Can I sell my BFD 1 ? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Can I sell my BFD 1 ?

Support for BFD Premium Acoustic Drum Module

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Tom L

Can I sell my BFD 1 ?

Postby Tom L » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:13 am

Is BFD1 compatible with Windows 7 ? Pro Tools 9 ? Is it worth anything after a $50 license transfer fee ?

I am looking at upgrading to BFD3 and I hate to see BFD1 go to waste.
Pro Tools 12 / Apollo twin / Win 10 / 8 Gigs RAM / 3 Hard Drives ( C:System ) (D: BFD 2,3,Evil Dums) (E: PT Data )

purtington

Re: Can I sell my BFD 1 ?

Postby purtington » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:20 pm

Tom L wrote:Is BFD1 compatible with Windows 7 ? Pro Tools 9 ? Is it worth anything after a $50 license transfer fee ?

I am looking at upgrading to BFD3 and I hate to see BFD1 go to waste.

BFD1 won't be totally going to waste as you can still use all your BFD1 kits in BFD3.

As for windows 7 it is NOT supported so I would advise against it. Not supported doesn't strictly mean it wont run
but I think the installer won't run so you will have to find some work around. I know a few people had this problem with windows vista and some people managed to find a work around. Of course assuming you do get it installed you won't be able to get any tech support should things go wrong. If I were a potential buyer I'd run a mile once I knew that.

Have no idea if it runs on Pro-Tools 9.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

eivind

Postby eivind » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:41 pm

I had no problems installing BFD on my Win7 64bit machine.

I did experience some minor setbacks when trying to use Steinbergs own vst-wrapper (I'm currently using Cubase 7.5) it was hard to get the included MIDI to play - but I've invested in jbridger (cheap) - which is a nice way to wrap old stuff into newer environments.

My original oldie BFD 1.5 now plays nicely on Win7 64.

kairusee

Postby kairusee » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:27 pm

I know this thread is a a little old at this point but Im looking to buy the original BFD plus xfl expansion and 8-bit kit. I have an old system with songs that I want to revisit but need these old versions get everything back up and running. Contact me if you'd like to sell me your old software with disks, manuals, and serials. I'm dead serious!

purtington

Postby purtington » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:26 pm

kairusee wrote:I know this thread is a a little old at this point but Im looking to buy the original BFD plus xfl expansion and 8-bit kit. I have an old system with songs that I want to revisit but need these old versions get everything back up and running. Contact me if you'd like to sell me your old software with disks, manuals, and serials. I'm dead serious!

You do know all these kits are available as downloads for BFD3?
Assuming you have BFD3 of course.

Unfortunately you've missed the mid summer sale though.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

Return to “BFD”