FXpansion Forum

Standalone crashing

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

jamie18

Standalone crashing

Postby jamie18 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:03 am

Hi everyone,

When ever i try to change an audio setting in BFD3 standalone the program shuts down.
Things I've tried...

- ASIO4ALL
-Disabling all audio drives
- Reinstalling BFD3/ License manager
- Installing on different drives
- BFD3 V. 3.3.0 and 3.3.1

This is beginning to be quite frustrating, I've even uninstalled the core library and my expansions just to rid my pc of everything BFD3 so that will be fun installing those again.

I'm currently running Windows 10 and BFD3 V. 3.3.0.44.

If anyone could please help me, it would be greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Drew_BFDTeam

Re: Standalone crashing

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Tue May 19, 2020 9:29 am

Hi,

Looking at your logs it seems you've got BFD3 dll files in a few places. The log says:
ALERT: You have multiple versions of BFD3 installed.
This can make your system unstable.
The BFD3 you are running now is here:
C:\Program Files\FXpansion\BFD3\BFD3.dll
There is another version here:
E:\BFD3 Core Library\BFD3.dll

So don't have the dll file inside the Core Library installation folder. That should be for audio only.

Which audio interface are you running?

jamie18

Postby jamie18 » Wed May 20, 2020 11:13 am

Running a Clarett 4 Pre USB, and that secondary .dll doesn't exist. Even though the log would have you believe so.

purtington

Postby purtington » Wed May 20, 2020 3:00 pm

jamie18 wrote:Running a Clarett 4 Pre USB, and that secondary .dll doesn't exist. Even though the log would have you believe so.

Could it be that you have, 'don't show hidden files, drives or folders' checked in your file explorer options?

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

Scan UK 3XS Audio System
ASUS Prime Intel Z390-A
intel i9 10th gen 900k 3.7GHz
32GB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2666MHz
5000GB SSD PM981 M.2 PCIe (OS)
500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4
Windows 10

jamie18

Postby jamie18 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:57 am

purtington wrote:
jamie18 wrote:Running a Clarett 4 Pre USB, and that secondary .dll doesn't exist. Even though the log would have you believe so.

Could it be that you have, 'don't show hidden files, drives or folders' checked in your file explorer options?

Steve

I wish. It was just a registry error.
Trouble shooting has now ceased as I'm awaiting increased authorisations for the second time.

jamie18

Postby jamie18 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:57 am

purtington wrote:

Steve

I wish. It was just a registry error.
Trouble shooting has now ceased as I'm awaiting increased authorisations for the second time.

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Thu May 21, 2020 8:39 pm

I've just sorted your authorizations out so you should be good there. As far as the standalone crashing goes, it sounds like either the Clarrett driver doesn't like our standalone, or our standalone doesn't like the Clarett driver. I'd need a Clarrett to test with, which I don't have right now.

My suggestion for the time being until I can get a device to test with is to use a host to run your BFD3 plugin.

jamie18

Postby jamie18 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:08 am

Drew_BFDTeam wrote:I've just sorted your authorizations out so you should be good there. As far as the standalone crashing goes, it sounds like either the Clarrett driver doesn't like our standalone, or our standalone doesn't like the Clarett driver. I'd need a Clarrett to test with, which I don't have right now.

My suggestion for the time being until I can get a device to test with is to use a host to run your BFD3 plugin.

Thanks for the authorizations. I however feel that it's not the Clarrett. Reasons being I've had it working prior to a system reset. Also becasue I've completely uninstalled all focusrite software and the problem still persists.

Again the problem is I cant click on any audio changing options, be it the midi preferences or audio, else the software closes to desktop without a warning. If this helps, I can get a ghastly drum playback if in the focusrite control software i add playback channels 7-8 to the SPDIF. That means nothing to me, hopefully a clue to you.

jamie18

Postby jamie18 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:08 am

Drew_BFDTeam wrote:I've just sorted your authorizations out so you should be good there. As far as the standalone crashing goes, it sounds like either the Clarrett driver doesn't like our standalone, or our standalone doesn't like the Clarett driver. I'd need a Clarrett to test with, which I don't have right now.

Thanks for the authorizations. I however feel that it's not the Clarrett. Reasons being I've had it working prior to a system reset. Also becasue I've completely uninstalled all focusrite software and the problem still persists.

Again the problem is I cant click on any audio changing options, be it the midi preferences or audio, else the software closes to desktop without a warning. If this helps, I can get a ghastly drum playback if in the focusrite control software i add playback channels 7-8 to the SPDIF. That means nothing to me, hopefully a clue to you.

jamie18

Postby jamie18 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:50 am

Well It's fixed now.... and the only thing i did was enable/disable the windows firewall rules for bfd3 and focusrite.... makes no sense to me, but i don't care at this point. I'm just glad this saga is over.

purtington

Postby purtington » Sat May 23, 2020 12:27 pm

jamie18 wrote:Well It's fixed now.... and the only thing i did was enable/disable the windows firewall rules for bfd3 and focusrite.... makes no sense to me, but i don't care at this point. I'm just glad this saga is over.

If your firewall was blocking the licence manager then obviously it wouldn't be able to authorise anything.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

Scan UK 3XS Audio System
ASUS Prime Intel Z390-A
intel i9 10th gen 900k 3.7GHz
32GB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2666MHz
5000GB SSD PM981 M.2 PCIe (OS)
500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4
Windows 10

jamie18

Postby jamie18 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:28 pm

purtington wrote:
jamie18 wrote:Well It's fixed now.... and the only thing i did was enable/disable the windows firewall rules for bfd3 and focusrite.... makes no sense to me, but i don't care at this point. I'm just glad this saga is over.

If your firewall was blocking the licence manager then obviously it wouldn't be able to authorise anything.

Steve

Of course. Authorizing was never unsuccessful though. Which was confirmed by license manager and through the mixer showing signal.

Return to “BFD3”