FXpansion Forum

Can't manage groove libraries

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

RiverOak

Can't manage groove libraries

Postby RiverOak » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:22 pm

Hi all!

Today I wanted to convert a few TT groove libraries to BFD3 and as usual organize them into BFD3 libraries. But I noticed that the "Add to library" option in the drop down menu was disabled. The same with the preset libraries.
Add to Library.png

Now the existing libraries display fine and I can filter and search through them. But I can't add a library or add palettes to it. Unless I edit the XML files manually which is a huge pain.

I figured that the database must be corrupt or something so I de-installed BFD3 and made sure the databases were gone, and reinstalled it. But the issue remained! Downloaded the latest update, same thing. I've checked the disk for errors and everything else I can think of.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Not sure what to do about it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jazztom

Re: Can't manage groove libraries

Postby jazztom » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:06 pm

Hi, I have a similar issue. In my case it is impossible to Change a library for imported user libraries. I opened a ticket but the help desk never came back with a solution. So I use the workaround of manual edits in the pallette files. I was able to use the functionality before upgrading to the actual version. So the bug is not a Showstopper quite a pain.

RiverOak

Postby RiverOak » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:09 am

jazztom wrote:Hi, I have a similar issue. In my case it is impossible to Change a library for imported user libraries. I opened a ticket but the help desk never came back with a solution. So I use the workaround of manual edits in the pallette files. I was able to use the functionality before upgrading to the actual version. So the bug is not a Showstopper quite a pain.

Thank you for chiming in! I'm glad to hear that at least I'm not alone in having issues with this.
I'll try downgrading to see if that solves the issue.

RiverOak

Postby RiverOak » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:56 am

jazztom wrote:Hi, I have a similar issue. In my case it is impossible to Change a library for imported user libraries. I opened a ticket but the help desk never came back with a solution. So I use the workaround of manual edits in the pallette files. I was able to use the functionality before upgrading to the actual version. So the bug is not a Showstopper quite a pain.

Did you by any chance change the location of your grooves folder? I think that might have been the issue for me.
Though, simply moving it back did not solve the issue. I had to disable the content paths and make sure there were no user generated grooves available in the browser. Then create a new palette and save it. Now the "Change library" option is available again! And it's working in the latest version.
I could then add the groove content paths back again and scan them. The option is still there!

Add to library 2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jazztom

Postby jazztom » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:13 pm

Hi,
no, I did not change anything and meanwhile the BFD support team came back to me and said they are able to reproduce the issue and will fix it in a future patch.
cheers Jazztom

Return to “BFD3”