BFD3 will not accept audio options, crashes, and is not recognized in VST scans. - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD3 will not accept audio options, crashes, and is not recognized in VST scans.

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

Cormier

BFD3 will not accept audio options, crashes, and is not recognized in VST scans.

Postby Cormier » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:33 pm

I'm trying to get BFD3 loaded, authorized, and recognized by Studio One. Every time I try to update the audio options in standalone mode, clicking on any of the input or output choices just crashes BFD3. It just disappears. Its registered on my computer but all VST scans don't pick it up. In fact, I get a message that "BFD3 is not installed on your system." This is so unnecessarily difficult. Ticket logged but no response. Moving on to SD3 until I hear back (Lawrence was super helpful w/issues in the past), but I sure would like to continue using BFD3. One of the reasons I just updated to a new Windows 10 machine was to be able to update to 3.3.0. How ironic.

Until then, I'm whistlin' Dixie. Anyone else have this problem?

Marc
Studio One Pro 4.5. Win 10 Pro. i7 4790, 3.6 GHz, 32 Gb RAM. IK Axe I/O. Lotsa other gadgets.

Lawrence_fx

Re: BFD3 will not accept audio options, crashes, and is not recognized in VST scans.

Postby Lawrence_fx » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am

Cormier wrote:I'm trying to get BFD3 loaded, authorized, and recognized by Studio One. Every time I try to update the audio options in standalone mode, clicking on any of the input or output choices just crashes BFD3. It just disappears. Its registered on my computer but all VST scans don't pick it up. In fact, I get a message that "BFD3 is not installed on your system." This is so unnecessarily difficult. Ticket logged but no response. Moving on to SD3 until I hear back (Lawrence was super helpful w/issues in the past), but I sure would like to continue using BFD3. One of the reasons I just updated to a new Windows 10 machine was to be able to update to 3.3.0. How ironic.

Until then, I'm whistlin' Dixie. Anyone else have this problem?

Marc

Hey Marc, thanks for the report - it sounds as though there may be some sort of internal conflict with your audio device. If you disconnect any external audio devices and attempt to launch BFD3 again, does the crash continue to occur? If so, please reach out to our support team who will be able to guide you through some steps to hopefully resolve the issue - https://support.roli.com/request

Can you let me know which path(s) Studio One is looking at to find the BFD3.dll? It may be the case that this needs updating to look for the 64 bit path specifically.

purtington

Re: BFD3 will not accept audio options, crashes, and is not recognized in VST scans.

Postby purtington » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:31 pm

I'm assuming you have all the latest drivers for your Axe I/O and it's set to use asio drivers?

I don't know anything about that interface but I assume it's dedicated for audio recording.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

Return to “BFD3”