Using Etch: Mouse pointer sticks in Live when using Live's mixer sliders - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Using Etch: Mouse pointer sticks in Live when using Live's mixer sliders

Support forum for Etch VST/AU/RTAS

Moderators: Drew_fx, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

Spinflux

Using Etch: Mouse pointer sticks in Live when using Live's mixer sliders

Postby Spinflux » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi,
Just installed Etc and using in Live (version 8.3.2). Only with Etch I notice that when I move sliders or rotary controls (volume, pan, etc.) in the mixing area the mouse pointer hangs and stays visible on that slider/rotary control (and pulsates fast). However, the parameter is still changeable though. No other plugin causes this behaviour.
Anyone similar obervations?
Robin

dopepoo

Re: Using Etch: Mouse pointer sticks in Live when using Live's mixer sliders

Postby dopepoo » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:35 am

Spinflux wrote:Hi,
Just installed Etc and using in Live (version 8.3.2). Only with Etch I notice that when I move sliders or rotary controls (volume, pan, etc.) in the mixing area the mouse pointer hangs and stays visible on that slider/rotary control (and pulsates fast). However, the parameter is still changeable though. No other plugin causes this behaviour.
Robin

Yes I think so. :)

Do you mean a kind of lag thing where when you drag the mouse up and down the slider moves, but the pointer stays where it is? This happens to me. Also I've noticed once I've loaded Etch, this problem remains even if I delete the instance of the plugin, and it affects Ableton Live across the board, until I close Live down and reload it.

Amazing how distracting a simple pointer issue like that can be! :)

fxpansion - would really appreciate any feedback on this as it has made me a bit hesitant to use the plugin at the moment! That's a shame because I really like it! :)

Spinflux

Postby Spinflux » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:46 am

dopepoo wrote:
Robin

Yes I think so. :)

Do you mean a kind of lag thing where when you drag the mouse up and down the slider moves, but the pointer stays where it is? This happens to me. Also I've noticed once I've loaded Etch, this problem remains even if I delete the instance of the plugin, and it affects Ableton Live across the board, until I close Live down and reload it.

Amazing how distracting a simple pointer issue like that can be! :)

fxpansion - would really appreciate any feedback on this as it has made me a bit hesitant to use the plugin at the moment! That's a shame because I really like it! :)

I contacted support at fXpansion. They have reproduced the same issue and have put it in their bug tracker. So, hopefully it will be solved in an update soon enough. It is an annoying feature indeed, the more after closing Etch and have the issue persistent in Live. Starting Live again is the only remedy for now.

dopepoo

Postby dopepoo » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:36 am

Spinflux wrote:
dopepoo wrote:
I contacted support at fXpansion. They have reproduced the same issue and have put it in their bug tracker. So, hopefully it will be solved in an update soon enough. It is an annoying feature indeed, the more after closing Etch and have the issue persistent in Live. Starting Live again is the only remedy for now.

Awesome. :)

ezelkow1

Postby ezelkow1 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:11 pm

I get the same thing with every fxpansion plug, dcam, geist, and etch. So if anyone from fxpansion sees this consider throwing the same bug report for all products in there. I think I had reported this like 6 months ago along with someone else concerning dcam

-edit
found the other thread for dcam, has screen captures of it happening
http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=

Spinflux

Postby Spinflux » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:37 am

ezelkow1 wrote:I get the same thing with every fxpansion plug, dcam, geist, and etch. So if anyone from fxpansion sees this consider throwing the same bug report for all products in there. I think I had reported this like 6 months ago along with someone else concerning dcam

-edit
found the other thread for dcam, has screen captures of it happening
http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=

Oh wow, more products, half a year ago? That's discomforting news. Your two animated gifs show it all btw. But in my view it is not a bit annoying, it is very distracting. And, as I mentioned in a former post, the problem exists even after fXpansion products are closed. Although Etch is a very nice product (and worth $99) I considered myself lucky to have paid 20$ for this one product. I once had the urge to buy Geist, it became Maschine + Live, fortunately. I have tested Etch but do not use it in creative projects, there are alternatives, e.g. in Live with Max4 Live (using the envelope follower and LFO api for instance) or FabFilter's Volcano. I hope fXpansion's bug tracker is alive and well and does its job.

dopepoo

Postby dopepoo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:16 pm

Boing! This issue is still present on v1.0.1.2.

Any news on when this will be fixed?

I really like this app, but i've not used it since July, when I got it, because of this issue. I know it's mino,r but it's just enough of a quibble to put me off using it.

Any info appreciated. :)

Jake

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby Paul_fx » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:13 am

dopepoo wrote:Boing! This issue is still present on v1.0.1.2.

Any news on when this will be fixed?

I really like this app, but i've not used it since July, when I got it, because of this issue. I know it's mino,r but it's just enough of a quibble to put me off using it.

Any info appreciated. :)

Jake

The bug is in live **not in our products**. I've been chasing the live devs about this, but they are busy with v9 I guess, cos I'm still waiting on details for any changes they will make...

- paul

Return to “Etch”