FXpansion Forum

BFD3 v3.3.0.43 now available

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

teafan

Re: BFD3 v3.3.0.43 now available

Postby teafan » Wed May 08, 2019 11:46 am

Hi guys,

FYI this version is causing Studio One 4 to crash every time I try to load it as a plugin. 3.2.33 is fine though.

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Wed May 08, 2019 1:15 pm

teafan wrote:Hi guys,

FYI this version is causing Studio One 4 to crash every time I try to load it as a plugin. 3.2.33 is fine though.

If any crash logs were generated, please send them to our support team along with your system specs. We're working on an update that will address the current known issues with 3.3.0.43 that we aim to release as soon as possible.

fxpjudick

Postby fxpjudick » Sat May 11, 2019 6:28 pm

For those who have a problem with the licensing and get the entry "Multiple" in Licenses manager: I fixed this renaming the BFD3.dll and BFD3.exe in the directory "c:\Program Files (x86)\FXpansion\BFD3\".

e.g. BFD3.dll => xxxBFD3.dll and BFD3.exe ==> xxxBFD3.exe

orange

Postby orange » Mon May 13, 2019 2:23 pm

fxpjudick wrote:For those who have a problem with the licensing and get the entry "Multiple" in Licenses manager: I fixed this renaming the BFD3.dll and BFD3.exe in the directory "c:\Program Files (x86)\FXpansion\BFD3\".

e.g. BFD3.dll => xxxBFD3.dll and BFD3.exe ==> xxxBFD3.exe

errr, isn't that what I said a MONTH ago in this very thread - do you read your own forum (obviously not considering the amount of spam you allow).

I'm assuming nobody at FXP really cares about BFD any more and it's essentially a dead product. Compare to toontrack and superior 3, well you can't because there is no comparison.

purtington

Postby purtington » Mon May 13, 2019 2:38 pm

orange wrote:I'm assuming nobody at FXP really cares about BFD any more and it's essentially a dead product. Compare to toontrack and superior 3, well you can't because there is no comparison.

I agree about the amount of spam on this forum, it really makes it look like they're not bothered.
I can't believe it could be that hard to get rid of and I don't see anything like the amount of spam on other forums.

All they would have to do would be to only allow non registered users (those who don't actually own and fxpansion product) to make one post per day. That would cut the spam by 99.9% in an instance.

I don't think it's quite fair to compare the development of BFD3 to SD3. BFD3 is almost 6 years since release whilst SD3 is just over 18 months.

I still feel that BFD3 is a better overall product to SD3 so in my view you're right, there's no comparison.
SD3 had 4 years to make something better than BFD3 and failed in my opinion.
I'm not knocking SD3 by the way.

I think though Toontrack is a much larger company with greater resources than fxpansion so I don't expect them to be the same in that department.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

orange

Postby orange » Tue May 14, 2019 11:22 am

hi Steve

It's just frustrating - BFD is potentially a great product, and I've been with fxp since bfd1 and have most of the expansion packs along the way. BUT they seem to fail all the time with ZERO attention to detail.

I mean on this update - did nobody actually test it ? - why so long to reply ? It's been like this throughout the years, even in the days when Skot was looking after BFD. Always stuff that didn't quite work properly and would have been easy fixes, never got addressed.

I'm not trying to overly dramatic but I strongly suspect that development time into BFD has long since dried up - and since the ROLI take over it's been sidelined into the file marked "not bothered"

It would be very hard to recommend BFD over SD to anybody new, even if you think that BFD sounds better (which I don't fwiw). Toontrack are still actively developing it and releasing new and amazing expansion constantly.

obviously just my opinion

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Thu May 16, 2019 10:50 am

Hi all, thanks for your patience whilst we worked to resolve this issue.

v3.3.0.44 is now available to download, and should resolve any authorisation issues you experienced with the previous update. Please reach out to our support team should you continue to encounter any issues.

We're also in the process of updating License Manager to make it simpler to resolve any "Multiple" errors that should occur due to differing .dll locations.

patpat

Postby patpat » Wed May 22, 2019 5:41 pm

jord wrote:For those on a Mac, I've usually found that deleting the .authrequest and .auth files in the ~/Library/Application Support/fxpansion/ folder and re-authorizing fixes the "licence corrupt" issue.

jord

Thank you very much. This solved the problem!

zebbie

Postby zebbie » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:03 pm

I installed the 3.3.0.43 update but I get an error message when I try to start the stand-alone version:

The program can't start because
api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-I1-2-0dll is missing from your
computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I tried reinstalling as Administrator. I notice some of your products don't seem compatible with Windows 7 64-bit. If this is the case how do I get back to the version that previously worked for me? Thanks.

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:43 am

zebbie wrote:I installed the 3.3.0.43 update but I get an error message when I try to start the stand-alone version:

The program can't start because
api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-I1-2-0dll is missing from your
computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I tried reinstalling as Administrator. I notice some of your products don't seem compatible with Windows 7 64-bit. If this is the case how do I get back to the version that previously worked for me? Thanks.

Hi Zebbie, BFD3 v3.3 and above requires Windows 10 as a minimum operating system version. If you wish to run BFD3 on a Windows 7 system, you can download and install v3.2.3.3 from your FXpansion account, which will restore BFD3 to its previous state.

Return to “BFD3”