Forum

FXpansion Forum

Feature Requests

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

Pontif

Re: Feature Requests

Postby Pontif » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:14 pm

Any sign of Key Maps for the Roland TD-25 or the Alesis SamplePad Pro? Both have been out a long time now and still no sign of key maps for either.
Cheers!

yoMuzicMan

Postby yoMuzicMan » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:09 pm

As i am a writer and not an engineer, these features would help me.

1 - tap to find similar grooves like in ezdrummer 2.

2 - a wide selection of professional mixer presets.

Thanks

moulagaufr

Postby moulagaufr » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:32 pm

Yes, a "tap to find" the right groove like in ezdrummer 2 is the only stuff I miss with BFD.

WINZIP

Postby WINZIP » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:02 pm

Not sure if it counts as a feature but I would love some real sampled cymbal chokes, or at least the release tails, so that way it would sound so artificial. I hate loading in other sample libraries on top of BFD3 just to get those sounds.

WINZIP

Postby WINZIP » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:38 am

When a drummer chokes a cymbal crash there's a very nice shimmery wash out of the sound, it's completely different from a simple volume envelope. It's a very small difference but it makes all the difference.

Here are examples:

This is the BFD style volume envelope choke:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32558357/BFD_Choke.mp3

This works well for cutting off cymbal tails and decays, but when used as an accent effect (which is a really cool effect) it's extremely artificial sounding.

This is a real cymbal choke:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32558357/Real_Choke.mp3

And you can hear the ringing out of the harmonics as the main shimmer of the cymbal gets muted in a much more appealing way. The difference may be subtle but it makes a huge difference when used as an accent.

MVDH

Postby MVDH » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:03 am

Hi there,

Not sure if this is mentioned before but couldn't find it. I would like to have a graphical preview option for grooves in the groove browser. For example if you click on the groove in the groove browser the groove is being previewed in the groove editor (and can be edited directly instead of drag n drop or double click to load in a pallete).

When previewing it graphically you can quickly see what kitpieces are used and if it globally suits your needs. It would make the workflow a lot easier especially when having lots of grooves loaded in the browser.

Hope FXpansion can look into this option and implement in a new version.

Thanks & Regards,

Mick

anttipi

Postby anttipi » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:44 am

A tick box option to suppress hihat pad triggering at the same as chick is triggered. Can happen on a moving hihat setup because of the impact of reaching closed position.

To minimize the chance of actual hihat hits getting suppressed, the suppression algorithm could have a velocity threshold so that only a low velocity signal from the hihat pad is suppressed for x milliseconds (1 or 2 ms should be enough as I assume the false triggering is pretty much instantaneous?)

fredmant

Half Mute channel

Postby fredmant » Sat May 06, 2017 8:26 pm

A really useful feature would be a 'half mute' with adjustable mute level in db. By this I mean, I would like to audition new drums while a groove is playing, but I would like to reduce the level of all the other kit channels except the one where I'm auditioning the new drum. Perhaps by 10 db, or 20 db or even just 3 db, it should be adjustable, or at least selectable somewhere. The idea is to be able to better hear the new drum but still be able to determine if I think, at least initially, it will fit in with the rest of the kit. Make sense? Perhaps a blinking yellow, pressing Mute with a command/control/opt key, something like that.

jojo77

Postby jojo77 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:13 am

Hello.
Still 3 years after release and no free rearrangement of Kitpieces (for E-Drummers) and no safeable default Kit arrange.
Still very expensive expansions (actually i would never by an expansion).
So - my interest in BFD is gone.
Bye

jjbassist

Postby jjbassist » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:09 am

Can we audition kit pieces by clicking on their mixer icons please?
I have to keep stumbling around the graphical representation of the kit to find my loaded kit peices, and look where the line is tracing to. If there is an icon, (the "photo" of the kit piece on the mixer slot), I would just like to be able to click on it to audition it.

Home Studio 87

Postby Home Studio 87 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:21 pm

So yeah, big (MASSIVE BIG) request for BFD3 to be able to load 3rd party plug ins.

Oh Yesssssss ! mixing inside BFD with UAD Relab SoundToys...
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 9 x64 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / Faderport / iPad 3 Lemur... /

silhouette

Postby silhouette » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:55 pm

I too would like to see us being able to use third party plugins instead of the disappointing efx in bd3. Just to be able to save presets with my preferred efx setups. Detachable windows would be nice so you could see the groove editor and the mixer together. I would also like to be able to re-import a drum midi parts from Cubase to edit within BFD3 as it is easier to create the arrangement within Cubase.Perhaps a better Groove editor with more visual info about velocity when selecting an instrument. For instance the snare or one of it's articulations. This might tempt me to use the BFD editor.

lasteno

Postby lasteno » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:43 am

more Variable hihat "layers" ?
hihat has only ( close, 1/4, half. 3/4, open )
what about 2 more.. or 3.. ? will be great.
specially more close.. layer.. everybody has too much openness on the hihat.. in almost all libraries,

toontrack sd3 new library - has a lot of hihat openness layers.. tigh.. close.. open 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
but to be honest I think All the new Hihats from SD3 Library sound too close.. and too open.. nothing in between .. can play them at all.. even adjusting the openness in the hihat CC curve controller in MIDI In/E-drum Settings, from close.. then to open0.. there's a Big Big gap there they jumped, That Gab.. It is very important in the hi hats- and almost no one record those "layers" everybody records a lot of layer of open hihats.. not from "tight" to close..
it should be:
super tight
tight
close 1
close 2
close 3
then. 1/4 half, 3/4 and open or open 0, open 1, open 2, open 3..

for me.. a good library or expansion.. is the one that contains a lot of layers of the hihats.. if the hihats.. sound too close and then jump to almost open.. for me.. and I think a lot of us.. it is not very pleasant to play E-Drums.

NI - Abbey Road libraries has a good gamma of openness..

ClosedTight, Closed,Open, OpenQuarter, OpenHalf, OpenThreeQ, OpenLoose, OpenFull

but it doesn't have the number of velocities from BFD3 and the quality of the recording not either..

maybe a new library only of Hi Hats.. with a lot more "layers" for BFD3 will be amazing. for the future.
Last edited by lasteno on Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

lasteno

Postby lasteno » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:58 am

when you load a drum piece, let say a snare.. or anything..
an option just to load.. the Direct channel, Oh, and Room, only..
some libraries has more channels.. so in the mixer every time you load a kit piece like the snare from other library
it adds more channels.. "but" that is not always practical sometimes.. maybe an option in preferences to..
load only direct, oh, and room, or.. direct, oh and amb..

kafka

Postby kafka » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:28 pm

Tap tempo

Return to “BFD3”