Etch resets to default in Logic - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Etch resets to default in Logic

Support forum for Etch VST/AU/RTAS

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Gefrequency

Etch resets to default in Logic

Postby Gefrequency » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:23 pm

Every time I save and close a session with Etch in the project (Logic 9.1.7), whenever I re-open the session, Etch, instead of being on whichever preset (custom or not) the session was saved on, resets to it's Default patch/state. What gives?

Is this a known bug or does Etch somehow work differently than every other plugin I've got. What's the trick? Maybe I'm missing something obvious?

Trahast

Postby Trahast » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:43 pm

No, I'm getting it too. The chosen preset is not saved, and the instance reverts to the default patch.

Cheers,

Trahast

- - - - - - -
Logic 9.1.7 (32-bit), SnowLeopard 10.6.8

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Re: Etch resets to default in Logic

Postby Paul_fx » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:33 pm

Phase47 wrote:Every time I save and close a session with Etch in the project (Logic 9.1.7), whenever I re-open the session, Etch, instead of being on whichever preset (custom or not) the session was saved on, resets to it's Default patch/state. What gives?

Is this a known bug or does Etch somehow work differently than every other plugin I've got. What's the trick? Maybe I'm missing something obvious?

Are you using the demo?
Do the values update properly and just the name in the preset box says "default"? (which is what it does, I.e. the name only isn't being recalled but all the values update)

This is the only report we have had of this, so I'm guessing it's one of the above. If etch really wasn't saving in logic, we would have had a lot of reports...

- Paul

Gefrequency

Re: Etch resets to default in Logic

Postby Gefrequency » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:59 pm

Paul_fx wrote:Are you using the demo?
Do the values update properly and just the name in the preset box says "default"? (which is what it does, I.e. the name only isn't being recalled but all the values update)

This is the only report we have had of this, so I'm guessing it's one of the above. If etch really wasn't saving in logic, we would have had a lot of reports...

- Paul

This is a registered full version, not the demo. I just tested and yes, it looks like Logic is saving the "state" of Etch, but not the preset information. I assume, based on your reply, that this is a known issue - any idea when this will get fixed? As you can imagine, if you've got a couple instances of Etch on any given session, nobody wants to be guessing what the preset actually is.

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby Paul_fx » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:09 pm

Im planning on doing a new build in the next few days. Assuming that it gets through our internal QA process it should be out in the wild the near future. Again, no promises on dates / times, but it is being worked on atm :)

-Paul

Gefrequency

Postby Gefrequency » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:11 pm

Paul_fx wrote:Im planning on doing a new build in the next few days. Assuming that it gets through our internal QA process it should be out in the wild the near future. Again, no promises on dates / times, but it is being worked on atm :)

-Paul

That is great, Paul. Glad a fix for this is coming soon, and the info/transparency is much appreciated.

Return to “Etch”