Installation Questions - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Installation Questions

Support for BFD Premium Acoustic Drum Module

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Bezo

Installation Questions

Postby Bezo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:06 pm

Due to a move & house rehab, I'm just now getting back into recording after 2 years. Any way...

I'm on a different CPU than I was using the last time. I have my sounds on a separate drive, connected to the new CPU. But the actual program, maybe plugins & presets, were on my master drive on my old CPU. So...

-Instead of using the DVD, can I simply download the latest update? Will that include the full program along with plugins & presets? Or must I use the DVD?
-The manual recommends installing BFD on a separate drive. Does that include the program? I already have the audio data on a separate drive. Should the program go on a separate drive too? And is that seperate from BFD audio data as well?

Thanks
BFD 1.5.50.1 w/ XFL, Jazz & Funk and 8 Bit Kit
Pro Tools LE 8.0.5, Digi 002 Rack
iMac 3.06Hz Intel Core 2 Duo, OS 10.6.8

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:49 am

Install the latest update from your account and then update the Data Path in BFD's Options to point to the audio on your separate drive. The program itself should be installed on your system drive, it's just the audio that's better on a dedicated drive.

Hope that helps.

Bezo

Postby Bezo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:22 pm

Thanks for the response Rory!

I did install the 1.5.50.1 update. The Core Audio file was installed on my system drive, but I don't have the ReWire or Aplet files. I haven't recorded music in about 2 years, so I don't recall if I was using them, but I'd like to install them just in case.

I have the system drive from my old computer & an enclosure to connect it to the new computer. Is it possible to drag & drop the ReWire & Aplet files? Might there be anything else I'm missing from only installing the update & not using the DVD?

Lastly, when playing a few songs in Pro Tools, I was getting some nasty pops & static. BFD is being triggered by MIDI, no printed audio. Might this be because I'm missing some files? Should I update only to the lastest final update, 1.5.46.10?

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi Bezo, Rewire was dropped a long time ago. You shouldn't need it if you're using Pro Tools, just load BFD up as an RTAS instrument and use like any other virtual instrument.

I'm not sure what an Aplet file is I must confess! Basically, if you can load the RTAS version in Pro Tools and get sound out of it, then your install is good.

The pops and static are probably caused by disk streaming problems, meaning that BFD cannot stream the audio from the disk fast enough to play it back. Try reducing your soundcards buffer size (Setup menu / Playback Engine) to see if they go away.

Bezo

Postby Bezo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:02 pm

Thanks!

Puranon

Postby Puranon » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:54 am

With a clean install from the 2-18-2012 production ISOs, do you still need to apply the following?

1.Audio Fixes
2.Auxillary Data Updater

Bezo

Postby Bezo » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:00 pm

Rory_FX wrote:The pops and static are probably caused by disk streaming problems, meaning that BFD cannot stream the audio from the disk fast enough to play it back. Try reducing your soundcards buffer size (Setup menu / Playback Engine) to see if they go away.
I'm still having this problem, even when adjusting the buffer size. And it's very inconsistent. Sometimes everything sounds fine, sometimes I get the static burst. I don't have the most recent, powerful iMacs, but it's much faster than the G4 I upgraded from with 2X the RAM. I don't recall having any such problems with my old set up.

Any other suggestions?

This makes me nervous about upgrading to BFD2.

tocabossa

Postby tocabossa » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:20 pm

upgrade.. I was having the same issue on my dual core G5 running 1.5...

soon as I changed to 2 it was smooth as a babys bum apart from my mac couldnt handle more than one instance aswell as all the other plugins ~Im runnin..

I now got a new quad core intel to sort that out....lol

Bezo

Postby Bezo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:05 pm

Seems the static bursts I was experiencing were due to the cheap external drive enclusures I was using. Upgraded to Glyph drives and everything is running smoother than ever.

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:31 am

That's good to hear :)

Return to “BFD”