FXpansion Forum

BFD3: Content Download Issues

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

purtington

Re: BFD3: Content Download Issues

Postby purtington » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:17 am

1) Go to your BFD3 account page.

2) At the bottom of the page you will find "Product Audio Content" there you will find the ticket you need to download, either windows or mac version. It should say, "Download Ticket For BFD3 Core Library Audio Data V. 3.0.0.15"

3) Now open the licence manager and under, "products" click, "Open Download Ticket" Locate the ticket that you downloaded in step 2 and double click on it. This will start the download process. This can take a very long time to download depending on your broadband speed.
My broadband is 200MB and took me around 3 hours to download.

4) Once your download has finished you can run the installer from within the licence manager where you can choose the location you want to install the audio/data and what size you want to install.

Good luck.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

severinclaude

Postby severinclaude » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:40 am

thank you....one love...

severinclaude

Postby severinclaude » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:31 pm

desole de te deranger a nouveau.quand je telecharge le fichier core library v3.0.0.15 il m'affiche plein d'ecriture(piece jointe).
quand je telecharge le fichier core library v.1.0.0.1.en ouvrant un kit de la library du bfd3 il me met cette erreur (piece jointe).
voila mes tickets de telechargement
merci
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

severinclaude

Postby severinclaude » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:35 pm

Sorry to disturb you has nouveau.quand I download the file core library v3.0.0.15 he(it) posts(shows) me height of ecriture (attachment).
When I download the file core library v.1.0.0.1.en opening a kit of the library of bfd3 he(it) puts me this error (attachment).
Here are my tickets of download thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jancivil

Postby jancivil » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 am

purtington wrote:Just to update re download speeds, when I originally downloaded the core library it took me between 7 and 8 hours.
Not sure exactly how long as I went to bed and it was there in the morning.

I'm not sure if it's because I've upgraded my broadband from 100mbps to 200mbps or because I downloaded the library before it was moved to the amazon servers but I just downloaded it in about an hour.

How wonderful for you. It isn't possible where I live, but at Google Starbucks which has a nice, fast wifi it takes an exceedingly long time to recover and I don't get to stay there all night with the window in focus. If there is anything else such as a browser it slows to a crawl.
Regardless of your report of your very excellent response due to your fortunate situation, it is an extremely unusual downloader in these regards and it has not improved at all since I reported my situation.
MacPro 4.1 2.93Ghz 8 cores 24GB RAM
OSX.6.8

purtington

Postby purtington » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:27 pm

jancivil wrote:
purtington wrote:Just to update re download speeds, when I originally downloaded the core library it took me between 7 and 8 hours.
Not sure exactly how long as I went to bed and it was there in the morning.

I'm not sure if it's because I've upgraded my broadband from 100mbps to 200mbps or because I downloaded the library before it was moved to the amazon servers but I just downloaded it in about an hour.

How wonderful for you. It isn't possible where I live, but at Google Starbucks which has a nice, fast wifi it takes an exceedingly long time to recover and I don't get to stay there all night with the window in focus. If there is anything else such as a browser it slows to a crawl.
Regardless of your report of your very excellent response due to your fortunate situation, it is an extremely unusual downloader in these regards and it has not improved at all since I reported my situation.

I wouldn't say my situation is fortunate at all, I would say it is fairly typical although perhaps my broadband speed is a little faster than average. By the way, the report I posted about my download taking 8 hours has since changed because fxpansion addressed their server speeds (or more accurately, Amazon did) and it now takes me around 3 hours to download the core library, other users have done it in 2 hours.

Your situation however is extremely rare, how many BFD3 downloads do you suppose are done in starbucks?
Given that you have to use starbucks to download large files I'm surprised you didn't just pay the extra and order the USB version of BFD3.
You must surely have know this would be an issue?

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

tamajamma

Postby tamajamma » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:19 am

I've just had to go through the insane pain of d'loading the core content again and it's just as awful as it was 2 years ago. I live in Sydney Australia, and I was on a 100Mbps fibre connection then, and I'm using a cable link now which shows an average of 111Mbps connection now and I'm well into 7 or 8 hours. This is appalling, and it's clearly not just me. Anyone here from fxpansion? It is the 21st century guys. Don't you care about your international customers?

tamajamma

Postby tamajamma » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:24 am

Seriously... I'm not one for grumbling about service, but this is truly neanderthal. And it can't be my ISP being the bottleneck. Just what do you at FXpansion consider meaningful in your customer access environment? I honestly can't recommend this otherwise good product to my students or fellow DAW users given this ridiculous situation with the very content one needs to use the damned thing.

Simon G

Postby Simon G » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:10 pm

I am in the UK on BT Broadband - so far been downloading for 8 hours and I'm only at 32%.

Can someone at FXpansion please explain what is going on.

GeybSF

Postby GeybSF » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:45 pm

The same problem I have with downloading.
Ping is normal, speed is as always.
I'm 50% now ... half a day :(
Apple Mac mini
2.8GHz IntelCore i5 Dual Core,8GB RAM, 1TB Fusion Drive

"My future project"

DougMasters

Postby DougMasters » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:18 pm

New user here, just purchased bfd 3 and I am getting this issue, see screenshot. Essentially i get this message, i hit ok, nothing happens and none of the windows pop up that i'm expecting to see from the install instructions. This is when i'm trying to download the core library

:: edit ::

ok i'm having an issue posting a screenshot

the document "bfd3_core_library.fxdownload" could not be opened. updatedaemon cannot open files int he "fxpansion download file" format.

then I get a box that says update daemon with a black an offwhite circle with a black cone circling over and over again.

I tried an old solution from this forum which required creating a folder on my desktop and running a terminal command, and nothin.

os x el capitan 10.11.16 imac

JuliaJiji

Postby JuliaJiji » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:44 pm

DougMasters wrote:New user here, just purchased bfd 3 and I am getting this issue, see screenshot. Essentially i get this message, i hit ok, nothing happens and none of the windows pop up that i'm expecting to see from the install instructions. This is when i'm trying to download the core library

:: edit ::

ok i'm having an issue posting a screenshot

the document "bfd3_core_library.fxdownload" could not be opened. updatedaemon cannot open files int he "fxpansion download file" format.

then I get a box that says update daemon with a black an offwhite circle with a black cone circling over and over again.

I tried an old solution from this forum which required creating a folder on my desktop and running a terminal command, and nothin.

os x el capitan 10.11.16 imac

You need to for screenshot.
I also can not open files int he "fxpansion download file".
I would like to see your screenshot.Thanks :oops: I want to compare.
"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it."
"My acoustic system!" 8)

Return to “BFD3”