Forum

FXpansion Forum

Feature Requests

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

lasteno

Re: Feature Requests

Postby lasteno » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:15 pm

A Better Hi Hat "Transition Model" .. more like SD3 or SD2..
the only reason I use more Toontrack SD3 is for that, the Hi hat Variable Response is Amazing in Toontrack..

You Can Hit in Full Open.. and the close the Hi Hat Pedal to the half after the hit, and it Emulates those "Fade Out" from those.. specific Regions of the Hi hat .. Amazing in Toontrack..

You Hit Close and after open the hi hat and hear those fades too..

you can hit anywhere with any position on the hi hat pedal.. and then move fast the Hi Hat pedal after the Hit and hear
the fade outs from those (regions of the openness of the Hi hat,,

much more realistic programing there on the Hi Hat from Toontrack than in BFD3..

O wish BFD3 could react that way too.. I will use more BFD3 than SD3 then.

lasteno

Postby lasteno » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:35 am

"Unload Articulation" samples from all Not Mapped Articulations from an entire Kit...

"Unload all Not Mapped Articulation"

that will be a Great Update ¡

EGM93

Postby EGM93 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:48 am

Hello!
Hope this is the right place to post this.
I've been trying to achieve the funky dry acid jazz drum sound (heard on recordings by Incognito and The Brand New Heavies).
For the particular song I mostly used the DW Gras Sparkle kit with the David Garibaldi signature snare and the cymbals from Zildjian digital vault with fair results.
Usually in this style of music I think the overall sound of the overheads and ambient mics should be less "roomy" , which is not the case with the drums I use (except for the Garibaldi snare, maybe).
It would've been nice to have a kit recorded in a small room where the sound can be tweaked as close to the natural drums as possible.
Acid Jazz expansion pack maybe? :)

Otherwise BFD is beyond superb!

Emilio

doublestrokeroll

Postby doublestrokeroll » Mon May 21, 2018 5:20 am

lasteno wrote:A Better Hi Hat "Transition Model" .. more like SD3 or SD2..
the only reason I use more Toontrack SD3 is for that, the Hi hat Variable Response is Amazing in Toontrack..

You Can Hit in Full Open.. and the close the Hi Hat Pedal to the half after the hit, and it Emulates those "Fade Out" from those.. specific Regions of the Hi hat .. Amazing in Toontrack..

You Hit Close and after open the hi hat and hear those fades too..

you can hit anywhere with any position on the hi hat pedal.. and then move fast the Hi Hat pedal after the Hit and hear
the fade outs from those (regions of the openness of the Hi hat,,

much more realistic programing there on the Hi Hat from Toontrack than in BFD3..

O wish BFD3 could react that way too.. I will use more BFD3 than SD3 then.

As an edrummer this has always been my issue with BFD2/3. I really hope they can get a better HH modeling system going. A part of it too, I believe is the velocity layers the hats are recorded with. The absolute best playing (for edrum triggering) by far sample packs are the platinum samples libraries. I don't think it's a coincidence that those are the ones with the highest number of velocity layers that were recorded.

The hats on the platinum samples kits are the most realistic playing of any of the packs but it's still not a perfect system. And yes I've tweaked every possible setting on my roland and with the engine.

I get that the edrum triggering market is probably the smallest group of buyers for BFD and perhaps isn't much of a priority for resources....but it's a bit disappointing when I first purchased BFD2 and then the platinum samples packs, to realize the potential, only to have it seem even worse, in terms of progress, when BFD3 came out and it's sample library was recorded with limited velocity layers and no real improvements to the HH control. And the platinum samples packs still remained the gold standard on the system even considering how old they are now.

itstrisha

Postby itstrisha » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:36 am

Hope this works with BFD3 :)

mickgormaley

Postby mickgormaley » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:51 pm

Is there a list of requests in order of ranking floating around? It would be cool to know which ones have a chance of being implemented.

mickgormaley

Postby mickgormaley » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:03 pm

I would love to not see a warning every time I quit BFD. Sure it comes in handy when I've made changes and forgotten to save, but it makes the program feel a bit unprofessional. I always feel like I may have done something I shouldn't have.

Leoslayer

Typing in values

Postby Leoslayer » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:33 am

It would be nice to be able to type in values on knobs and faders.
The current method of moving things with the mouse is too inacurate and time consuming.

Studiostriver

Postby Studiostriver » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:52 pm

Hi to all BFD users out there.

After using BFD as my main drum sampler for over 4 years know the only suggestion that I would personnaly added is make anti-gun machine option more effective or to add more round robin samples in the future. No matter hwo you try they simply resproduce even if you very hard edited MIDI track,and beleive me I was drummer for 15 years, I`m sure I know that I`ve done everything I can do to make it resamble to realistic performance.

Second would be to make drum components between different kits sound cohesive(sometiems even in the same kit they can sound pretty weird). That is one of the weak points as well. Make it sound less like bunch of good deep quallity samples thrown and sampler sometimes do not know how to behave no matter how much you edit track it will still makes you feel its not real drums and something is weird there.

Third will be to put 64 outs and channels,in case you doing triggering snares,kicks, or adding progressive drum kit with rototoms or similar,we need more tracks.

I honestly woud like to see these improvement since I really fell in love with this sampler, Version 3 made some improvements,still there is left some thing to desire.Other then that I think you have so much expansion that sounds great, I think working on sampler to even better manipulate samples woudl be crucial task, to me at least.

Other companies make super processed kit and only with you I feel at home like drummer feeling that ambience and raw sound of drums.

Kind regards,
Dado.

lasteno

Postby lasteno » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:27 pm

man... the "Transition Model" for the Hit Hat pedal CC4 is amazing on toontrack superior drummer, you can hit the hi hat fully closed.. and then move the pedal "CC4" and the sounds tails of all other variations of the hi hat make a sound like a Real hi hat..
you can even move the pedal fast from open to close.. twice ..and it stills make that sound.. like a real hi hat.. THAT will be my only REQUEST and more hi hat "Layers" too.. 5 is not enough, I think SD2 and 3 has like 7 or 8 or 9.. amazing.

lasteno

Postby lasteno » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:37 am

Another thing about BFD3 is the "GUI" I have a mid 2011 imac with 512 of video memory and the samples on a external drive..
and the as a plugin in logic.. the "Gui" it is kind of slow.. sometimes the meters are getting like stuck..

and for example in Toontrack SD3 the Gui works much much smoothly , the faster.. and with the same all samples in a external drive.. so yes.. BFD3 the gui seems to use a lot of "Video Memory" or I don't what it is.. but it does not run as smoothly as even BFD2 no problems there.. so yes a update there.. will help a lot of users.

Studiostriver

Postby Studiostriver » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:37 pm

Here is one dead simple but seemse no one mentioned it.

Please for godsake make snare hit higher volume to match rimshot which sound more explosive and at least for 40% luder making it extremely hard for editing.
and snare hit at 127 sounding very unfocused like it need more exitment compare to rimshot with on higher volume above 100 sound blasting (which is good thing), but cant used it in combination with snare hit cause in too low volume and sound drasticly mellow at the same volume.

jord

Postby jord » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:31 am

Studiostriver wrote:Here is one dead simple but seemse no one mentioned it.

Please for godsake make snare hit higher volume to match rimshot which sound more explosive and at least for 40% luder making it extremely hard for editing.
and snare hit at 127 sounding very unfocused like it need more exitment compare to rimshot with on higher volume above 100 sound blasting (which is good thing), but cant used it in combination with snare hit cause in too low volume and sound drasticly mellow at the same volume.

This is user controllable in the KPI. You can adjust each articulation as you would like. As well, you can add compression/limiting to get the snare as you need it.

jord
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

Yveya

Postby Yveya » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:18 am

I am making drum beat in midi piano roll with bfd but when i play it in cubase
I hear a groove in background coming from the app of bfd I dont know how to stop it please help me how do I stop that thank you

98bpm

Postby 98bpm » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:29 am

1. I'd like to see real-time time stretching/sync capability added so that jazz brush sweeps can be controlled better to fit your sequence/patterns.

2. There needs to be better Hi-Hat control. As it stands, I can't really get reliable response/interaction between the different layers of the open hi-hat samples as I move the pedal and strike the cymbal pad. Still feels a bit clunky, especially when engaging the pedal from open to closed pedal while an open sample is still sounding. Tried different settings, but can't seem to get it right and it shouldn't take that much work for the musician.

3. Add snare rolls that can change dynamically from soft to loud, giving the ability to create more expressive fills when needed. This could benefit producers who program their drum parts with keyboards instead of e-drums.

Return to “BFD3”