BFD2--->BFD3 conversion

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

etto

BFD2--->BFD3 conversion

Postby etto » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Hi guys,
I know you're quite busy :)
First of all I've downloaded and installed everything with no issues and also tried BFD3 'on the fly'.
WOW great work, now I'll start to dig in a little.

I then added all my previous libraries and converted them but I've encountered a problem on 'Percussion' add on and internal 'Metronome'.

Should I just delete the 'Info.xml' file and let BFD3 recreate it? Or will it be an updated patch?

I paste here my error log after complete scan and conversion for you to check:

Explore: Warning: pack at /Volumes/Sounds/BFD2/Audio/Metronomes/Blip/Info.xml has no library tag. Will attempt to convert anyway.
Explore: Warning: pack at /Volumes/Sounds/BFD2/Audio/Metronomes/Clav 1/Info.xml has no library tag. Will attempt to convert anyway.
Explore: Warning: pack at /Volumes/Sounds/BFD2/Audio/Metronomes/Clav 2/Info.xml has no library tag. Will attempt to convert anyway.
Explore: Warning: pack at /Volumes/Sounds/BFD2/Audio/Metronomes/Cowbell 1/Info.xml has no library tag. Will attempt to convert
anyway.
Explore: Warning: pack at /Volumes/Sounds/BFD2/Audio/Metronomes/Cowbell 2/Info.xml has no library tag. Will attempt to convert
anyway.
Explore: Warning: pack at /Volumes/Sounds/BFD2/Audio/Metronomes/Snap/Info.xml has no library tag. Will attempt to convert anyway.
Explore: Warning: pack at /Volumes/Sounds/BFD2/Audio/Metronomes/Stick/Info.xml has no library tag. Will attempt to convert anyway.
Explore: Warning: pack at /Volumes/Sounds/BFD2/Audio/Metronomes/Blip/Info.xml has no library tag. Will attempt to convert anyway.
Explore: Warning: pack at /Volumes/Sounds/BFD2/Audio/Metronomes/Clav 1/Info.xml has no library tag. Will attempt to convert anyway.
Explore: Warning: pack at /Volumes/Sounds/BFD2/Audio/Metronomes/Clav 2/Info.xml has no library tag. Will attempt to convert anyway.
Explore: Warning: pack at /Volumes/Sounds/BFD2/Audio/Metronomes/Cowbell 1/Info.xml has no library tag. Will attempt to convert
anyway.
Explore: Warning: pack at /Volumes/Sounds/BFD2/Audio/Metronomes/Cowbell 2/Info.xml has no library tag. Will attempt to convert
anyway.
Explore: Warning: pack at /Volumes/Sounds/BFD2/Audio/Metronomes/Snap/Info.xml has no library tag. Will attempt to convert anyway.
Explore: Warning: pack at /Volumes/Sounds/BFD2/Audio/Metronomes/Stick/Info.xml has no library tag. Will attempt to convert anyway.
Convert: Failed to patch info: /Volumes/Sounds/Percussion/Audio/PER Ashiko v2.1/Snare/Info.xml
Convert: Failed to patch info: /Volumes/Sounds/Percussion/Audio/PER Bongos LP v2.1/Tom Hi/Info.xml
Convert: Failed to patch info: /Volumes/Sounds/Percussion/Audio/PER Bongos LP v2.1/Tom Mid/Info.xml
Convert: Failed to patch info: /Volumes/Sounds/Percussion/Audio/PER Bongos Ludwig v2.1/Tom Hi/Info.xml
Convert: Failed to patch info: /Volumes/Sounds/Percussion/Audio/PER Bongos Ludwig v2.1/Tom Mid/Info.xml
Convert: Failed to patch info: /Volumes/Sounds/Percussion/Audio/PER Djembe v2.1/Snare/Info.xml
=== CONVERSION ERRORS ===
Failed to patch info: /Volumes/Sounds/Percussion/Audio/PER Ashiko v2.1/Snare/Info.xml
Failed to patch info: /Volumes/Sounds/Percussion/Audio/PER Bongos LP v2.1/Tom Hi/Info.xml
Failed to patch info: /Volumes/Sounds/Percussion/Audio/PER Bongos LP v2.1/Tom Mid/Info.xml
Failed to patch info: /Volumes/Sounds/Percussion/Audio/PER Bongos Ludwig v2.1/Tom Hi/Info.xml
Failed to patch info: /Volumes/Sounds/Percussion/Audio/PER Bongos Ludwig v2.1/Tom Mid/Info.xml
Failed to patch info: /Volumes/Sounds/Percussion/Audio/PER Djembe v2.1/Snare/Info.xml
=========================
IMac 27" 2.8GHz 16GB ram Mavericks
MacBookPro 15" 2.2GHz Duo 3GB ram Snow leopard
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.3GHz 2.5GB ram Leopard

http://soundcloud.com/edc-4
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC4289A53FE3A4807

rak

Postby rak » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:51 pm

btw: same here.... got similar warning for Platinum Samples Legends Gretsch kit and Metronom files

rak

Postby rak » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:51 pm

btw: same here.... got similar warning for Platinum Samples Legends Gretsch kit and Metronom files

jord

Postby jord » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:02 pm

Metronome is normal... they're not BFD2 libraries.

Looks like your PER pack needs to be updated. Ensure that you have installed the latest patches and then try to rescan/convert them again.

jord
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

etto

Postby etto » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:24 pm

Thank you for the quick reply jord but the only version I have in my download section is version 1.0.0.0, the one I'm using. It seems it has never been updated..

wrightstuffmusic

Where do you access BFD2 Kits then?

Postby wrightstuffmusic » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:09 am

I had the same issues above and then did as was instructed.
But, where can I find the BFD2 kits? I can access the drums but not the kits? Taiko in particular?

etto

Postby etto » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:17 am

Mmh didn't work for me..
Today is even worse: I can see all paths in the setup window but they don't appear in the library menus. THe only thing I did after installing BFD3 was to open a song in logicX using BFD2; then I opened BFD3 in the same song to give it a try and I discovered this thing.. Closed logic, opened BFD3 stand alone, rescanned paths, changed filter in the library (all/BFD3) but nothing changed. Restarted the computer just to be sure.. nothing..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:22 am

Etto, bear in mind that classically packs did not install presets into the audio locations. So if you're adding them and expecting presets and kits to show up, you're probably not going to see any!! They exist in the system folders, but if you've erased your main system drive at any point in the past, then all that stuff will be gone.

Those percussion files look like a BFD2.1 fix that got put out at some point. I'll have to check that out here and get back to you.

etto

Postby etto » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:29 am

Ok, but yesterday, after installing the new paths and converting them, beside the problem I posted about percussion, I was able to see at least the original BFD2 Kits. After your post I'm not sure about the Presets, even if I think I saw them, but I'm absolutely sure about the Kits.

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:47 am

Hmm. Can you find them on disk and see if you have BFD3 versions of them now as well??

wrightstuffmusic

Accessing BF2 Libraries etc

Postby wrightstuffmusic » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:06 am

What I had to do was using the File Menu add each individual KIT - one by one!
It took ages but it worked.

I got my KITS from macHD > Library > App Support > FXpansion > BFD2 > System > Kits

Once added they were all present and accounted for :) Percussion and Taiko Included.

I then used the File Menu to add all presets.
I got my presets from macHD > Library > App Support > FXpansion > BFD2 > System > Presets
(luckily I could add all of these in one go)

Hope you get it working soon.
I am still getting to know the new interface.

etto

Postby etto » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:25 am

Thanx wrightstuffmusic.
I have them in the same locations: one folder for BFD2 and one for BFD3; in the BFD3 preset folder there are only BFD3 ones not BFD2 converted.

Drew, not sure if is important but I'm using the last official 2.3.0.38 version, not the last beta.
Thank you.

jord

Postby jord » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:02 pm

May be best to post the conversion log to see if there's anything that catches anyone's eyes.

jord
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:08 pm

Sorry, what I meant was find your BFD2 PRESETS and see if there are any BFD3 equivalents next to them.

qzic

BFD2 kits not showing up in BFD3 kit browser

Postby qzic » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:10 pm

Well I do see one BFD2 kit (DW) but the rest are missing. How can I fix this? I do see my BFD1, BFD PER kits also.
Sys1: Win 7 32, P4 3GHz, 2G RAM
Sys2: Win 7 x64, I7 2.85GHz, 12G RAM
EchoFire 8, MBox2.
Apps: Reaper (latest). BFD3.0.2.6, BFD2 2.3.1.6, BFD 1.5, BFD Per + numerous expansion packs, Adobe Audition 3.0 & CC, PTools 10.x, Tracktion, Cubase SX,

Return to “BFD3”