Forum

FXpansion Forum

Bloom looks totally sweet guys....

Support for Bloom

Moderator: SKoT_FX

Decapitated Giraffe

Bloom looks totally sweet guys....

Postby Decapitated Giraffe » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:50 am

The Bloom samples sound great! this thing sounds nuts....I can't wait to try the demo!

FXpansion is building quite a nice selection of FX plugins. I do however find myself wondering where the path is leading? A sequencer or DAW? FX for D-cam 2? Will there be a package deal for all of them? So if i pick them up now, will i end up buying them again with another product?

Any thing you can tell us about the near future that might help me make some decisions? I was REALLY hoping for a 50% fx plugin sale in Feb, but it wasn't meant to be. :(

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:17 am

Hi,

As a policy we don't divulge future plans or what's being worked on. There's no higher plan with these effects plugins. The only thing you can bet is that if and when we do bigger products such as BFD3, Geist 2 or Synth Squad 2, a lot of the Bloom/Maul/Etch/DCAM technology will be rolled in.

Decapitated Giraffe

Postby Decapitated Giraffe » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:36 am

Well, that alone is a pretty tantalizing statement. I am looking forward to all of it!

On a relevant side note, I have 2 things to bring up. The bloom installer completely failed on a windows XP 64 bit system. I get it unpacked and I get error message saying C:\documents and settings...... bloom\bloom installer win.exe is not a valid Win32 application. I haven't tried to download it again yet. I just built a win8 64 bit pc, but it's not ready yet....

Which brings me to the second part: do any of the FXpansion plugins run in AS a 64 bit plugin (vs a bridged mode)? This is probably posted somewhere, I haven't searched yet... Image line has just put together a 64 bit public beta for FL studio, I think i'm going to run with it on the new build.

Thanks again!

purtington

Postby purtington » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:59 am

Decapitated Giraffe wrote:Well, that alone is a pretty tantalizing statement. I am looking forward to all of it!

On a relevant side note, I have 2 things to bring up. The bloom installer completely failed on a windows XP 64 bit system. I get it unpacked and I get error message saying C:\documents and settings...... bloom\bloom installer win.exe is not a valid Win32 application. I haven't tried to download it again yet. I just built a win8 64 bit pc, but it's not ready yet....

Which brings me to the second part: do any of the FXpansion plugins run in AS a 64 bit plugin (vs a bridged mode)? This is probably posted somewhere, I haven't searched yet... Image line has just put together a 64 bit public beta for FL studio, I think i'm going to run with it on the new build.

Thanks again!

I don't know about your second question but with regards to the failed installer I'm guessing it's an XP issue.
I would guess that none of fxpansions newest products are going to have support for XP.
The latest versions of BFD Eco & BFD 2 aren't supported under XP so I'm guessing bloom won't be either.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

Scan UK 3XS Audio System
ASUS Prime Intel Z390-A
intel i9 10th gen 900k 3.7GHz
32GB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2666MHz
5000GB SSD PM981 M.2 PCIe (OS)
500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4
Windows 10

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby Paul_fx » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:32 am

Decapitated Giraffe wrote:Well, that alone is a pretty tantalizing statement. I am looking forward to all of it!

Thanks again!

Win XP is not a supported OS anymore im afraid

emens

...when i googled about bloom/xp...

Postby emens » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:06 am

...i somewhere found a post of somebody who installed bloom demo dll and preset etc m a n u a l l y on his xp system and it worked fine... ...the xp problem seemed to be the installer - not bloom itself... ...not sure if he is right because i'm too lazy to try this out myself btw...

purtington

Re: ...when i googled about bloom/xp...

Postby purtington » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:03 am

emens wrote:...i somewhere found a post of somebody who installed bloom demo dll and preset etc m a n u a l l y on his xp system and it worked fine... ...the xp problem seemed to be the installer - not bloom itself... ...not sure if he is right because i'm too lazy to try this out myself btw...

I know of people who have managed to do this with BFD Eco and I think BFD2 also and managed to install them on XP and vista
so it's worth trying.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

Scan UK 3XS Audio System
ASUS Prime Intel Z390-A
intel i9 10th gen 900k 3.7GHz
32GB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2666MHz
5000GB SSD PM981 M.2 PCIe (OS)
500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4
Windows 10

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Re: ...when i googled about bloom/xp...

Postby Paul_fx » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:55 am

emens wrote:...i somewhere found a post of somebody who installed bloom demo dll and preset etc m a n u a l l y on his xp system and it worked fine... ...the xp problem seemed to be the installer - not bloom itself... ...not sure if he is right because i'm too lazy to try this out myself btw...

YOU ARE TOTALLY ON YOUR OWN IF YOU DO THE FOLLOWING, ITS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY AND IT MAY NOT EVEN WORK PROPERLY, BUT...

Run the Bloom exe you downloaded, when the extractor finishes and pops up the message, dont click it.
Click Start->Run
Type in %temp%

This will open your temp folder. In there you should see a folder called 'RarSFX0' (or similar).
Open that folder and inside you will see a folder called Bloom. Copy that to your desktop.

Navigate to the bloom folder on your desktop. Open it up and copy the following things:

From -> To (NOTE, on 64 bit system, make sure you copy to Program Files (x86), NOT the 64 bit folder!!!)

[DESKTOP]\Bloom\Installer\Payload\Components\Presets -> C:\Program Files\FXpansion\Bloom\System\Presets
[DESKTOP]\Bloom\Installer\Payload\Components\Resources -> C:\Program Files\FXpansion\Bloom\Resources
[DESKTOP]\Bloom\Installer\Payload\Binaries\Win_x86 -> YOUR VST PLUGINS FOLDER (If doing 32 bit)
[DESKTOP]\Bloom\Installer\Payload\Binaries\Win_x64 -> YOUR VST PLUGINS FOLDER (If doing 64 bit)
[DESKTOP]\Bloom\Installer\Payload\LM\Win\LicenseManager -> C:\Program Files\FXpansion\LicenseManager

Now run license manager, in C:\Program Files\FXpansion\LicenseManager\LicenseManager.exe, this will write the registry entries it needs.

Thats it, bloom should be installed.

GOOD LUCK AND REMEMBER BRAVE EXPLORER, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN IN THIS, WE WILL NOT HELP YOU IF THIS GOES WRONG / DOESNT WORK

-Paul

Decapitated Giraffe

Postby Decapitated Giraffe » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:21 pm

LM and and all things seem ok, except plugin comes up as a white box (run LM/ demo mode). no graphics loading? For now i will just hold off i guess.:cry:

My Win 8 pc is now up and running but will not convert to studio for a few weeks(must decomission a piece of hardware first), at which time maybe i can try the etch / maul demos again. :lol: (hint: sale opportunity!)

So maybe i will hit you up then with a reincheck for the customer loyalty sale?

By the way, i had almost 10 hours of software installs on the new machine, everything has gone smoothly with LM and setup. Thanks to whomever stuck a few extra keys in the bank for me! So far, Win 8 is rather nice.... took a little getting used to though!

Return to “Bloom”