Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD2 stuff "not installed properly -- please reinstall!!"

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyTheSaint

BFD2 stuff "not installed properly -- please reinstall!!"

Postby JimmyTheSaint » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:58 am

After installing and running BFD3, I installed Modern Retro (a BFD3 product), no problem. But my BFD2 products keep saying "not installed properly -- please reinstall!!" in the license manager. Installation completes with no errors, and I've tried both the default installation location in Applications and also in the same folder as my BFD3 stuff in Documents/FXpansion, but each time it won't authorize, saying it's not installed properly. Any suggestions for how to get the older expansion packs to authorize?

Drew_fx

Re: BFD2 stuff "not installed properly -- please reinstall!!"

Postby Drew_fx » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:51 pm

Try restarting your computer completely. Sometimes License Manager needs to clear it's cache from the ground up.

JimmyTheSaint

Postby JimmyTheSaint » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:40 pm

I restarted, but still have the same problem. What can I do now?

JimmyTheSaint

Postby JimmyTheSaint » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:05 pm

treddin1 wrote:Hi, need help badly, of course. ...

Todd

Todd, you've completely hijacked my support thread with a totally off-topic post. I beg of you, if you need help on an unrelated issue, I beg of you, please start your own thread and ask for help with that problem. Please don't distract from others' issues.

My problem with the FX License Manager continues despite the recommended computer reboot. Can I continue to get help on this issue?

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:43 am

JimmyTheSaint wrote:
treddin1 wrote:Hi, need help badly, of course. ...

Todd

Todd, you've completely hijacked my support thread with a totally off-topic post. I beg of you, if you need help on an unrelated issue, I beg of you, please start your own thread and ask for help with that problem. Please don't distract from others' issues.

My problem with the FX License Manager continues despite the recommended computer reboot. Can I continue to get help on this issue?

Hi Jimmy, please ensure you log out of License Manager before restarting. Once you've booted back up, logging back in to License Manager should resolve the issue. If not, please get in touch with our support team.

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:45 am

treddin1 wrote:Hi, need help badly, of course.
First my computer is a desktop PC Win 10 64bit
12 gig ram
Intel i7 950
three 1tb internal harddrives
Studio One Three Pro
AudioBox itwo interface

I am prepping my computer for a re-installment of BFD3
Before I deleted it to make room for a fresh install the drum files were scattered about even though pointing to the same folder. By scattered I mean if I categorized all my plugins by manufacturer it wouldn’t show up and none of the files were linked to a reasonable folder like, kit 1”, Kit 2…etc make sense?
None of these would show up under Instruments or “Drums” i expected and want it to be this way. I found the BFD3 drum files randomly and didn’t really know if they were Presonus or whoever.
Also, while it did work in standalone mode. It wouldn’t bring up the tools and features within the DAW.
I had put the program on the C (86) drive and the Core Library on a separate drive. I plan to do that part again.

Any advice? What file exactly do I manually put in the VST folder? All and anything with “.dll”?

Todd

Hi Todd, please get in touch with our support team who will be able to assist you, and please try to refrain from creating off-topic posts in other topics. Thanks!

JimmyTheSaint

Postby JimmyTheSaint » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:32 pm

Lawrence_fx wrote:Hi Jimmy, please ensure you log out of License Manager before restarting. Once you've booted back up, logging back in to License Manager should resolve the issue. If not, please get in touch with our support team.

Yeah, that worked, thanks. I've put this info in my installation notes.

Return to “BFD3”