Moderator: Moderators

Drew_BFDTeam

Feature Requests

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi all!

Please put your feature requests here. No promises! :wink:

greg.montano@gmail.com

Postby greg.montano@gmail.com » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:21 pm

I'd like a way to tag presets, kits, and pieces without needing to edit the xml files. Every time i tweak a preset, I need to go back and edit the xml file.
Yamaha DTX 900
BFD 3 w/most expansion packs
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 3770k
Gigabyte mobo
16 gig RAM
Cubase Pro 8.5.0
Studio One Pro 3.1
RME UFX

greg.montano@gmail.com

Postby greg.montano@gmail.com » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi Steve,

I mean tag them with the library name so they don't show up under "user." I have almost of the expansion packs and I like to be able to look at the presets by library. For example group presets by Evil Drums, Sonic Reality Nick Mason, Jim Scott Drums, etc. Make sense?

Greg
Yamaha DTX 900
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 3770k
Gigabyte mobo
16 gig RAM
Cubase Pro 8.5.0
Studio One Pro 3.1
RME UFX

greg.montano@gmail.com

Postby greg.montano@gmail.com » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:02 am

+1 on the expandable menu system

Also I am sure it's been requested before but just to get it in this thread it would be great to be able to group kit pieces and change settings on multiple drums at once. For example, change the feed to the ambient mics for all the toms, etc.
Yamaha DTX 900
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 3770k
Gigabyte mobo
16 gig RAM
Cubase Pro 8.5.0
Studio One Pro 3.1
RME UFX

greg.montano@gmail.com

Postby greg.montano@gmail.com » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:09 pm

As an edrummer - I would love an advanced metronome that I could easily set to play back various subdivisions such as 1/4, 1/8. 1/16, 1/32, triplets, sextuplets, etc. to practice to.
Yamaha DTX 900
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 3770k
Gigabyte mobo
16 gig RAM
Cubase Pro 8.5.0
Studio One Pro 3.1
RME UFX

jord

Postby jord » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:02 pm

One thing that I have continually been asking for is the ability to save all of my KPI settings without the kit piece itself. This way, I can take that set of KPI settings and apply them to a different kit piece. It often gets redundant having to re-create the same settings across all my toms, for instance. Would also love to be able to copy and paste individual or entire KPI settings.

Another thing that I would LOVE to have is type of groove system that is now available in EZDrummer2. I hate to say it but it has a real monster way of taking grooves and changing them around real simply, as well as adding probabilities of extra hits and ghost notes. It alone is miles ahead of anything I've used. Even better, IMHO, is combining it with how Logic Pro X handles its Drummer tracks in that you can dial in fills and adjust the complexities and even have it follow your audio (that would be HUGE, IMHO). These days, I find that I am using these two things for quick drum track creation and then having BFD3 play the created track out of Logic.

jord
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

mickgormaley

Postby mickgormaley » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:43 pm

I'm going to have a lot of these... at some point I'll consolidate into one big old list

1. Pitch envelope. AD2 has it and it's great. Add it as a plug-in?

2. "Remove unused articulations", by drum or globally to speed up load times and lower overhead.

3. Include at least 6 Toms in every kit. Even if people don't use them all, it will still give you a bigger range to choose from. I use 6 always, it's how my Trapkat is set up. Tuning up or down sometimes doesn't cut it.

4. Include a "toolkit" of useful noise samples to layer with other drums. White noise crashes, etc...
Even better; build an "Analog Drum" plugin that be added to any channel (start with the old SDSV drum synth), or perhaps a scaled down version of Tremor. Or how about linking BFD and Tremor.

5. Default setup page that sets up defaults for all drum parameters.

6. The ability to import complete drums/channels from other kits (like "import tracks" in Pro Tools). This may already be possible, I'm not sure...

that's it for now...

mickgormaley

Postby mickgormaley » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:44 pm

I can remove articulations manually, which is what I do, but I don't think there is a global command that does this by drum or kit automatically.

gaheba

Mixer Channel gain defaults

Postby gaheba » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:31 am

In preferences, I have set the direct channels, the OH channel and the ambient channel defaults to -6.
But this also sets the Master Stereo out to -6.
I would like the option to keep the master out at unity, ie 0. Maybe an option to link or unlink the master default to the direct or amient defaults? Or simply as its own preference option.

doublestrokeroll

Postby doublestrokeroll » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:43 pm

Since I never really got a response that corrected my problem of why some of the BFD3 drums play so differently on my roland TD9 (ie some play perfectly and others are way to quiet or have articulations that are way to hot compared to other articulations)......

My feature request is to have a dynamics dial (like was on the kit page on BFD2) for EACH articulation. I loved that dial on BFD2 cause I could "reign in" a hot drum and make it playable on the ekit. (or boost one that seemed unresponsive) But it still wasn't perfect cause it couldn't be specified for each articulation.

For example right now whenever I load the Tama bell brass snare the rimshots are super loud even with the lightest touch where the regular hits sound normal. It's not the settings on my module cause all the platinum samples snares play perfectly with no variance issues.

The current BFD3 set up is even worse because the dynamics dial is tied to the range and curve.....I can see how that loudness panel is useful...but having independent dynamic control over each articulation would be bloody wonderful.

Pretty please?

doublestrokeroll

Postby doublestrokeroll » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:47 pm

purtington wrote:
doublestrokeroll wrote:Since I never really got a response that corrected my problem of why some of the BFD3 drums play so differently on my roland TD9 (ie some play perfectly and others are way to quiet or have articulations that are way to hot compared to other articulations)......

My feature request is to have a dynamics dial (like was on the kit page on BFD2) for EACH articulation. I loved that dial on BFD2 cause I could "reign in" a hot drum and make it playable on the ekit. (or boost one that seemed unresponsive) But it still wasn't perfect cause it couldn't be specified for each articulation.

For example right now whenever I load the Tama bell brass snare the rimshots are super loud even with the lightest touch where the regular hits sound normal. It's not the settings on my module cause all the platinum samples snares play perfectly with no variance issues.

The current BFD3 set up is even worse because the dynamics dial is tied to the range and curve.....I can see how that loudness panel is useful...but having independent dynamic control over each articulation would be bloody wonderful.

Pretty please?

Isn't the dynamic knob in BFD2 for the kit piece and not the individual articulations?

In both BFD2 and BFD3 there is Artic Trim which as the name implies is for articulations.

Steve

yeah that's my point. It was great for adjusting the kit piece in a way that the new set up isn't cause it's now in the "loudness" section and tied to the other dials which change it's effect on the drum. But couldn't be applied to individual articulations.

That's what I want....a single dynamics dial that will control each articulation.

The trim isn't the same effect as dynamics. The trim just lowers volume...not sensitivity.

doublestrokeroll

Postby doublestrokeroll » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:24 am

purtington wrote:
That's what I want....a single dynamics dial that will control each articulation.

The trim isn't the same effect as dynamics. The trim just lowers volume...not sensitivity.

But my point was that you're wrong about the dynamic in BFD2 being for each individual articulation, it is NOT,
It is for each kit piece just as it is in BFD3. They are both the same.

Steve

Dude....I SAID that.....

you need to learn to read more carefully...

from the first post

"But it [BFD2] still wasn't perfect cause it couldn't be specified for each articulation."

And they are not the same because in BFD3 the Dynamic control is tied to the range and curve dials which have an effect as soon as you turn on the loudness button.

doublestrokeroll

Postby doublestrokeroll » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:07 pm

purtington wrote:
Dude....I SAID that.....

you need to learn to read more carefully...

from the first post

"But it [BFD2] still wasn't perfect cause it couldn't be specified for each articulation."

And they are not the same because in BFD3 the Dynamic control is tied to the range and curve dials which have an effect as soon as you turn on the loudness button.

My mistake so you did.

Although you'd also said "My feature request is to have a dynamics dial (like was on the kit page on BFD2) for EACH articulation. "

Not very clear Dude

Steve

Steve

I put that in brackets to mean independent of any other controls like it was in BFD2. Seems clear to me...but whatever.

I just hope they can do it. I think it would be very beneficial for all the e drummers out there.

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:11 am

Is the dynamics range knob not doing it for you? That knob should increase dynamics according to the curve value. IE: Set the curve knob to half way, and then increase the dynamics knob to around half way too.. now all of the articulations for the kitpiece should have increased dynamics. Use the kitpiece trim to decease or boost the overall level.

doublestrokeroll

Postby doublestrokeroll » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:50 pm

Drew_fx wrote:Is the dynamics range knob not doing it for you? That knob should increase dynamics according to the curve value. IE: Set the curve knob to half way, and then increase the dynamics knob to around half way too.. now all of the articulations for the kitpiece should have increased dynamics. Use the kitpiece trim to decease or boost the overall level.

Well there are kind of two issues. One is that having the dynamics control linked to the curve and range makes dialing in great play-ability way more difficult.....at least for me anyway. It was way easier in BFD2 to just raise or lower the dynamics dial without having to worry about adjusting other things as well. I understand that having those linked is useful in certain situations but for me I just want to adjust sensitivity and nothing else. Perhaps I'm not playing around with it enough....but I just found the old way more effective.

The second thing is that I don't want all the articulations adjusted the same. As I mentioned before.....one snare I have trouble with is the Tama Bell Brass.....the rim shots are always triggered WAY to loud compared to the regular hit. So if I'm playing some nice soft ghost notes and want a nice soft rim shot mixed in at some point.... I don't get it. I get a huge "CRACK". Just adjusting the trim doesn't really help because that's just volume...not sensitivity.

Having a dynamics dial attached to just the Tama Bell Brass rim shot would be ideal.

And the Mapleworks snares and the Mapex snare are virtually unusable for me on the e kit. Out of the box the dynamics level is sooo low on them. I've messed around with the loudness functions and got it better but it still doesn't feel right. Like when I have to add curve or whatever then I loose the even 1 to 1 feel. But if curve or range or whatever is not added the dynamics dial does not seem to be as effective.

I guess I just liked the simplicity of the BFD2 dynamics control but want it to be able to be applied to each articulation.

It's really weird, and kind of frustrating cause those are nice sounding kits. I don't get how all the platinum samples snares play absolutely perfectly right out of the box on my e kit with none of these issues. Which makes me think it has nothing to do with my system set up.

Return to “BFD3”