Why does all my BFD3 presets occurs twice in preset list? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Why does all my BFD3 presets occurs twice in preset list?

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

stigc56

Postby stigc56 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:39 am

:?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jord

Postby jord » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:02 pm

Post a screen shot of your content setup window. The answer probably lies there.

My guess is that it may contain a folder and a drive containing that folder.

jord
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

anabkemeir

Postby anabkemeir » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:21 pm

For whatever reason, you have presets located in more than one place. Be sure to click the little i button, to show preset info at the bottom left. Click on the preset to highlight it. Scroll to the bottom of the frame of the info window, it lists the location of the preset. You can then go to the content locations and uncheck that location so as not to use the location, be sure to rescan all content paths. You could also delete the presets/folders in the OS and rescan all content paths. Same as for duplicate kits/grooves etc........

stigc56

Postby stigc56 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:34 pm

Sorry I just realized that I haven't answered this reply. It was quite true, the thing about the folder appearing twice. Finally I got everything to work the way it should. :D

thinwire

Postby thinwire » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:41 pm

I've got the same problem, loads of duplicates. Whether it be, kits or presets. Plus the only grooves visible now are BFD3. Basically i'm in a complete pickle. Anyone know the best and easiest form of attack on this? Cos it's really confusing. My fault i'm sure. Is it best to delete some folders (except audio content obviously) and start again?

Thanks,

Graham
Macbook Pro 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB, OSX 10.9.2, REAPER v4.611/64

jord

Postby jord » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:53 pm

thinwire wrote:I've got the same problem, loads of duplicates. Whether it be, kits or presets. Plus the only grooves visible now are BFD3. Basically i'm in a complete pickle. Anyone know the best and easiest form of attack on this? Cos it's really confusing. My fault i'm sure. Is it best to delete some folders (except audio content obviously) and start again?

My guess is that you scanned a folder and the drive that contains that folder. On the Mac, this will result in two different file paths leading to the same location as the drives show up under the /Volumes path. If this is what you did, then remove that folder from the content search and rescan.

jord
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

thinwire

Postby thinwire » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:23 am

Thanks for the responses guys. Jord, i think you're probably right. I may have done this, although.. I've cleared the content and started again. If I rescan drives it picks up lots of folders and seems to make dupes, I manually deleted some BFD1 kits and that part is sorted. Currently it doesn't find BFD2 grooves and kits. According to the path it says they're in Library/Application Support/fxpansion/BFD2.

I also now have "temp_(number)_(number)" presets in the browser!. There is a 'temp' folder in the directory I mentioned above. What are these?

This doesn't look like it's going to be straight forward.

Currently I have: x30 BFD3 kits, only x1 BFD2 kit (which is actually a BFD1.5 kit in 1.5's folder!) and x6 BFD1.5 kits (notice the 6 should be 7 kits but it thinks its a BFD2 kit). So basically, no BFD2 kits even after i've selected the Add BFD2 Paths button.

It's hard to keep track! Sorry if it's confusing. Almost wished i'd stuck with BFD2. Such a brain ache :-s Upgrading from BFD1 - 2 wasn't like this. :(
Macbook Pro 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB, OSX 10.9.2, REAPER v4.611/64

bosshoss66

Postby bosshoss66 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:34 am

The same thing has happened to me. I've tried the suggested fixes, but they don't work. Once the duplicate presets have registered, there's no way of removing them. I have even uninstalled the entire BF3D program and re-installed it and all of the audio data, but the duplicates are still there. They don't stop the program from working, but they are annoying.

bosshoss66

Postby bosshoss66 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:19 am

Well I have a solution.

Go to Tools->Set Up Content Locations. Click Remove All Content. Then click "Search Folder" and select the folder containing your content. Hopefully you will end up with just one copy of the presets instead of multiples. It worked for me!

Return to “BFD3”