FXpansion Forum

Feature Requests

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

kafka

Re: Feature Request: Master Trim Knob

Postby kafka » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:35 pm

AshleySmith08 wrote:
kafka wrote:I'd like to see a master trim knob - not the master output gain, but a master trim. I still use those super hot BFD2/London kits a lot, and it would be nice to be able to trim all kit pieces down at the source instead of just at the output.

Have you clicked on the 'Tweaks' button in the mixer and adjusted the 'Preview' control on the Master channel? There are trims there also for each kit piece/sub groups.

As I said, the problem isn't output volume. The problem is that every channel red lines individually. I know I can change each trim individually. Otherwise, the kit would be completely unusuable. I'd like to back them all off at with one control so they're not all red lining.

AshleySmith08

Re: Feature Request: Master Trim Knob

Postby AshleySmith08 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:46 pm

kafka wrote:
AshleySmith08 wrote:
kafka wrote:I'd like to see a master trim knob - not the master output gain, but a master trim. I still use those super hot BFD2/London kits a lot, and it would be nice to be able to trim all kit pieces down at the source instead of just at the output.

Have you clicked on the 'Tweaks' button in the mixer and adjusted the 'Preview' control on the Master channel? There are trims there also for each kit piece/sub groups.

As I said, the problem isn't output volume. The problem is that every channel red lines individually. I know I can change each trim individually. Otherwise, the kit would be completely unusuable. I'd like to back them all off at with one control so they're not all red lining.

"Preview" adjusts all the individual channel levels globally, with the one control.
Engineer/Producer/Musician/Media Content Creator
CV: https://app.box.com/s/oiulec8q1eyqn2r0s46k
MacPro 12 Core 2x2.4 GHz, 24 GB Ram | MacBook Pro 2.8GHz i7, 16GB Ram
10.8.4/10.10.4, UA Apollo Quad, PT 12.x

kafka

Postby kafka » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:13 pm

OK, I'll give it a try. Thanks.

sn47som

Re: Feature Requests

Postby sn47som » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:24 pm

Bigger variety of only the best and greatest sounding drums and sizes to choose from, without all the brush and mallet variants taking up development time and space for other potential varieties of drums that could be recorded. We don't really need 40 or so variants of samples of the same kit (mapleworks custom) even tho its a very nice kit.

Focus on primarily recording samples with sticks. leave the brushes and mallets for add on packs.

Bigger variety of drums and cymbals is key!! Please sample more SONOR drums!!!!!!

More SONOR More SONOR More SONOR More SONOR More SONOR More SONOR :D

Fix the hi hat e drum triggering set up!! make our lives easier please! I can only get 1 articulation working! its a nightmare. Please make the hi hat set up with e drums and all the variant/articulations MUCH EASIER to map and get playing.

Leoslayer

Lower tuned snares

Postby Leoslayer » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:12 am

I would like a 70's pack that has lower tunes and damp'd snares/toms.
Think, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Joe Walsh.
Almost all the snares in the bfd packs are tuned way too high for my tastes.

Leoslayer

Groove editor crescendos

Postby Leoslayer » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:19 am

I would like to see a cresendo tool in the groove editor.
Gradually building a tom or snare part over a bar or more (think intro to "let's dance)
Takes way too long.

M FANNING

Postby M FANNING » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:23 pm

I use the groove palette for many projects and often experiment with different palettes. Each time I load a palette it's very annoying to have to go to "preferences" menu every time to check "latching" which I always use. Why can't there simply be a button in the main display to turn latching on or off?

Nebulon Ranger

Postby Nebulon Ranger » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:08 am

More ethnic percussion, please. :)

Just bought BFD3 this weekend, and browsing through expansions is showing me Japanese noisemakers (which is seriously great on its own, since I swear you guys and Sonica have together released the only library of those I can find anywhere :P ), but I'd love to see some great middle eastern or African percussion instruments.

Well, that, and if possible, a detailed list of what each expansion pack contains on its product page. This might take a bit for bigger libraries like Percussion, but it'll all be worth it. :U

Leoslayer

Postby Leoslayer » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:24 pm

I'd like to see the velocity in the groove go from 0 to 127 as it does when programming in any midi piano roll.
I find only having velocity's of 1 to 100 gives me less nuance when programming really authentic drum parts.

nathanbcook

Postby nathanbcook » Wed May 04, 2016 3:48 pm

Here are just some things about BFD3 that bother me:

i'd like the compressors to be labeled with numbers for the amount gain reduction. so you can see how much compression is occurring without knowing the hardware. the needle thing looks nice, but i'd rather just see real time gain reduction maybe similar to how iZotope Alloy's compressor works

ability to remove/hide unused ambient/room/mono/whatever mics from the mixer

more kit pieces included with vanilla bfd3 would be nice. i find the snares to be incredibly lacking

also would like the demo feature to include ALL the expansion packs. or at least modern retro.

more presets that are actually usable

jimk

Postby jimk » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:27 pm

PITCH change without SAMPLE LENGTH change

With all the advances in audio processing in the last few years, wouldn't it be nice if you could change the pitch of the kit piece and the length of the sample would stay the same.

I notice this as a problem when i go to tune a kit piece up or down and the HOLD portion of the sample length gets adjusted as well. That is, the "AIR" and the feel of the hit changes. I may like the length of the snares in the sample but when I adjust pitch, the sample time of the snares also gets changed or the length of the OH mic's samples change.

This would be AWESOME.

Jim

endorka

Postby endorka » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:54 pm

I frequently develop variations on grooves from a one or two bar beat, in two main ways;

1) Start with a simple beat, and add to it as the music progresses.
2) End with a complex beat, and simplify it earlier in the music.

I've just discovered the "simplify" function in Groove FX, and it often gives useful musical results for 2. A button that makes a new variation of the current groove with the Simplify function applied to it would be amazing!

Hopefully in the new variation the muted notes would still be there, just muted. I could then drag this to other parts of the track, tweaking notes that I would preferred not to have been muted by Simplify.

I can get somewhere toward this at the moment by automating a midi CC to the Simplify knob, but would find finer control would more useful.

Cheers!
Jennifer

mziach

Postby mziach » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:40 pm

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! :idea:
for me I want software that works! and do not always crash!

rcolbert

Postby rcolbert » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:07 pm

Simple request. I would like a fully resizable application window. Horizontally, vertically, and all the internal borders between sections. The current window looks like it was designed to run on Apple Watch.

ZeroZero

Postby ZeroZero » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:22 pm

I am not new to Daws, starting on Sx Spectrums. I have a good home studio. I have been with you since BDF1.

I still found downloading a challenge. My suggestion is that you look over your guidance as to how to achieve the process and make it universal - one very clear explanation. The videos should drop the music and have an aural .

In particular I found that the names you gave to files were not immediately apparent in your downloads area, for example you talk about downloading the 'software installer' but on the download section there is nothing with the name software installer - only 'Softfwasre downloards' with a files called BFD3 V3.1.4.5 unhelpfully labelled minor update. It may be clear to those in the know, but to Mrs Public, sometimes this is not at all clear that this is what you want, making it easy to make mistakes.

Your installer software can work prematurely, giving the illusion that the job is done - I fell for this and started using the broken program fully loadable in Cubase 8.5. Only later did I realize that I had eight hours of files to download on my fast hardwired 60 mbps cable. WHY? Because when the installer opens it does not open to the page which shows what you are downloading. At one point it allowed my to open three copies of the same data - which could have taken days.

Even on a good connection sometimes the process bar (which does not show when its active) simply stops - ish, and a person could be fooled into thinking that all is lost - when its not. This is not clear to all users.

When you go to check that your version of the player is the correct one, you only get shown some of the digits of the file upgrade, allowing you to guess only, if you have the correct version.

In short the whole download process could be much more clearly explained causing everyone a lot less time/money and headache.

Even so, I would say though, the download process may be painful with many potential issues, but the product is outstanding, well worth investment IMO, both in money and learn-time.

Z
Core i7 920, Asus 6PT V2 motherboard, 12 gig. Win 7 RC 64 bit, old british rail sandwich, Cubase 5 64 bit. M-Audio 1010LT, running in surround 5.1.

Return to “BFD3”