Forum

FXpansion Forum

Maul cutting out in Logic X

Support for Maul

Moderator: SKoT_FX

in2thesound

Maul cutting out in Logic X

Postby in2thesound » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:20 am

Hello. So here is my the scenario. I'm hoping I can get some light shed on this issue.

In Logic. Running Maul on a parallel channel to a Synth lead. The instance of Maul will work fine for about 1 minute then it clicks and only the right channel can be heard. after another minute or so there would be another click and the whole project would go silent. Whats is odd is I'm running Maul on a parallel channel strip and the Dry synth reverb and other channels are feed into a bus. When Maul clicks It effects the entire Bus, and Master channel. It took a while to track down the problem. Every time the click would occur the only way to get the mix running properly again was to quit and relaunch the project. So, after tracking this down I found when the Instance of Maul was bypassed the issue stopped. So everything is moving forward and another instance of Maul on another channel strip started doing the same thing. I have not done any updates to logic or my mac OS. I'm running Maul 10.0.0.7 AU 64bit. I was not pushing the plug in really hard (i.e. was not clipping)

I just want to know Is this a Maul issue or a Logic issue?
Is there some kind of best practice I need to adopted?
Is there some optimization feature I'm missing?
This problem only started as the project got more complex and more plug ins were added. I'm wondering if its some CPU usage issue?

Thank you in advance for the help with this.

Lawrence_fx

Re: Maul cutting out in Logic X

Postby Lawrence_fx » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:06 pm

in2thesound wrote:Hello. So here is my the scenario. I'm hoping I can get some light shed on this issue.

In Logic. Running Maul on a parallel channel to a Synth lead. The instance of Maul will work fine for about 1 minute then it clicks and only the right channel can be heard. after another minute or so there would be another click and the whole project would go silent. Whats is odd is I'm running Maul on a parallel channel strip and the Dry synth reverb and other channels are feed into a bus. When Maul clicks It effects the entire Bus, and Master channel. It took a while to track down the problem. Every time the click would occur the only way to get the mix running properly again was to quit and relaunch the project. So, after tracking this down I found when the Instance of Maul was bypassed the issue stopped. So everything is moving forward and another instance of Maul on another channel strip started doing the same thing. I have not done any updates to logic or my mac OS. I'm running Maul 10.0.0.7 AU 64bit. I was not pushing the plug in really hard (i.e. was not clipping)

I just want to know Is this a Maul issue or a Logic issue?
Is there some kind of best practice I need to adopted?
Is there some optimization feature I'm missing?
This problem only started as the project got more complex and more plug ins were added. I'm wondering if its some CPU usage issue?

Thank you in advance for the help with this.

Does the same clicking occur when you load a single instance of Maul in a blank Logic project, without any other plugins/processing? If so this would eliminate CPU usage as a potential issue.

Return to “Maul”