Forum

FXpansion Forum

Kit pieces keep changing in Drum Editor during playback

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

Cormier

Kit pieces keep changing in Drum Editor during playback

Postby Cormier » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:17 pm

Title says it all. I hit play in my DAW or in BFD3 and I can't edit drums because the view in Drum Editor keeps switching to the one being played at that second. Is there a setting I'm not seeing to keep it from doing that? I can't edit in real time. Have to stop playback, select the kitpiece once again, make edits, hit playback, and do it all over again. It doesn't do it all the time and I can't seem to isolate why it does it.

Best,

Marc
Studio One Pro 4.5. Win 10 Pro. i7 4790, 3.6 GHz, 32 Gb RAM. IK Axe I/O. Lotsa other gadgets.

ngermick

Re: Kit pieces keep changing in Drum Editor during playback

Postby ngermick » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:56 pm

I'm having the same problem, did you ever figure it out?

Cormier

Postby Cormier » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:26 pm

No, there were no responses by forum members. Right now, I can't even get BFD3 to work on my new system so I'm moving on to other drum VSTs that actually work at the moment. Ticket filed but I hear crickets at the ROLI shop.
Studio One Pro 4.5. Win 10 Pro. i7 4790, 3.6 GHz, 32 Gb RAM. IK Axe I/O. Lotsa other gadgets.

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:39 am

Hi both, if you head to the Key Map page, is the "Follow MIDI" button on the right-hand side of the BFD3 window selected or not? If it is, please try de-selecting it, to see if this changes the behaviour.

ngermick

Postby ngermick » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:22 pm

The setting is off in the Key Map window. When I turn it on, it does change the selection in the Key Map as expected. However, regardless of that setting, every time a MIDI notes comes in, the selected drum channel changes. So, for example, if I have MIDI playing back and I open the "Tech" pane, the selected drum is constantly changing.

jazztom

Postby jazztom » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:05 pm

there is another foloow midi switch on the "kit" window if you click the "view" rider. The last entry allows to switch the follow midi on and off. I guess it is switched "on" in your case.

ngermick

Postby ngermick » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:24 pm

Thanks! That’s exactly what I was looking for.

Return to “BFD3”