Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD3 key map - articulation with exclamation point

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

Beatinho

BFD3 key map - articulation with exclamation point

Postby Beatinho » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:55 pm

I loaded a preset (Progressive Metal 200bpm PG) and checked the key map for the Zildjian A-Custom Medium Thin Crash. One of the articulations has a exclamation point which I would interpret usually as 'not available' but it's a simple simple hit and I don't understand why there is no sound when using the correspondent key. Initially there were 3 keys assigned, I used to of them to assign the other articulations like bell and edge which work. (See screenshot) ...
What does it mean and what can I do to get this simple hit to sound?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

purtington

Re: BFD3 key map - articulation with exclamation point

Postby purtington » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:54 pm

It's an odd thing I know but it's just the way it is. The (!) sign means that the, 'listed' articulation doesn't exist.
I questioned this during the beta testing and asked why have it at all, why not just list the articulations that do exist.
I can't remember what the reply was (it was back in 2014) but it kind of made sense at the time.

Basically it is what it is. There are no, 'HIT' articulations with any of the cymbals, hits only exist on snares, toms and most solid percussion instruments.

Hope that helps

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

Return to “BFD3”