpolation between the axes would be the way they're doing it.
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music
http://www.soundcloud.com/kickflip

Circuit Bent Madness
http://www.bogus-noise.co.uk

vespesian

Postby vespesian » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:23 pm

Kickflip wrote:I've just been messing with trying to automate the XY Pad for some nasty neurofunk bassness, and found this thread when I realised I couldn't...

I'm wondering if it'd be possible to revisit this one? It's possible to both automate and record from the XY Pad in CamelPhat 3, so it's definitely feasible! I'm guessing some sort of interpolation between the axes would be the way they're doing it.

Agreed. Fabfilter timeless & volcano can both also do this - they just create 2 automation lines at the same time...

Return to “Etch”