BFD3: Content Download Issues - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD3: Content Download Issues

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

jimk

Postby jimk » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:11 am

I am using WIN 8 and IE 10 to try and download the content ticket to be used in the installer.....

NADA, same issue as others, TXT of file opens in an IE window... useless.... so

I went to my iMAC and logged into my account and downloaded the TICKET there... BINGO... copied to a flash drive, from the flash driver to the DAW PC and into the installer...

Made sure the FILE OPTIONS pointed to the directory of the copied download ticket file... then went to PRODUCTS, OPEN DOWNLOAD TICKET and it finally started the download!!!!!

LIke I said, I am on WIN 8 and IE10 and perhaps the download function doesn't save a file from the website. I am not a techie and perhaps there is a setting in IE10 that would have downloaded this file but my workaround did the trick.

I have about 5 hours to go to download the content (37.9 GB) at 2346 KB/sec.... good thing MNF is on tonight... off to watch the game and check the download at half time.

I posted this for others that were having the same issue..... GO TO ANOTHER COMPUTER on the INTERNET and try downloading the CONTENT TICKET on that machine.

GOOD LUCK and I hope I was able to help you get around this problem.

JK

bashmentality

Postby bashmentality » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:17 am

Use Firefox and it works fine. IE can't deal with unknown file extensions.
The four most important plug-ins for music production:
VSTtalent v6.7
VSTexperience v2.5
VSTknowlege v8.3
VSTgoldenears v4.1
;-)

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:24 am

IE10 is opening the file as an XML file... in IE10 click on the cog in the top right of the screen and select File -> Save As... and save as type TXT.

Once downloaded rename the file (remove the .txt) and use that in License Manager

Rail

jimk

Postby jimk » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:33 am

Thanks for the tip, RAIL..... can't wait to hear the new drum kits in BFD3 in my own DAW (they sound good in the demos)......

Any chance of taking some older product and re-editng them for BFD3? Like the AJ (RIP brother) kits?

Thanks again,
Jim

jord

Postby jord » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:44 am

There's nothing wrong with the PS Packs as they are. They're just fine in BFD3.

One doesn't fix what isn't broken.

jord
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

patton35

Postby patton35 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:14 am

thanks guys ...its seems that it is indeed an internet explorer issue stopping meeting the download ticket so I used my apple mac and it worked fine

neilwilkes

Postby neilwilkes » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:32 am

Platinum Samples wrote:IE10 is opening the file as an XML file... in IE10 click on the cog in the top right of the screen and select File -> Save As... and save as type TXT.

Once downloaded rename the file (remove the .txt) and use that in License Manager

Rail

FireFox downloads nothing at all - to download the content the License Manager must be used, and it seems incapable of getting an uncorrupted installer downloaded. I have tried and tried and tried, and even when I eventually got the download complete (over 14 hours last night this took) the installer fails because it is corrupted.
At least, the error message tells me the installer .exe file/module is corrupt.
Probably caused by the constant stop/start of the download via the manager.

rak

download stops displaying 99%

Postby rak » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:57 am

I think I've just completed the core audio download after 12 hours...

the downloader displays 99%... time remaining:unknown , download speed ?
downloaded 37.9/37.9 GB

waiting for 10 min.... nothing changes/ no further activity to take it to 100%!

Am I done with the download or is something wrong?

thanks,rak
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:03 am

Rak, try closing it and re-opening LM and then going to the download page (you wont lose any data)

rak

Postby rak » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:18 am

ok, did just that ... and it seems alright!

thanks for your reply!

regards,rak
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sharpy_fx

Download Ticket Issues

Postby sharpy_fx » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:19 am

Hi everyone, apologies for the teething problems with the ticket download in certain browsers.

If you head to the BFD3 downloads area, we have now added in a link in the instructions at the top of the page, so that you can right-click and "save as" the file needed: BFD3_Core_Library.fxfdownload

Stadank0

Postby Stadank0 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:37 am

The installer is crashing consistently at about 20%. I've managed to download the full installer twice and still the same result.

Running Windows 7 64bit. Had other issues but got them all resolved. Only thing left is this installer. Anyone else having crashing problems?

Thanks
Frank

Stadank0

Postby Stadank0 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:44 am

The installer is crashing consistently at about 20%. I've managed to download the full installer twice and still the same result.

Running Windows 7 64bit. Had other issues but got them all resolved. Only thing left is this installer. Anyone else having crashing problems?

Thanks
Frank

Sorry I hit the back button. dammit....

neilwilkes

Postby neilwilkes » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:47 am

franko950 wrote:The installer is crashing consistently at about 20%. I've managed to download the full installer twice and still the same result.

Exactly the same problem here, Frank - the downloaded installer keeps crashing (at 14-15% here though - never gets to 20%)

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:52 am

Hey chaps, with the crashes, is your computer or hard disk falling to sleep? Sometimes Windows will make them go to sleep if they think they're not in use. That's one thing to check. Another thing to check is the size of the resulting data folder. Check it in Windows explorer and keep a look at the size of it to see if it continues to go up. If it does, then the installer is still working but the progress bar isn't updating - which is a different thing to a crash.

If you could check here as well:
C:\Program Files (x86)\FXpansion\BFD3 Core Library Installer

And attach the logs to this thread, I can take a look and see what is going on with it.

Return to “BFD3”