Windows 10 BFD1/BFD2 Upgrade, KITS!? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Windows 10 BFD1/BFD2 Upgrade, KITS!?

Support for BFD Premium Acoustic Drum Module

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

bryan3375

Windows 10 BFD1/BFD2 Upgrade, KITS!?

Postby bryan3375 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:53 pm

Greetings,

I searched the forum database to see if this particular question has been asked and answered, but could find nothing on it.

I just purchased a new laptop that is running Windows 10 and I want to install BFD. I've been without a working laptop for recording for about 6 years and I have the disc versions of BFD1, with the 5 disc upgrade to BFD2. I have no problem buying the most current version. But I would rather spend less money for the upgrade as opposed to buying the entire program. Is it possible to load the earlier versions and then use the upgrade to bring it up to version 3...?

And my 2nd question, Another reason I would like to use the upgrades is all of the kits that I have between versions 1&2.

Any insight into this would be most appreciated!

B.

purtington

Re: Windows 10 BFD1/BFD2 Upgrade, KITS!?

Postby purtington » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:55 pm

bryan3375 wrote:Greetings,

I searched the forum database to see if this particular question has been asked and answered, but could find nothing on it.

I just purchased a new laptop that is running Windows 10 and I want to install BFD. I've been without a working laptop for recording for about 6 years and I have the disc versions of BFD1, with the 5 disc upgrade to BFD2. I have no problem buying the most current version. But I would rather spend less money for the upgrade as opposed to buying the entire program. Is it possible to load the earlier versions and then use the upgrade to bring it up to version 3...?

And my 2nd question, Another reason I would like to use the upgrades is all of the kits that I have between versions 1&2.

Any insight into this would be most appreciated!

B.

You can definitely use the BFD1 and BFD2 kits in BFD3, I have a feeling you can't use the midi grooves from BFD1 though.
I could be wrong on that as don't own BFD1 but am sure I read that in a few posts.

To get the upgrade price for BFD3 you need to make sure your BFD1 & BFD2 are registered and I think you just give your registered serial numbers when buying the upgrade.

Not sure I understand your second question though.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

bryan3375

Re: Windows 10 BFD1/BFD2 Upgrade, KITS!?

Postby bryan3375 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:25 pm

Thank you for your reply Steve,

I didn't word my second question very well, but you answered it anyway! I wanted to know if I would be able to keep all of the kits from 1&2 by going through the upgrade process. I did register both versions so I'm going to download 3 and GET BUSY!!! :D

Thanks again!

B.

Return to “BFD”