No Brainer Deal? WTF? - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

No Brainer Deal? WTF?

Support forum for Etch VST/AU/RTAS

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

mayur_FX

Postby mayur_FX » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:04 pm

kingdubrock - no worries, we understand. We don't like deleting threads from our forums (even the bad ones) so it will stay.

ttilberg - thanks for the kind words.

gridden - As I said in my post - the work required is huge and we have not had time to undertake this yet. VST2.4 actually works fine, the problem is when the plugin is compiled using a buggy version of VSTGUI (in Steinberg's SDK). So to fix this one bug that's not in our code, we need to re-code and re-test the adapter against all possible plugins, test for backward-compatibility and so on. I can tell you that this is not trivial.

On the other hand, we freely give out the relevant information for plugin authors to fix the bug in their plugin, but we're repeatedly met with a refusal to do it. So because the actual vendor of the plugin cannot be bothered to support their users, we get it in the neck because we're the only available target for people's rage. :?
Mayur Maha
FXpansion Audio [http://www.fxpansion.com]
Please do not PM me - use the support ticket system instead

kryptonitejesus

Postby kryptonitejesus » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:21 am

speaking on the no brainer deal... I really want to grab up the new DCAM dynamics but I don't wanna get burned again... are these plugins gonna be up on such a huge sale again so quickly? :(

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby Paul_fx » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:47 am

kryptonitejesus wrote: are these plugins gonna be up on such a huge sale again so quickly? :(

No

kryptonitejesus

Postby kryptonitejesus » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Paul_fx wrote:
kryptonitejesus wrote: are these plugins gonna be up on such a huge sale again so quickly? :(

No
ace mate. I mean, I know you guys can't formally give a 100% answer on that but I'm happy enough with everything you guys are doing as far as continued support and making sure theres a degree of longevity behind the product that I feel comfortable supporting..

can't wait till I got the little bit of extra change to buy them :D

Decapitated Giraffe

Postby Decapitated Giraffe » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Shoot, you guys decide to put etch on sale again for $20 i would buy it yesterday.

Return to “Etch”