Forum

FXpansion Forum

People having trouble seeing their expansion packs inside BFD3

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

Drew_BFDTeam

People having trouble seeing their expansion packs inside BFD3

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:53 pm

All you need to do to see your expansion packs in BFD3 is add them as a data-path in the contents locations panel. If this isn't working, please do the following:

1. Re-add the paths.
2. Rescan all the paths.
3. Click the 'view log'
4. Copy the log out into a TXT file.
5. Save TXT file and upload here along with a full description of what the problem is that you are seeing.

This will enable us to see if there is a common thread which we've overlooked, hopefully leading to a fix!
Last edited by Drew_BFDTeam on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

etto

Postby etto » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:56 pm

After scanning Percussion's folder path I get a conversion error.
After that I can access from the main Drums library menu to 132 pieces and 78 grooves from the Grooves menu. I attach complete log, error log and a screenshot of the info after path conversion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IMac 27" 2.8GHz 16GB ram Mavericks
MacBookPro 15" 2.2GHz Duo 3GB ram Snow leopard
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.3GHz 2.5GB ram Leopard

http://soundcloud.com/edc-4
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC4289A53FE3A4807

fishmonkey

Postby fishmonkey » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:00 am

depending on the expansion pack, kits and presets are not necessary found when simply scanning the content folder though, right?

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:29 am

fishmonkey wrote:depending on the expansion pack, kits and presets are not necessary found when simply scanning the content folder though, right?

Depends on if you've put the kits+presets in there. Traditionally we store them inside Program Files, which can be an issue when people format and re-install their operating system, because they then lose all of that extra data.

BFD3 *will* now find all that auxillary content in other locations too, as long as you add the data-path.

fishmonkey

Postby fishmonkey » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:57 am

hi Drew, thanks for the reply.

i'm on OS X, and, for example, to get the kits for BFD Percussion i needed to manually import them from /Library/Application Support/FXpansion/BFD2/Kits.

should i move the kits and presets from the Application Support folder to the BFD Percussion folder than contains the samples, etc?

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:03 am

It wouldn't hurt if you wished to do that. That's how I have it setup on my home machine! Make sure you rescan afterwards.

fishmonkey

Postby fishmonkey » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:09 am

ok. one more thing, when you say BFD3 will find all the auxiliary content when you add the data-path, which data-paths are you talking about? are you saying that i should add my BFD2 Application Support folder?

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:11 am

No I mean if you had a folder full of presets somewhere on your system, and you added it.. it would find those presets. Previously BFD2 would not do that.

fishmonkey

Postby fishmonkey » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:11 am

oh, and one other confusing thing: my imported kits appear alongside the BFD3 kits in the BFD3 Application Support folder. however my imported presets do not appear in the BFD3 presets folder, although they do appear in the BFD3 browser. where did they end up? is BFD3 just referencing the original copies in the BFD2 Application Support folder?

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:15 am

Yes it references the exact same files. It doesn't covert them over to a BFD3 file format.

fishmonkey

Postby fishmonkey » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:26 am

thanks, that has cleared up the main installation mysteries!

i think it would be helpful for lots of people if this stuff was documented clearly somewhere though, although i can understand that you guys must be under the hammer at the moment...

marcus c

missing kits.

Postby marcus c » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:42 pm

I've scanned,re-scanned my BFD folder and I've still got loads of missing content.

I purchased Jim Scott 70's pack today and I can see it in the kit's folder from windows explorer but BFD 3 doesn't see it at all.

I will add this is a new machine and I took my BFD drive from my old machine.

Re-reading the above, IF some of my presets were in the program files(god knows why) how do I get them back as I've formatted my drive and re installed on my new machine?

Marcus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kenk52

Missing BFD 1 & 2 samples in BFD 3

Postby kenk52 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:40 am

Long time BFD 1, 2 user. Frustrated with BFD 3 migration. Most if not all BFD 1 and a lot of BFD 2 and Expansion Pack kits missing when attempted to access from BFD 3. Yes, Tried all manner of rescanning and path updates with NO success. Tried conversion no luck. VERY messy installation process. Quite surprised it's this buggy :evil: What gives. Wasting WAY too much time on this. Maybe I shoulda gone another route.

bigdb

BFD 3 not finding presets and expansion packs

Postby bigdb » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:43 am

Have been playing with BFD 3 for months and have had minimal luck getting all my content in. From this forum, it appears that I am not the only one. I have rescanned data paths, scanned my whole machine, and at best have manually found old BFD 1 content and brought some of that over. This is a messy process. Would reinstallation of BFD 3 be of any help, or would I loose all my effort to this point?

daleBFD

Re: Missing BFD 1 & 2 samples in BFD 3

Postby daleBFD » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:05 am

kenk52 wrote:Long time BFD 1, 2 user. Frustrated with BFD 3 migration. Most if not all BFD 1 and a lot of BFD 2 and Expansion Pack kits missing when attempted to access from BFD 3. Yes, Tried all manner of rescanning and path updates with NO success. Tried conversion no luck. VERY messy installation process. Quite surprised it's this buggy :evil: What gives. Wasting WAY too much time on this. Maybe I shoulda gone another route.

Having the same problems and having the same frustrations. I had to manually import each sub-folder of BFD2/Grooves for them to all show up (some directory recursion issue) but I've and zero luck getting my BFD2 presets into BFD3. I spend far too much time trying to get the software working rather than using it.

Return to “BFD3”