FXpansion Forum

play sequence after dropping cursor

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

Ty Ford

play sequence after dropping cursor

Postby Ty Ford » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:08 pm

Hi,

I'm in PT 10 on a Mac. I'm assembling grooves in the BFD3 window. I want to be able to place the cursor back a few measures (or forward) but the only place I can go is back to the beginning of the tune.

What's the magic handshake that let's me play from where I drop the cursor?

Thanks,

Ty Ford›
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:55 am

The drum track cursor is only for copy/paste type operations. You can't change the playback position with it, however, the drum track should follow song position within Pro Tools, so you can use the Pro Tools transport functions to move about.

Ty Ford

Postby Ty Ford » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:04 pm

Rory,

Thanks for that. I had found it. Facile use of that way or working works best with two screens, which I don't have because they would get in the way of my Event Opals.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Maniconair

Moving the cursor/renaming the groove

Postby Maniconair » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:34 am

While creating a song in the track mode, is there a way to move the blue cursor back or do I have to start the song over every time? (I'm using BFD2 on a mac) I'd like to be able to start from just a couple of segments back, starting from the beginning every time is quite time consuming.

Also, as I am using a Mac I don't have a "right click" to rename the grooves in the palette. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

M

Ty Ford

Postby Ty Ford » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:38 am

are you using BFD3 with a DAW like Pro Tools?

If so, use the Pro Tools to return to the beginning or drop the cursor on the Pro Tools time line

Hope this helps,

Ty

Return to “BFD3”