BFDLAC TOOL ISSUES

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

kalinmiya68

BFDLAC TOOL ISSUES

Postby kalinmiya68 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:22 pm

Hi:

I have BFD3.3, been a user since BFD1.

In the days of BFD 1, I bought some expansions packs, XFL and DLX (Deluxe) and etc.

Everything seems to work after the upgrade to 3. Then I decided to convert the WAV files from the previous versions of BFD to same some space on my hard disk. I ran the bfdlactool utility and I saw that the info files were altered with the new .bfdlac filenames and the files were smaller.

I rescanned the content directories and everything looked great. Then I started to use the drums from the libraries I converted and some of them had no sounds. Not all drums were affected. The signature seems to be that maybe half or more of the converted drums only play at very low velocity levels from the keyboard. So when I press the key softly I get a soft hit. When I hit harder, I get nothing.

What is the format of the bfdlac files, are the FLAC? I cant tell if the files converted properly or if it is the engine.

Anyone else have this issue, is there a workaround.

When I copy over my WAV files and rescan, every goes back to normal, a good normal.

Thanks for any tips.

Steve63

Re: BFDLAC TOOL ISSUES

Postby Steve63 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:23 am

kalinmiya68 wrote:Hi:

I have BFD3.3, been a user since BFD1.

In the days of BFD 1, I bought some expansions packs, XFL and DLX (Deluxe) and etc.

Everything seems to work after the upgrade to 3. Then I decided to convert the WAV files from the previous versions of BFD to same some space on my hard disk. I ran the bfdlactool utility and I saw that the info files were altered with the new .bfdlac filenames and the files were smaller.

I rescanned the content directories and everything looked great. Then I started to use the drums from the libraries I converted and some of them had no sounds. Not all drums were affected. The signature seems to be that maybe half or more of the converted drums only play at very low velocity levels from the keyboard. So when I press the key softly I get a soft hit. When I hit harder, I get nothing.

What is the format of the bfdlac files, are the FLAC? I cant tell if the files converted properly or if it is the engine.

Anyone else have this issue, is there a workaround.

When I copy over my WAV files and rescan, every goes back to normal, a good normal.

Thanks for any tips.

If you log into your account and to your registered products you might be able to download the updated installers that are in the new BFDLAC format.

I'm guessing when you used the converter you overwrote or deleted the original .wav files?

If not then I guess all is not lost but I'm not sure what the cause of the non playing kit pieces are but I think people have had issues with the BFDLAC converter so searching the forum might offer some help.

I think downloading the new versions from your account would be the first thing I would try.

Steve

Steve
Computer Scan 3XS TZ490
https://www.scan.co.uk/3xs/configurator/3xs-tz490-computer-music-pc

Corsair 32GB DDR4 Vengeance LPX 3200MHz

Focusrite Scarlett 2i4

Some musical noodlings.

https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

Return to “BFD3”