Install setup help with cubase - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Install setup help with cubase

Support for BFD Premium Acoustic Drum Module

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

trumpetshoutmusic

Install setup help with cubase

Postby trumpetshoutmusic » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:34 pm

here is my setup

I have a computer (WIN7) with 2 hard drives Main drive (C) is SSD. 2nd drive is sata drive. I tried to install BFD (2 DVD's) on main (C) Hard drive. Then I tried to install all 5 BFD2 DVD's on the same hard drive. I ran out of room on my hard drive. SO I went back , erased everything, and simply installed BFD1 on my ssd drive. The VST's did NOT show up in cubase 4,(Studio version).

My question is this:
#1 SHould I keep the BFD 1 install on my SSD Drive and then the 5 BFD2 DVD's on my SATA DRIVE?
#2 or should I just install everything (all 7 DVD's) on my sata drive.
#3.With just BFD 1 installed on my SSD drive, I did not see any of the VST's load in my In cubase,4, studio version.

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:42 pm

We don't really support BFD in Win7 as it's a legacy product on a modern operating system. I don't know if Cubase 4 is 64bit, but that might be part of the problem.

In truth BFD/BFD2 will probably work just as well from your SATA drive. If space is an issue on your SSD then I would recommend installing the BFD/BFD2 data to your SATA drive. Make sure you install each one to a SEPARATE folder.

After installing both, make sure to install the latest update to BFD2, then add the path to the BFD data in the Data Preferences. That way you can use both BFD and BFD2 samples in the BFD2 plugin.

Return to “BFD”