Forum

FXpansion Forum

ATTENTION: Users whose content installer freezes!!

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

ttickner

BFD3 download freeze

Postby ttickner » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:41 pm

Frozen at 89% download !
took 15 hours
really ?
you guys couldn't have figured this out ?
before you sold us faulty software ?
so what now ?
i'm on a iMac running 10.8.5 on very fast internet
if this is the hassle just to DOWNLOAD , can't wait for fun of using the ACTUAL PRGM.
I just paid a $170 upgrade to spend hours trying to fix this.
TT

ttickner

support tickets

Postby ttickner » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:55 pm

OH, and another thing….
you're support tickets don't work !

I'm really glad I only upgrade BFD every 5 yrs.

HOW DO WE DOWNLOAD OUR CONTENT ?

bflatcat

the workaround for poor installer doesn't work

Postby bflatcat » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:55 am

SO they tell us to download a new installer to work around the old installer, which freezes (at least on my Intel mac running 10.8.5. But after unzipping the file, it simply shows up as a non-executable file. What the hell am I supposed to do now? I'll be stopping payment until you people figure this out.

bflatcat

ANd now I can't login after copying the workaround file per this forum

Postby bflatcat » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:58 am

Come on guys, get it together.

BurnWitchBurn

Installer crashing for two days. Tried all solutions posted here.

Postby BurnWitchBurn » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:51 pm

Drew_fx wrote:Hi everyone,
It has come to our attention that we have an issue with the content installer in that it sometimes freezes part way through. This seems to be an issue with our multi-threaded installer. There is a temporary fix you can do to get yourself up and running.

Waiting two days now for an answer from tech support. Installer got to about 90% downloaded and crashed. I've installed the InstallScript.fis in the correct place. I restart the process both from the download ticket and from the License Manager. It crashes on the scan of already downloaded files.

Has anyone had this error and been able to find a solution? Please tell us. I'm on an intel Mac Os 10.7.

Note: The software itself runs. But only the demo Kit and grooves are there. Not all mics available. Within the downloaded files, the core drums are visible. Not sure if there are missing files, but they don't work in the software. BFD3 sees the kits (in the list), but doesn't load them.

Fxpansion: I seem to have downloaded all but the last 8 or 9 gigs. Is there a way you could send me the rest? What is in that last 10 gigs? Is it kits and grooves or partial files from various things? What am I missing?

I have been waiting patiently for an answer from tech support. But if this issue is not solved, I will go to Paypal with a complaint that I want at least part of my money back. Please help. We want to use your software with the real kits and grooves. Give us what you promised. At least answer the tech support ticket. Come on.

BurnWitchBurn

Follow up: Downloaded 100% tips (perhaps)

Postby BurnWitchBurn » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:57 pm

On Mac ox 10.7
On day 5, I've managed to download the core files. Perhaps it was coincidental, but if it helps anyone else, here is what I did.

After several restarts / crashes of the License Manager / Core Audio Downloader over the course of days (and trying at different times of day) and not getting past the "scan of already downloaded files"... and after trying several suggestions from forum members...

I decided to copy the downloaded files to another drive and delete the partially downloaded package (and from trash), and start over. This is normally counterproductive, since the installer scans for downloaded data and picks up where it last crashed. Since tech support couldn't help (after 3 days I got a stock answer. Seems like they didn't read my email.) -- I took a chance on starting over.

This worked. The first download went to about 90% and crashed. Restarted / crashed / restarted about 4 times and after a restart of the computer, it finally finished.

The downloader is a resource hog. Don't do anything else on your computer. Disable hard drive sleep and screen saver. This download was done on a Saturday midday European time. Perhaps that played a role.

If you're reading this post and haven't bought BFD3 yet, I would suggest ordering the USB Stick. I read the forum before I bought and rolled the dice thinking I might get lucky and not encounter the download problems, but I "crapped out".

If you do the download, prepare to spend some time on this. This forum will be about the only help. Tech support is weak in this regard.

BurnWitchBurn

Follow up post full install including core audio.

Postby BurnWitchBurn » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:34 am

I had a couple of issues and this time tech support was quite attentive and helpful. My follow up questions were answered almost immediately the same day. They got me to where I wanted to get. They get a thumbs up.

If you're thinking about buying this product: get the stick.

cristo

Postby cristo » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:42 am

this is ridiculous. been trying to install the core library for 5 days... now working with Kontakt so i don t lose more work. i really hope you guys find some way to "make up" with your customers.

ok, finally managed to have all my grooves and sounds working... took me awhile..

Bristol_Jonesey

Postby Bristol_Jonesey » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:06 pm

Same message here.

Installation freezes at 89%

This is on an older i7950 with 24Gb of RAM - no computer/screen sleep.
Sonar X1c Expanded, BFD2, TRacks3, Adam P11A's, Saffire Pro26, Various guitars, Amps & Fx

Bristol_Jonesey

Postby Bristol_Jonesey » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:20 pm

I'd like to add, has this issue been fixed since the last poster before me on Feb 15th?

If so, I see no reference to it anywhere on the forum, but it's odd nobody has logged this for 19 days apart from me.
Sonar X1c Expanded, BFD2, TRacks3, Adam P11A's, Saffire Pro26, Various guitars, Amps & Fx

Monte32

Postby Monte32 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:05 am

Windows 7 .

Downloaded and installed software.
Ran the usb content.
Didn't move from 0%
Copied and replaced the file as per thread.
Now installing fine.

TM

Postby TM » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:10 pm

Hello all,

Seems that this issue is supposed to be fixed but I'm running into the same kind of troubles.
I'm trying to install from the USB stick but installation is stuck to 0%.... (I've downloaded and installed the software previous to content installation).
I've seen the post about downloading a new script and replacing the old one on the stick but I can't since the stick is a NTFS volume and Read only. And yes, I'm logged as administrator...
Any idea?...

Thanks

Mat

TM

Postby TM » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:49 pm

Well, same guy, some hours later.
I've tried copying the whole USB stick onto one of my drives, replaced the Script file and installation is in progress...
Hope it won't crash.

TM

Postby TM » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:03 pm

(talking to myself)
It worked.

Basjoe

Postby Basjoe » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:33 pm

Installing from USB. The installer GUI froze at 6%, but the copying is continuing, and I'm monitoring it under File Manager. It's now 2.5 hours since the installation began and it has just started copying kit 7.

Should I stop it and start again using the zip file indicated at the beginning of this thread, or should I wait and see. If I wait and see, how can I convince myself that the copy was 100% successful ?

Best Regards

Basjoe

Return to “BFD3”