Forum

FXpansion Forum

ATTENTION: Users whose content installer freezes!!

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

Drew_fx

ATTENTION: Users whose content installer freezes!!

Postby Drew_fx » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:19 pm

Hi everyone,

It has come to our attention that we have an issue with the content installer in that it sometimes freezes part way through. This seems to be an issue with our multi-threaded installer. There is a temporary fix you can do to get yourself up and running.

1. Download the zip attachment here.
2. Unzip it and copy the InstallScript.fis folder over the top of the older one you have which will sit here:
C:\users\YOUR USERNAME HERE\Downloads\FXpansion\BFD3 Core Library\Installer

(Or if you have a USB stick it will be: USBSTICK\BFD3 Core Library\Installer)

3. Run the installer now, and it shouldn't crash.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

neilwilkes

Postby neilwilkes » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:54 am

I think my issues were a corrupted installer, because I got the USB stick & ran it from there with no crashing during core library installation.
Everything is good here it seems

aahladas

Postby aahladas » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:25 am

I have the USB upgrade, froze the first time at 53%. I installed the fix above, and it froze at 81%. Trying again, it's been several hours now and no install.

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:59 am

aahladas wrote:I have the USB upgrade, froze the first time at 53%. I installed the fix above, and it froze at 81%. Trying again, it's been several hours now and no install.

System details?

Thanks,

Rail

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:03 am

aahladas wrote:I have the USB upgrade, froze the first time at 53%. I installed the fix above, and it froze at 81%. Trying again, it's been several hours now and no install.

Did your computer fall asleep at all??

aahladas

Postby aahladas » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:59 pm

Drew_fx wrote:

Did your computer fall asleep at all??

It didn't go into sleep mode, but it was going to a screen saver and lock screen. I disabled that and got it installed.

Lateo

Postby Lateo » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:07 am

Hello, a friend of mine who has just bought BFD 3 (and who isn't very fluent in English, so he won't be posting in these forums himself) has called me for help about a very similar problem: the downloader/installer has frozen at roughly 14% and it won't start again (when he tries to run the license manager, an error message is returned). I downloaded the attached content from the Original Post and translated the instructions for him: I will be reporting back soon, because I'm planning to upgrade to BF3 myself soon, and I would like to avoid similar issues if possible. Disrupting the download of 38 GBs of samples can be quite annoying to say the least.

Thanks in advance.

rockwoodcolin

Content install failing

Postby rockwoodcolin » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:31 pm

This directory was not created:
C:\users\YOUR USERNAME HERE\Downloads\FXpansion\BFD3 Core Library\Installer

I downloaded to an external disk and the BFD3_Core_Library_Win is there but there is no filed called "InstallScript.fis" in that directory.
BFD3 is installed and running but I can't install the content as the installer quits. It does not even get to 1% before failing.
The disk I'm installing to has all my VST installs on it including BFD2, so I know the disk is okay.

IainPetrie

Postby IainPetrie » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:40 pm

Is this the same as the library installer?
It has been painfully slow (took 2 days to complete) and it says 217 files not installed correctly.
I have clicked the remove button, and its saying 'removing package, please wait'. and at the bottom right the progress bar is 'number of downloads:1 | Downloaded 3.9/37gb and appears to be frozen. im not sure what to do from here...
many thanks
iain petrie

IainPetrie

Postby IainPetrie » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:14 pm

Ok, i removed the current download by restarting my computer, and then downloading the updated core library download. it has frozen on 89% this time. after a day. i have no sleep or display sleep settings on and internet has been working fine all day.
Please let me know what to do. Perhaps a usb installation may be more successful?
cheers
iain Petrie

nyxsoftware

bfd3 wont download content

Postby nyxsoftware » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:28 am

same problem as many...the new script solves nothing...installs at 2400k modem speed and then just stops...latest computer...brand i7...maxed out memory...ssd drives...when can we expect a fixed installer or a better download method??????????????????????????????????????????????????

nyxsoftware

Lateo

Postby Lateo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:03 am

Quoting Drew_FX: "This seems to be an issue with our multi-threaded installer"

If you have the opportunity of downloading the Core Library onto an older computer (and by older I mean with an older processor, not too recent like the new 4930K series by Intel) and then transfer the downloaded content onto the new computer, you might have a chance; otherwise, I'm afraid you can only wait for a solution from FXpansion. We all are in the same boat.

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:48 am

Guys,

Please don't post reports of inaccurate or failed DOWNLOADS in this thread. This thread is ONLY relevant once you have the content downloaded.

nyxsoftware wrote:same problem as many...the new script solves nothing...installs at 2400k modem speed and then just stops...latest computer...brand i7...maxed out memory...ssd drives...when can we expect a fixed installer or a better download method??????????????????????????????????????????????????

nyxsoftware

I don't understand what you mean. Can you please clarify?

dkgross

Postby dkgross » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:35 am

Ok…My USB didn't even make it to 1% before crashing and ejecting.. I downloaded the new InstallScript.fls, BUT, the Sharing and Permissions on the USB folder says Read Only, and will not let me copy the new file to the Installer Folder.

uhm… Help please. :)

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:32 am

Make sure you're logged in as admin

Rail

Return to “BFD3”