FXpansion Forum

BFD3 v3.3.0.44 now available

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

Lawrence_fx

BFD3 v3.3.0.44 now available

Postby Lawrence_fx » Thu May 16, 2019 10:56 am

Hi everyone,

v3.3.0.44 is now available to download, and fixes an authorisation issue that affected some installations. This is the only change from v3.3.0.43, which introduced the following features:

- Vertical Resizing
- Macro controls
- Additional preset and groove content

More information on the macro controls can be found in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF8i7n9qwEA

Please be aware that Windows 10 or OSX 10.11 are now the minimum operating system versions required for this update (v3.3.0.44). This will also be the case for future BFD3 updates - please continue to use v3.2.3.3 if you wish to run BFD3 on an older operating system, and reach out to our support team if you encounter any issues, which we'll be happy to investigate.

Thank you for your continued support,

All at FXpansion

purtington

Re: BFD3 v3.3.0.44 now available

Postby purtington » Thu May 16, 2019 1:43 pm

Never had this before as previously all other versions of BFD3 have installed quite happily on top of older (or newer) versions.
Installation of update was fine but on launch got a warning saying I have multiple versions of BFD3 installed.
Seems it's installed the 32bit versions somehow.

Will uninstall from control panel and clean out all traces and start again.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Thu May 16, 2019 2:05 pm

purtington wrote:Never had this before as previously all other versions of BFD3 have installed quite happily on top of older (or newer) versions.
Installation of update was fine but on launch got a warning saying I have multiple versions of BFD3 installed.

Steve

Hey Steve, we've introduced some clearer messaging for those with the BFD3.dll file installed to a location other than the default - as such, we recommend ensuring that you copy the BFD3.dll file from the path specified in the prompt to ensure that the .dll in your custom location is up to date.

This could be caused by any 32bit versions of BFD3 you have installed elsewhere on your system.

orange

Postby orange » Thu May 16, 2019 2:40 pm

purtington wrote:Never had this before as previously all other versions of BFD3 have installed quite happily on top of older (or newer) versions.

Steve

Steve - refer to the other thread, the solution is there - you even commented on it !

so this release is to fix that licence issue but doesn't actually do it - Lawrence did you actually test this ? What have you been doing for the last month ?

purtington

Postby purtington » Thu May 16, 2019 2:49 pm

Lawrence_fx wrote:Hey Steve, we've introduced some clearer messaging for those with the BFD3.dll file installed to a location other than the default - as such, we recommend ensuring that you copy the BFD3.dll file from the path specified in the prompt to ensure that the .dll in your custom location is up to date.

This could be caused by any 32bit versions of BFD3 you have installed elsewhere on your system.

I can't get rid of the message, I go to the location it's giving me, 'c/program files(x86) bfd3 32bit vst\ bfd3 and there's nothing there.
I just went to the control panel to uninstall and BFD3 isn't listed.

I'm going to try and get rid of it manually and then go back to previous build.

Either way for me BFD3 has been almost unusable since the last update due to the bug with the continual channel hopping in the mixer.
I discovered last week that not only do I have to stop the song to make any adjustments in the mixer, tech/model panels, I can't audition kit pieces while I'm playing BFD3 within my sequencer either. :x

Steve

The only other places BFD3 32bit would be on my system would be on another physical drive where I have windows 7 running and the last version of BFD3 that ran on windows 7. :-(

Stebe

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Thu May 16, 2019 3:18 pm

purtington wrote:I can't get rid of the message, I go to the location it's giving me, 'c/program files(x86) bfd3 32bit vst\ bfd3 and there's nothing there.

Either way for me BFD3 has been almost unusable since the last update due to the bug with the continual channel hopping in the mixer.
I discovered last week that not only do I have to stop the song to make any adjustments in the mixer, tech/model panels, I can't audition kit pieces while I'm playing BFD3 within my sequencer either. :x

Steve

The only other places BFD3 32bit would be on my system would be on another physical drive where I have windows 7 running and the last version of BFD3 that ran on windows 7. :-(

Stebe

Was this after updating from 3.2.3.3 or 3.3.0.43? Please let us know if you have any luck if you roll back to 3.2.3.3 and then update directly to 3.3.0.44. We didn't encounter this particular situation when testing this update - if you're able to let us know the path that your 32bit BFD3.dll file was originally located, we can look into reproducing it.

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Thu May 16, 2019 3:31 pm

orange wrote:so this release is to fix that licence issue but doesn't actually do it - Lawrence did you actually test this ? What have you been doing for the last month ?

Please let us know if you're continuing to experience any authorisation issues with this version - we believe it resolves the authorisation corruptions that occurred with 3.3.0.43, but would like to know as much information as possible if this still affects you with this update. Thanks

purtington

Postby purtington » Thu May 16, 2019 3:48 pm

Lawrence_fx wrote:
purtington wrote:I can't get rid of the message, I go to the location it's giving me, 'c/program files(x86) bfd3 32bit vst\ bfd3 and there's nothing there.

Steve

Stebe

Was this after updating from 3.2.3.3 or 3.3.0.43? Please let us know if you have any luck if you roll back to 3.2.3.3 and then update directly to 3.3.0.44. We didn't encounter this particular situation when testing this update - if you're able to let us know the path that your 32bit BFD3.dll file was originally located, we can look into reproducing it.

I first noticed in after updating to whichever the one was that went 64bit so if that was 3.2.3.3 , then yeah.

It does it for me in both Sonar (all versions) and FL Studio 11.

I did make a video of it in another thread.

Right, so I just deleted by hand everything BFD3 related and went through the registry, re-installed the latest 3.3.0.44 and am seeing the same, 'multiple versions' message.

The file path for the old BFD3 32bit .dll would have been, 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Vstplugins'

So there is a BFD3 folder in (C:\Program Files (x86)\FXpansion\BFD3) that the new update has installed (I'd deleted it before)
but there is no BFD3 .dll file, just BFD3 Uninstaller, BFD3_installLog and BFD3_uninstaller_fus

So the message is wrong but the new update definitely created at C:\Program Files (x86)\FXpansion\BFD3

Why would if have done that if there's no 32bit version?

I'm deleting it all again and going back to the previous build, I wouldn't mind that message so much if it didn't pop up every time I open BFD3.

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

purtington

Postby purtington » Thu May 16, 2019 3:55 pm

Correction, it all started going wrong with the 3-3-0-32 update, when you dropped 32bit

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Thu May 16, 2019 4:29 pm

purtington wrote:Correction, it all started going wrong with the 3-3-0-32 update, when you dropped 32bit

Steve

Thanks Steve. In the registry you should see a list of .dll paths as binlocation entries - if the "ghost" 32bit path is still listed with the 3.3.0.44 update installed, please remove this entry and re-launch BFD3, and let me know if this prevents the message from continuing to appear.

Regarding the channel-switching issue you mentioned, we'll continue looking into this to get a solid reproduction and see if there's a suitable resolution that can be included in the next update.

orange

Postby orange » Thu May 16, 2019 5:45 pm

Lawrence_fx wrote:
orange wrote:so this release is to fix that licence issue but doesn't actually do it - Lawrence did you actually test this ? What have you been doing for the last month ?

Please let us know if you're continuing to experience any authorisation issues with this version - we believe it resolves the authorisation corruptions that occurred with 3.3.0.43, but would like to know as much information as possible if this still affects you with this update. Thanks

thank Lawrence

as you can see from the other thread - I gave the fix/workaround for this a month ago - you never bothered to read it or take any notice of your customers.......you're all obviously too busy

certainly too busy to address the issue I posted about on that EXACT SAME THREAD

quote:
"rescan all content paths" hangs for me - saying 0% - have to quit bfd and restart - cancel has no effect (waiting for job to cancel)

"rescan selected paths" works fine even though all are activated/ticked

previous version worked fine

still not fixed

purtington

Postby purtington » Thu May 16, 2019 8:06 pm

Lawrence_fx wrote:
purtington wrote:Correction, it all started going wrong with the 3-3-0-32 update, when you dropped 32bit

Steve

Thanks Steve. In the registry you should see a list of .dll paths as binlocation entries - if the "ghost" 32bit path is still listed with the 3.3.0.44 update installed, please remove this entry and re-launch BFD3, and let me know if this prevents the message from continuing to appear.

Regarding the channel-switching issue you mentioned, we'll continue looking into this to get a solid reproduction and see if there's a suitable resolution that can be included in the next update.

Okay, that's got rid of the message on launch, thanks.

Now for that channel switching, would it help if I made some more videos to show you what's going on?

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

purtington

Postby purtington » Fri May 17, 2019 10:24 am

Another thing, I'm pretty sure I filed a bug report about the channel switching bug years ago during the beta testing as I know it's not the first time I've seen it.

I no longer have a link for the beta reporting tool/page so I can't check my posts, would you have a link for it Lawrence?

I just want to compare my initial report with this one to be sure they're the same thing, and to confirm I'm not going mad. ;-)

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

purtington

Postby purtington » Fri May 17, 2019 10:12 pm

Right, I haven't solved the channel swapping exactly but tonight I did something quite drastic.

I had a feeling since you weren't able to replicate it I may be stuck in limbo for a long time so I decided to install a fresh copy of windows 10 to another drive, installed sonar and then BFD3.

So far I have installed each update one by one starting at 3-1-3-5 and have just installed the very latest 3-3-0-44 and I'm pleased to report that I'm having none of the issues I'd previously reported.

No channel swapping at all and contents are scanning properly.

I'm very pleased of course but really annoyed too as it seems my only resolution will be to wipe my drive and start again installing all my programs and everything else, that usually takes 3 or 4 days solid to get back to where I am now. :-(

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

Fenderchris

Postby Fenderchris » Sat May 18, 2019 11:00 am

Oh boy.

I don't think I'm going to try the update again at this juncture. I'm only sorry I was suckered into buying the update from BFD2 to BFD3.

I've always preferred the BFD2 graphics anyway.
Nuendo-7.1.40 64-bit Nuendo 8.1.10 64-bit, Windows-10 64-bit, i7 Quad core 2.67Ghz, 24GB Ram, Roland V-Drum TD-20X, BFD2 64-bit, BFD3 64-bit.
RME UFX

Return to “BFD3”