Anyone losing plugin settings with 1.2.0.7 on WIN 7? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Anyone losing plugin settings with 1.2.0.7 on WIN 7?

Support forum for Etch VST/AU/RTAS

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

darthfader

Anyone losing plugin settings with 1.2.0.7 on WIN 7?

Postby darthfader » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:13 am

I just realized that all my mixes have lost their ETCH (edge? ha!) settings
I upgraded to 1.2.0.7 a while back - perhaps in march?, and all seemed good until today, when doing recalls on an album, most - if not all - of the songs came back with Etch completely out of context.. wild HI CUT at 87hz, crazy BAND PASS stuff, etc etc.

I am not entirely sure it's not something i did.. maybe a preset management issue.. i did try to save a new "default" preset a few days ago, since i am always doing the same thing to get to where i'd want to start from, and some other stuff, but i can't imagine that causing this systemwide issue.

and, by the way, i never use any presets.. i always go from scratch when using the plugin, so i don't think it's a preset thing.. but who knows.

I've now downgraded to the previous version, and it seems to have ALMOST fixed the problem.. i only noticed one instance on one song out of 11 today, that didn't snap back to where it was, but this is quite the situation, since confidence is a bit shaken, clearly.
And, the tempo sync doesn't work on this version.. hence the upgrade in the first place.

Any thoughts?

I'm on Sequoia 11, 32 bit, and WIN 7

please share your thoughts, if you've had any of this happen

thanks

Husky

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:51 am

Hey Husky,

Can you reproduce this every time? Even with new projects?

It must be said Sequoia isn't on our list of regularly checked hosts. Can you also try in another host?

Also, the following might be helpful:

- open host
- insert etch
- change some settings
- save host project
- upload project here or email it to me (I think you have my email)

- Rory

darthfader

Postby darthfader » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:36 pm

Hi Rory

thanks for getting back

i have downgraded to the previous version, and it seems to have helped things dramatically (of course i don't have the sync) but i can't change anythingthing at the moment, since i'm in the middle of several projects, recalls, mixes, etc etc and i can't upset the balance at this point.

the curious thing, is that it seems to have happend without me doing anything - that i can think of.
i didn't upgrade sequoia, didn't change any settings on the PC (i'm super superstitious about this stuff, so i RARELY change anything) so it's a bit of a head-scratcher.

i don't know if this affects other hosts.. doesn't really matter, in a way.
i have and use pro tools, on the mac, but that's irrelevant, i'm guessing.

i will try to find a window when i've got some time in between projects to investigate this further.
i couldn't replicate this consistently, i just downgraded to the older version (with client in the room(!)) and got on with it :-)

i use this on pretty much every single mix, so it's important i find what the issue might be.

ALSO.. i'm looking to move to 64 bit Sequoia 13 (latest version) so perhaps this will "go away", but it's hugely problematic at this point, not being sure the mixes from a month ago come back intact
i'm always getting asked to generate instrumentals, remix stems, alt versions for radio, etc etc. so the confidence is supremely shaken, at this point.

but i'll find some time and do some more investigating and report back.

thanks!
H

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:06 am

Hi Husky,

I understand the issue. What's odd is we don't have any other reports of this. I'll see if we have a copy of Sequoia in house we can test with. Meantime if you get a chance to send us a project file as I asked (but obviously containing the non-working version of Etch), that would be helpful. Update this thread if and when it's relevant and I'll do the same.

cheers,
Rory

Return to “Etch”