FXpansion Forum

BFD3 VST3 or BFD4 - screen size 4K monitor

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

Jo88

BFD3 VST3 or BFD4 - screen size 4K monitor

Postby Jo88 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:11 pm

Hi,
I'm working with Studio One under Win10 with a 4k monitor.
I've tried to use BFD3 as a drum plugin, but I can't use it in S1 because the screen size of the plugin is too small. There is no option to zoom the plugin. These issues normally don't exists with VST3 plugins: they are often resizeable.

Can we wait until FXpansion releases VST3 versions or until a release of BFD4? Or is the BFD product line dead and I have to jump to Toontrack Superior Drummer?

Kind regards,
Jo

purtington

Re: BFD3 VST3 or BFD4 - screen size 4K monitor

Postby purtington » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:53 pm

Jo88 wrote:Hi,
I'm working with Studio One under Win10 with a 4k monitor.
I've tried to use BFD3 as a drum plugin, but I can't use it in S1 because the screen size of the plugin is too small. There is no option to zoom the plugin. These issues normally don't exists with VST3 plugins: they are often resizeable.

Can we wait until FXpansion releases VST3 versions or until a release of BFD4? Or is the BFD product line dead and I have to jump to Toontrack Superior Drummer?

Kind regards,
Jo

If there is going to a BFD4 it's at least 2 years away if not more.
From when FXpansion first started sending out feature requests to users on this forum to the release of BFD3 must have been 2 and half to 3 years and since no feature request list for BFD4 has been sent out I don't see there being a BFD4 for a long time.

I think it's more likely they'll just add some new feature in updates like they did about a year ago with the expandable arrows and macro features.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

Return to “BFD3”